It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:13 am

Free Newsletter

Working my butt off to get to sea.

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Working my butt off to get to sea.

Postby tan38 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:42 am

Hello everyone,
I am new here but have been reading posts for the last few days and thought it would be good to get my progress down as well.

I am 38 years old with 3 kids all grown up now, so I think its time to think of me.
I have been over weight as long as I can remember, but most of the time felt well and ok about it, about 2 months ago
I started feeling very unwell and tired, when I got on the scales I was shocked to see I had hit an all time high of 135.5KG.

Well this was a real turning point for me, I went off to the doctor to find out if everything was ok, after a lot of blood tests,
we found out that there was a few things that need working out like low iron and my thyroid levels where to high (had a thyroid op about 17 years ago)
so now that we have them sorted, I talked to the doc about my weight and how I would like to be around to see my grand kids arrive and grow and watch my kids get married etc.
So my thinking was that I have had 20 years fat and been a mum, now its time for me and hubby and I think the next 20 or more being healthy and thinking about loving me the way my hubby does is a great place to start.
Well I was brave going to the doctors and asking for help never done that before but the big thing for me was sitting hubby down and talking to him about how I was really feeling inside and telling him what my weight had gotten to. He has never been bothered about how a look he loves me for me but he has said he is worried about my health from it. Sorry nattering on now.

So after talking we worked out that I have to lose about 65kg so hubby has gone and done something amazing, he has booked a cruise for us in a top cabin leaving next Valentines Day 2010 and for every 1kg I lose we pay $50 of the cruise so it should all be paid by the time I lose the weight and it will be an amazing way to enjoy the new me and spend a honeymoon style holiday together as we never had one when we got married.

Well that was 3 weeks ago and I have lost 8.1kg in that time.
We brought a treadmill last weekend so I have started using that to work on my fitness levels as well.
The whole house has changed to a healthy way of eating to make this a new lifestyle for all of us and not just something for me so not a diet but a new way of life.
I am enjoying every day and seeing the new changes in my body and fitness levels.
I will try and post as much as I can to keep in check with you all, as I know that will help on the bad days as well.

Thanks for reading and sharing this journey with me.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0E8eQf/]
[/url]
tan38

Re: Working my butt off to get to sea.

Postby MissSonia » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:51 am

Congratulations on making the decision to take control of your life, it'll be the best thing to happen to your life after your husband and children. I wish you all the luck in the world and keep us posted :)
MissSonia

what a diifference 12 hours can make

Postby tan38 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:14 am

Hormones!!! what a difference they can make in such a short time.
Last night I was all positive and happy thinking I can do this.

Then this morning I have woken up in a fowl mood and it all seems way to big and all I want to do is binge eat.
Nothing has changed over night nothing happen, so I have to put it down to being a women LOL

I didn't do my time on the treadmill this morning really couldn't be bothered with it. I know that's not good. will try and do it tonight.

I forced myself not to binge and had a good breakfast of weetbixs and fruit.
I was also a bit down that I had not lost as much weight as I thought, I was thinking it was 8.1 but when I did the weight tracker thing I seen that I had added up wrong, but its still better than staying where I was or going up higher.

Hope you are having a great day. Mine will get better I am sure, well I am off to work.
[/url]
tan38

Postby Shalimar » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:59 am

Best of luck tan, it is a struggle but you will get there. Good luck :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby thunderthighs » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:01 pm

Good luck Tan. Don't let the hormones win. Just think of next year, hanging out on deck in your sexy swimmers, looking amazing.
SW: 79.1
GW: 64 (top of healthy weight range)
Ultimate GW: 59.9

Doing it for me, this time.

thunderthighs

Postby Alexandra » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:29 pm

Good luck with your next adventure! Look forward to reading about your successes along the way :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby tan38 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:10 pm

Thanks for your comments, my mood got a bit better a work.

But I am very please to let everyone know that I did not give in and pig out.
I went to the shop after work and got a Weight watches pizza so felt norti but wasn't

so today I had

Breakfast - 2weetbix with strawberry's
snack - apple
lunch small low cal tuna and 150ml low fat yought
snack - plum
dinner - WW pizza
snack - WW biscuits and WW hot choc
Water - 3 pump bottles 2250ml
excise - none in morning will do 10mins on treadmill before going to bed tonight.

Hope everyone is doing great today
[/url]
tan38

Postby tan38 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:45 am

Hello everyone,

I didnt get on here last night but will update now.

I am not sure why but the last 3 days I am gaining weight, 300g +300g +100g
i know that you retain water during TTTM but does anyone know do you do the same when ovulating?
I am to worried about it but its not good seeing the scales go the wrong way, when I am working so hard.

Anyway yesterday I was so proud of myself I have increased my exercise on the treadmill, the other night before bed I push it to 13mins up to 5km and covered .75km and then yesterday morning I pushed it again and did 14mins up to 5.6km and covered a whole 1km. I start at about 2.5 speed and add .2 every min.
This is not bad seeing as I could hardly do 3mins when we got it a week ago so I am so proud of myself.
Yesterday I eat-

Breakfast - multigran muffin with poached egg and very small bowl of all bran with skim milk
lunch small low cal tuna and frappe' and nectarine
snack - grapes
dinner - went out with my daughter for dinner and had scallops and salad and 1 small veg spring roll.
Water - 3 pump bottles 2250ml + small bottle of sparkling water at restaurant.
excise - 14 in morning on treadmill

Today is weight in day and I am back up to 128.1 ?

Hope all is having a great day I have the day off from work today.
[/url]
tan38

Postby MissSonia » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:58 pm

You really should only weigh yourself once a week at the same time each week as your weight fluctuates a fair bit from day to day.
MissSonia

Postby tan38 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:03 pm

Hello everyone sorry I havent updated but I wasnt able to post for a few days as the site kept blocking me, dont know if that was for everyone as I didnt see any other posts either.

But I have been doing really good even in some big downs. One being a big eye opener for me in regards to how much I have changed in the last 4 weeks.

I was sick from Thursday to Monday but still eat right just didn't get on the treadmill.

But it was on the weekend, we went out for dinner on Saturday night and on the way home as we came around the corner there on the road was my daughters little cat her baby had been hit and killed by a car. She was out for the night so we did what we needed to do and waited to tell her the next day, when she got home and we told her she was a mess as was expected. Anyway later that night I said she could have what ever she wanted for dinner and she loves FKC so I went to get that for dinner, but I wasn't going to eat it and I went to red roaster and order 1/4 chicken and chips and corn cob and peas, when I got home all I ate was the corn peas and breast of the chicken with no skin, I didn't even want or think of eating the other stuff. As I have always been an emotional eater this was a big breakthrough for me and opened my eyes to how far I am come and changed the way I think. Sorry for the long story but I was so proud of myself.

Anyway I had weight in today been 4 weeks since I started and I have lost just sort of 9kg. Some of my clothes are getting baggy and I am losing it off my hips and butt. So I am so happy about all of this.

Hope you are all doing great as well, 1kg at a time is all we need.
Tania
[/url]
tan38

Postby tan38 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:55 am

Morning all,

Well my weight has stayed the same but I am not bothered about it at I can coming up to TOM so it was to be expected.
I had a very embarrassing thing happen at work yesterday but good, I wore my 3/4 pants they have been feeling loose but every time
I walked anywhere they where falling down almost off, so I had to keep holding them up, they where straight out of the wash that morning so I cant even said they where stretched it was great but I was so worried I was going to lose them, and my underwear is doing the same thing. So today I am off to buy the next size down

Doctor was happy with my loss so far, on my Thursday check in which is now 9.1kg.
I have noticed that I am getting a bit relaxed with my eating I haven't had any thing bad but not being as strict as before so need to make sure I am not getting laxed with it or I will start to slip back like I normally do about now. but I really want this time to be different and finish what I have started.

Have a great weekend

Tan
[/url]
tan38

Postby curvygirl » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:55 am

I have only just read your posts and think what you are doing is amazing. Congrats on your weightl loss so far and good luck with your journey. Great idea with the cruise. Dont forget to take your bikini!
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous