It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:09 am

Free Newsletter

this is the home for me!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

this is the home for me!

Postby sarahm » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:48 am

hello to all. well i certainly feel i belong in the curvaceous and courageous section. in fact i feel quite emotional and touched at the tenderness and unflagging support u offer one another, and hope you can help me along too...
i divorced three years ago, and proceeded to use food as my comfort. i weighed around 60 kgs all thru my 20's{bar 2 pregnancies}. afew weeks ago i weighed 105kg and thought...ok. thats enough. i began a version of the optifast plan, and lost 5kgs in afew weeks. then i got premenstrual! and binged. however afew people noticed the 5kg drop, so i have motivation again! and this site is exactly was i have been yearning for! my doctor has prescribed me the highly contraversial "duromine" and i devoured the articles on this site about it. i seem to have some kind of food addiction.
anyhow i would like to post my progress on this part of the site.
24/03/09 99kgs goal weight 70kgs. i have lost six 6kg which is a start! all your stoies are so inspirational, and this site feels like meeting a bunch of beautiful friends. thanks for having me. sarah xx
sarahm

Re: this is the home for me!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:48 am

Congratulations on your 6kg loss so far, Sarah! That's a terrific achievement. It's great that you're losing weight under the supervision of your doctor. Duromine may be controversial, but with medical supervision it has helped quite a few people on this forum.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. I look forward to reading about your progress!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sarahm » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:48 pm

hi here i am.well i have been on duromine for two weeks now and feel pretty good. felt weird the first few days,but normal now. weight is at 95.4kgs today-better than 99 iguess. still i thought i would have lost more... havent worked out how many calories i eat in a day. but i restrict myself-duromine takes edge off apetite. not doing regular exercise. [i am so lazy!] have lost 10kgs all up but not feeling much different. maybe i am having a type of plateau? hope to lose more in the nxt week-see if i can get to 93.4kg :| thinking of you all. wishing u the best. xx
sarahm

Postby Alexandra » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Wow Sarah, 10 kgs is fantastic! Well done! :D The debate around duromine can be loud but I agree with EWQ, everyone has to evaluate their own circumstances and all options have their merits (as well as their pitfalls) and it's up to each individual and their medical practioners to decide :D

I'm sorry to hear of your distress around your marriage break up and I hope that you've now found some happiness! It's time to put yourself first which is hard for mothers! Best wishes for your health and weight loss goals, Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby sarahm » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:39 pm

hi alexander.just a note to say thankyou for taking the time to respond to my post. this act of kindness and support makes a huge difference. xx :D
sarahm

Postby sarahm » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:33 pm

hi just weighing in. its 14/04/09. today i am 92.4kg on the scales. thats 13kgs gone so far.20 more to go. really cant wait to get back into the 80's. onwards and forwards. thinking of u all . wishing u the very berst of luck. xx
sarahm

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Well done, Sarah! Keep up the good work!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:13 pm

Well done Sarah and congrats on your losses so far. You'll be an eighties chickie in no time :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby sarahm » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:58 pm

hi me here. weight today is 91.5kg. yhis weight loss thing is boooring i must confess. certainly had more fun getting here than it is getting back!! just get impatient with myself. just got my eyes on 80kg. thinking of us all. xx :roll:
sarahm

Postby Amethyst » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:10 pm

Congrats on the loss. Impatience is something we all have I believe. We've just got to hang in there.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby sarahm » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:32 pm

hey thanks for the support!! am a big pain lately. oh and i would loooove to weigh 75kg! friendship on here means the world. xxx
sarahm

Postby sarahm » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:20 pm

hi here it is again-weigh in .well i wasnt expecting much as i have not been so focused this week. so -the scales read 91kg. i got into some takeaway,and a bit too much borbourn and coke of late. however-some good news. i have met an amazing man who thinks i'm pretty ok. after 3 years single this is a lovely experience. so he likes me the way i am. this helps give me permission to keep on the weight loss journey for MYSELF. and i reeeaally like this man. till the next-my thoughts are with u all. xx
sarahm

Postby yellowroses » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:05 pm

Hey Sarahm! Congrats on your weight loss so far, and congratulations on the new man ;) Always a fantastic confidence boost when someone loves you for you!

One thing that I feel I have to say, and I don't mean for this to sound horrible if it accidentally comes out that way, but I suggest while you're on the weight-loss pills you really try to change your lifestyle in regards to eating, exercise and drinking habits. You can still have heaps of fun and eat fantastic tasting food you just have to get creative baby! :D Sorry if you've already started trying, but I couldn't see from this thread, but if you have then that is fantastic. It's definitely the best time to change your lifestyle habits because the pills are doing a lot of the work shedding the weight for you, so little changes at a time while you get down to your goal weight will help for maintaining that weight once you get there :)

*hugs* I hope all is going fabulously for you this week!
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby BBgal » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:40 pm

Congratulations on the great loss, and congratulations on the new man.... seems like your getting rewarded for your hard work!
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Postby Amethyst » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:07 pm

sarahm wrote:hey thanks for the support!! am a big pain lately. oh and i would loooove to weigh 75kg! friendship on here means the world. xxx

Do you mean me? I'm a shorty so it's a bit much for me.

I think because we all know what each other is going through even if we're losing different amounts so friendship is natural.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous