It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:05 pm

Free Newsletter

This is MY year! :)

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

This is MY year! :)

Postby court » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi guys -
Thought this might be the best place to lay it all on the table. My name is Courtney - I am 25 years old and at the moment i weigh 76.7kgs. At my heaviest I was 90 kilos and for someone that is only 160cm tall it puts me in the obese range. I have always been sporty, played everything from netball, basketball, been a swimmer - even tried rugby! When i started seeing my BF 6 years ago we both settled and put on 20kg each. I didnt even notice it until one day we bought a set of bathroom scaleS!!!!!! Then my best friend asked me to be a bridesmaid - the other three girls she asked were around 6ft tall and size 8! So i thought to myself i am NOT going to be the fat b'maid that everyone feels sorry for. So i stopped eating carb and walked 8km everyday - not surprisingly I lost around 17kg in 3 months. My BF lost 20kg's.I felt great and I loved myself in the champagne pink dress! Since then i have traveled the world and slowly my weight has crept back up from around 72kg's to 80kgs. The thing is - i was going to the gym and walking and doing a tonne of exercise but the weight wasnt budging!
3 weeks ago i joined Jenny Craig. I have lost 3.4kg's in the last 3 weeks. My goal? 65kg's. I cannot remember weighing less that 70kg's but my BMI says i should be between 51 and 64kg's. So 65 and then see where i go from there!
I am happy, fit and healthy, i can run on a treadmill for a good 40 mins without stopping at a reasonable pace - I just dont look how i should and i am desperate to! My parnter is a gym addict - last night he was there for 3 hours! He is looking great and it is great having someone so motivated by my side. So in this post I am going to keep track of my progress - this is for me. I dont keep a journal so everything will be here. Short term goals?
1. Keep drinking 3 x 600ml bottles during the working day,
2. eat my JC meals and snacks every 3 hours to keep my metabloism going,
3. don't put my body in starvation mode by exercising TOO much

Thanks guys :)
court

Re: This is MY year! :)

Postby court » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Exercise last week:
Monday - Played Netball Grand Final (we lost :()
Tuesday - Walked 40 mins
Wednesday - Netball Training - 45min run
Thurday - Noght off
Friday - Burnt 500= calories at the gym - 45min run, 20 min x trainer
Saturday - Pump Class
Sunday - Step Class (Oh so much fun!)

Slip ups food wise?

I had three 1/2 classes of wine topped up with soda! Next night i pretended to have a social drink with friends by ordering soda and lime in a short glass - everyone thought i was drinking vodkas! :)
Saturday night at a barbecue I had a few bits of cob bread dip - you know that spinach sour cream thing?? Wow to DIE for - but still managed to lose 1kg last week....

My goal? 1kg a week :)
court

Postby starr22 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:28 pm

Good luck with it all court :D Lookng forward to seeing your progress.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby court » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:38 am

Thanks Starr! I am feeling pretty good so far :) Thanks for your support!!! xo
court

Postby court » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:54 am

I just found out last night that I will now be the centre for my netball team this year so i need to "make sure my fitness is up to scratch!" Another reason to drop another 12kg's! Less to lug around the court! :)
court

Postby court » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:59 am

This week has been so easy. I dont know why i didnt find out about JC (JennyCraig) earlier! Today i have caramel popcorn as a snack - last night i had chocolate mousse and delicious crumbed fish with wedges and cheesy brocolli sauce!
Granted they are all fairly small portions but it is teaching me that instead of grilling a huge piece of salmon with some veges on the side, I have half the salmon and bulk my plate up with LOTS of veges :) AND have a grain!!
See i was always doing things correctly, eating the right foods and not eating junk food - my problem was PORTIONS and not eating enough small meals at regular intervals. So happy i have figured out how to look after my body :) We only have one after all!
court

Postby court » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:48 am

Had a really good week this week so far. Have done high intensity exercise three times and one good hour walk and havent eaten anything outside my program which is good. Weekends are always hard though! I have a barbecue this weekend and my M-i-L makes the most AMAZING food...just going to have to keep drinking the soda water and have a big salad! This coming weeks aim: to STOP standing on the scales everyday cos i feel like it is getting me down! Once a week at the same time = consistency!

Court x
court

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:33 pm

You're doing brilliantly, Court. Keep up the good work!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby court » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:31 pm

Thanks Ali - i really appreciate the support. I am looking forward to my dinner tongiht! I have JC chili con carne - and i am going to stuff it into a capsicum, bake it and have it with a dollop of plain yoghurt with some no fat cheese!!!! Yummo cant wait! :) (not that i am being obsessive haha)
Court x
court

Postby court » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:17 pm

Hey All-
Had a pretty good weekend- i couldnt eat my Jenny meal lastnight because i was at a family barbie.I steered well away from the nibbles and had lots of water and coke zero - had a salad with one chicken skewer and a bread roll! Was very tasty i enjoyed it very much :) Didnt eat the cakes - i made one of them so i made sure everyone tried it in my absence! haha. I am getting used to all this salad now - loving it in fact - i am finding ways to make things taste better!
Court
court

Postby court » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:11 pm

Exercise this past week:

Monday - rest day
Tuesday - Body Combat
Wednesday - Netball Traning 1.5 hours (LOTS of running!)
Thursday - rest!
Friday - walked 45 mins
Saturday - I hr cardio (around 600calories burnt! xtrainer, stepper and tready)
Sunday - Step Class
Monday- (this morning) 30 minute walk

I dont feel like i have lost much weight this week. Not sure why - just not happy to budge it much this week i guess! I guess i will see tongiht when i hop on the scales :)
court

Postby court » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:57 pm

I lost another 600gms this week! So that is 4kg in 4 weeks and i had my measurements taken - 18.5cm off my waist, hips and chest! I dont really know what that means but it was nice to hear my consultant say she has "shaved a good portion of my body off me!"
So yeah - pretty excited to be on my way :) :lol:
court

Postby Shalimar » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:41 pm

Well done Court :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby kristal » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:07 pm

Wow, you are doing so well!

Great to see another Shire girl lose the weight she wants!

Keep it up!
SW - 71 kg
CW - 65 kg
GW - 58 kg
Weight Loss so Far = 6kgs
Weight to go = 7kgs
kristal

Postby milkyway » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:53 pm

You're doing great - well done. Keep it up! You sound really motivated.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous