It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:14 am

Free Newsletter

NEED TO LOSE 65KG, IS IT POSSIBLE? ADVICE AND TIPS PLEASE!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

NEED TO LOSE 65KG, IS IT POSSIBLE? ADVICE AND TIPS PLEASE!

Postby missonamission » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:32 pm

Hi everyone : )

My names sarah and i'm 16, nearly 17. I weigh 134.2kg, yes i know... not too good for my age. I need to lose at least 65kg to get to a healthy weight. Is that possible? If anyone has any advice and tips, it would be greatly appreciated!

I have tried to lose weight so many times before and nothing seems to work. It also doesnt help because i find it hard to stay motivated after a while and crave the 'bad foods' too often. I also have PCOS which is a bit of a burden too, makes it harder to lose weight. But this year i am DETIRMINED to do something about this.
My biggest weigtloss total would be 25kg, and that was when i was on the Tony Ferguson diet about 2.5 years ago. I stopped for a while and just couldnt go back on it because i was so bored of it and obviously put all the weight back on.

Good luck to everyone else out there : )

sarah x
missonamission

Re: NEED TO LOSE 65KG, IS IT POSSIBLE? ADVICE AND TIPS PLEASE!

Postby yellowroses » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:53 pm

Hey hun :) Congrats to you for deciding to do something and change yourself for the better :)

Do you live with your parents? Do they support you in trying to lose the weight? Have you tried talking to them about only buying healthy foods when you go shopping?

I think you should just do the 'regular' thing - eat healthily, and exercise regularly. Try just going for a walk around the block or the backyard as soon as you get home from school for 20 minutes or so, and try to cut down on portion sizes. Remember you can still eat things like chocolate or something, but everything in moderation and small amounts. I found the best thing for me when I crave chocolates or sweet foods, was to buy Jarrah hot chocolates and have one every time I felt like something sweet - they're only 40 calories each!

If you want to count calories, there's a great website that's free to join up to: http://www.calorieking.com.au. It'll help track your exercise, calories, and your weight loss :)

Take it slow at first, and introduce yourself to new things one at a time to make these healthy things into habits.

Good luck hun! We're all here if you need us :)
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby mumnbub » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:05 pm

Do you know the reasons for gaining the weight in the first place? I understand how frustrating it can be to lose weight and then gain some back so I think it is essential to understand why it happened in the first place and fix the problem or you will what you did a few years ago, lose some then gain it back. If you were bored on a strict diet then definatly just do the natural thing- eat healthy foods and do regualar exercise. Dont push yourself to hard to fast, its ok to take it slowly, make small changes each week and slowly incorporate everything into your lifetyle.
If you are living with family, ask that they serve up smaller portions for yourself or even do some of the cooking so that you learn about healthy nutrition. Are your parents overweight? if so then maybe this is something you can all work on together, having support is sooo important.
If your living alone then its a great oportunity to ensure your cooking healthy meals.
Good luck with your journey- feel free to ask for advice any time, there is always someone who can help.

Oh, as for if its possible to lose 65kg- no matter how much you have to lose it is always possible! We have some members on here that have lost amazing amounts of weight, read through the personal progress section and you will be inspired.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:58 pm

advice: believe u can. Having the willpower and motivation is one of the biggest problems that keeps us from losing weight and keeping it off. Work out a menu for yourself and when u can fit in exercise. GOODLUCK.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:39 pm

Of course it's possible, you can do anything, sweetheart, you are so young and so strong. You have amazing courage just to post what you did. What you wrote about yourself takes amazing courage and good on you. Probably the best advice I can give is to go and see your doctor (although you must have done that as you've spoken about PCOS) and then go and see a dietician who can steer you in the right direction about the correct foods you should be eating. You are only 16 and haven't finished developing yet. You need all sorts of nutrients to finish off your development (ok you're close, but not quite there!). It's important I think to not go on any "crash" diets that eliminate large sections of area's of foods that some "fad" diets can do. I'm not suggesting that you have done that in the past, but there are many things on the market that have the allure of fast weight loss. I think going to a dietician can help you learn about nutrition and will give you the tools that will set you up for a life time of healthy eating. A plan that's easier to stick to long term that will (along with regular exercise) help you maintain a healthy weight in time - and of course its possible and you can definitely do it. There are many people here currently doing it that will help you! Just log on any time! Good luck, best wishes and hope to follow your progress as you go along, Alexandra :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby Juzzy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Yes, as a PP said. You need to believe that you can do it. If you have the mindset that you cant do it then you probably wont.

Good luck!
SW: 127.8
CW: 106.8

GW : 80 (will reassess once i get there)

21 kilos lost!
Juzzy

Postby yoyogirl88 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:03 pm

Good luck with your goals Hun, It is possible and you CAN do it!!!
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby wannabeslim » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:34 pm

of course its possible!!! especially at your age. i know you probably feel that there is no light at the end of the tunnel, i do too!! (although i feel really silly now cause youve lost twice as much weight as i have ever before!)
have you spoken to your doctor?
personally i think meal replacement diets are rubbish cause you dont learn how to select or prepare healthy meals.
i hope you do well.
im here to talk to if you need. its nice to find someone around my age here!
2010 goal: get to 56-8kg and keep fit & healthy!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w02nLYq/]
[/url]
wannabeslim

Postby Bel Diamante » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:02 pm

Yes you can lose 65kgs!! All you need is willpower, inner strength, guidance and support. There is some great advice on this thread already!! I have about 63kgs to lose all together before I'll be at a place where I'll be happy with my weight. I've found this forum has some great members who'll give you endless support and a good kick up the backside if needed LOL. YOU CAN DO IT!!
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Start Bust: 133cm Now: 130cm
Start Waist: 127cm Now: 125cm
Start Hips: 148cm Now: 144cm
Bel Diamante

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous