It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:39 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi, I'm new

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Hi, I'm new

Postby thunderthighs » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:06 am

Hi all

I'm new to this forum. I have about 15kgs to hit my healthy weight range, and probably 20 to be happy with my body.

I'm 38 and have been dieting on and off ever since I can remember.
I got married 3 months ago, and my husband loves my body, but I'm not happy with it, and never have been. I don't need to be "skinny", just healthy. I have a 13 year old and a 12 month old, plus working full time, so I'm pretty busy, and have a tendancy to get lazy. I also drink too much (lots of wine every night) and am too comfortable sitting on the couch with a book in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, and some chocolate on the table next to me.

I've just started my "new lifestyle" last week. Less wine, less chocolate, and basically using the Weight Watchers points plan but not going to meetings etc (I have all the stuff because I've joined so many times).

I have just discovered this forum, and am looking forward to talking with you all for inspiration. I might lurk a bit til I feel more confident.

Jo
SW: 79.1
GW: 64 (top of healthy weight range)
Ultimate GW: 59.9

Doing it for me, this time.

thunderthighs

Re: Hi, I'm new

Postby PetraW » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:01 am

Hi Jo,

I just found your post and wanted to say "Welcome"! I think you have done the first step in getting healthier and happier by recognizing what you have to change and starting to make those small changes in your eating (and drinking) habits.
In my opinion that's what it comes down to - changing your eating habits. Drink more water, eat healthier and a little less. I believe that so-called "diets" don't work in the long run because a lot of them are so restrictive and you cannot maintain them in the long run, and as soon as you go "off" the diet the kilos come back on.
So a gradual change in your eating habits seems the way to go, and it looks like you are on the right path!
I hope to read a bit more from you. :)

BTW, I am 41 (since Monday last weeg, uuuuugh!) and have been on diets probably since my early 20's. When I look back now there was absolutely nothing wrong with my body then (I am 168cm and weighed 62kg), - if I would have only known! Now, since the kids (2 of them, 5 and 7), I have been hovering between 75 and 77 and have even gone up to 79 over the past few months. So I think I know how you feel! Just recently I discovered the low GI eating plan and am in the middle of changing my eating habits to accommodate that. Low GI is something I believe I will be able to maintain over a long period of time. Even though right now I have lots of relapses, but I have good days also and on those I can see a weight loss the next day! You might want to look into that, too. :D

Petra :wink:
Petra's Weight Loss Blog
Beautiful Beach Home Decor
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3J8xVi/]
[/url]
PetraW

Postby kristal » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:21 pm

OH gosh, you just described me! We sound like twins - although I don't have the children! hahaha.

I have also been dieting on and off for many years losing the weight, putting it back on again (especially after I just got married 2 years ago).

I am also in the process of cutting out my great love of white wine! I seriously have been devouring about 4 glasses of wine a night for the past 4 years so it has therefore become a bit of a habit. I also love nothing better than jumping into bed with a glass of wine and watching a movie! Bad I know! But that is my main weakness.

Good on you for starting out. I have been on Celebrity Slim for the last 2 weeks and after much will power, determination and encouragement from my hubby, I have managed to limit myself to a few glasses of wine on the weekend. And you know what? I have seen the best results so far which has kept me motivated to keep going.

Had one wine last night after 2 weeks off it and I reckon I could easily turn into a very cheap drunk! hahaha.

Also think of the money you will be saving from stopping the wine intake!

Anyway, good luck with it, I know it is hard especially when you have kids, but just keep at it and be super strict to start with or I find I just don't follow it through.
SW - 71 kg
CW - 65 kg
GW - 58 kg
Weight Loss so Far = 6kgs
Weight to go = 7kgs
kristal

Postby sarahm » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:09 pm

hi there. i am sarah, i am also new to the site.i enjoyed reading your entry and feel i can relate to you. i am 35 yrs old and a solo mum to 2 kids 6&10. i have been putting all their needs first and neglecting me. i realise i was drinking WAY too much wine at night, and also majorly over-eating,[emotional eating] i am 165cm and weighed in at 105kgs-weird to hit triple figures!!!! a couple of months ago a small voice inside me said'enough is enough' and i gave up the wine cold turkey. it was really hard as i so looked forward to winding down at night. my apetite reduced a bit but i still sat on the lounge eating late at night. and craving a cold white wine! a couple of months later the same small voice said 'enough already' and i decided to stop the bingeing and trying to fill my needs thru food. i cut out bread and marg.[my BIG weakness] and also any fast -fried etc foods. i also tried using optifast shakes etc. i have days where i have a blow out but have realised that i need to dust myself off and get on with it! PMT also makes me soooo hungry. but i want to have myself back and to not carry my feelings around as fat. i now weigh about 97kg but dont feel any lighter.... will keep at it. will keep reading about how you are going. this is not an easy thing to do!! bye 4 now, best wishes. x
sarahm

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous