It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Free Newsletter

Life begins at 18!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Life begins at 18!

Postby lemmish » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:56 pm

Ok, let's get this boring "about me' spill over and done with shall we.

I'm Emma, and I'm 17 years young.
Always been the fat kid. ALWAYS!
The only time I ever ran in primary school was to get to the front line of the canteen.
10c bags of popcorn, 25c smiley hashbrowns (the only food happy to be crammed three at a time into an 8 year old's mouth), and $1.20 sausage rolls.
I could probably count the amount of times I actually took my own lunch to school on my pudgey, sausage fingers.

I was 68kgs by the time I started Year 7 at highschool.
Over the 6 years I spent in highschool, I gained nearly 50kgs, and I tipped the scaled at 117kg at 16 years old.
I look back at my photos now, and think to myself "how the hell did I manage to have a smile on my face?"
I don't remember being truely happy.
School socials, sleepovers, just hanging out with friends, I'd enjoy myself...
Until I had to pull down my top to hide the flub, or pull my undies back up after they'd rolled down.

That part of my life is over now.
I've graduated Year 12, and have been submerged in this new scary thing called "adulthood".
I sat on the couch last night, watching Channel 10's "The Biggest Loser", ironically chewing down on a Domino's meat lovers pizza.
These people nearly killing themselves to shed the kilos they'd gained because one more piece of mudcake was more tempting than a walk with the dog.
These people nearly killing themselves to give themselves the life they want. And deserve.
Why don't I deserve that?

Dammit, I do.
I was the fat kid, but I'll be damned if I let myself become the fat adult.
My 18th is just around the corner. And I'm not using that as yet another excuse to put off the changes my life needs for another few weeks.
Too many Monday's have gone by where that new fad diet just hasn't started.

This is a diet, this is a temporary get slim quick deal.
I don't care how much I lose. Whether it's 10kg, or 40kg.
I want to be healthy.

So, that aside.
This will mainly be used as a blog, I guess.
But instead of me mindlessly talking to myself... tips, motivation, any help at all (even if it's telling me to get off my arse and get on the $4000 cobweb-infested treadmill we have sitting in the front room) would be appreciated.
lemmish

Re: Life begins at 18!

Postby Jisgone » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:22 pm

Welcome along :) there is no better time than right now to start! i wish i started at 18, i wouldve been at goal by now hehe
Look around the forum its full of tips from people doing all different kinds of diets, find something that works for you and i hope you enjoy your time with us :)
Jisgone

Postby lemmish » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:52 pm

Thanks. :D
I've been skimming around already. Soooo many tips and this place seems to be full of people willing to share a story and offer advice.

Hmm... I really should read what I write before I post though. :?
I meant

** This ISN'T a diet.
Lol. I'm not in this for some miracle fix.
It's gonna be hard, I'm gonna sweat, I'm gonna cry.
But I'll get there with the help and support of all you guys. :)

And, before I forget.
Some little stats.

Height: 175cm
SW: 109.4kg
CW: 109.4kg
GW: 75kg
lemmish

Postby Juzzy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:20 pm

Welcome to the forum!!

I was the 'fat kid' too. Still am really! LOL

I am a similar weight to you so i look forward to sharing this weight loss journey with you!

And yeah, its not a diet... its a lifestyle change!
SW: 127.8
CW: 106.8

GW : 80 (will reassess once i get there)

21 kilos lost!
Juzzy

Postby lemmish » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:34 pm

I don't plan on posting updates everyday, but I just wanted to shove in my measurements, so I'll add in a lil note while I'm at it.

I wasn't sure what to measure. =/

April 9th, 2009
Neck - 38cm
Bust - 117cm
Under bust - 99cm
Upper arm - 39cm
Waist - 104cm
Hips - 126cm
Thigh - 72.5cm
Calf - 44cm

Woke up earlier than normal to make time for brekkie. So I need to make sure I make a routine of that. It's not 'the most important meal of the day', for no reason, right?
Work was hectic, and my normal lunch break was cut down heaps, so I shovelled down some home made spaghetti bol in the 10 minutes that I did have.
A main aspect of my new lifestyle is portion size, and the time it takes me to eat. I usually chow through my food so quickly, and don't listen to it telling me 'Hey, I'm FULL!' and by the end of dinner/lunch/whatever, I feel bloated and pretty gross.
Ughhh, plus work is funderaising for our animal rehoming program. A box full of Cadbury choccies staring at my in the staffroom. I talked myself outta buying one. Saving not just money, but my health.

And that's my spill for today.
I'll more than likely update next week sometime, unless something starts picking at me and I need to vent.

Cheers.
xx
lemmish

Postby Amethyst » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:52 pm

Talking yourself out of that one little thing is hard cuz you say yes once and it can continue. Good on ya.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Juzzy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:37 am

Good work at saying no! It is often the hardest thing to do! Well done!
SW: 127.8
CW: 106.8

GW : 80 (will reassess once i get there)

21 kilos lost!
Juzzy

Postby Shalimar » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:42 am

Good on you for saying no. You sound so determined. Stick with it and don't leave it another 20 odd years like I did :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby lng86 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi!!!

I don't come on here and write very often anymore... But your post 'spoke' to me.

I have been in the exact same situation as you. However, I started my own weight loss journey once I was approaching 21 - not 18.

I once weighed 123.5kg and am very happy to say that I now weigh in the low 70's. My weight loss average was 800g/week. And I lost the weight simply by healthy eating and regular exercise. I am now studying to become a qualified nutritionist and to help change the lives of others.

This journey is life changing. SO rewarding. Just take it one day at a time. Set achievable monthly goals. And realise that this is a lifestyle - not a diet. Eat everything in moderation. And if you have a bad day, pick yourself up... dust yourself off... and continue living.

This forum is amazing. And if you ever need a friend... Please PM me.

I wish you nothing but the best.

-Lauren.

P.S. You can never fail if you never give up!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Alexandra » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:13 pm

You sound like you are well on your way :D You also sound like a very bright, super intelligent, lovely, warm, woman ready to tackle to the world. I'm sure you'll do well in reaching your goals. Lauren and the other ladies have also written lovely posts with some great advice :D Hope it benefits you along the way - best wishes, Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby lemmish » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:33 pm

Thanks for all your replies and tips. I'm surprised how uplifted and empowered I feel when I read them.

Anywho, I completely fell off the wagon. Damn you Easter.
But I'm not using it as an excuse. I didn't enjoy eating any off it, and I feel like crap having just had junk.
I don't want to feel like this again.
So I'm getting back up, and on with it all.

Also, I read on a few threads about C25K, and I found some webbies about it.
I think I might give it a whirl.... may as well put that treadie to work.
lemmish

Postby amouse » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:35 am

Lem i think most of us were bad over easter.. lol but then its just one of those days to have off plan i think..

dont worry dust off and get going again.. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wq07Col/]
[/url]
On your journey it doesn't matter how long it takes to reach your destintation . What matters is getting there!
SW 135 kilos(nov 2007)
GW 70 something lol
CW 110.5
amouse

Postby Shalimar » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:04 pm

I am another who was bad on Easter Sunday, bbq'ed sausages with white bread, butter and tomato sauce X3, bbq'ed onion, 5 mini quiches, 6 pizza scrolls, potato chips,crackers and dip, 4 little carrot cakes with philly icing, coleslaw, mini sausage rolls , lollies, caramel slice and some choccie eggs (little ones), a piece od slice made with sour cream, I think that's about it.
Must admit I enjoyed every mouthful though :lol: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby milkyway » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi Emma and welcome to the WLF :) Sorry for the belated welcome, I've been on hols for a few weeks.

I loved reading your posts. You sound really positive and enthusiastic. Don't worry about Easter - write it off and move on. Don't use it as an excuse to quit.

I think it's great you've decided to take control of your weight at the age of 17. Keep it up!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby lemmish » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:45 am

I joined the 99 Kilo Challenge on the 'Challenge' thread. It's great as an extra lil' kick in the butt knowing that my loss/gain contributes to a group total. There's no way I want to disappoint or let anyone down, so the motivation on that level is fantastic.
Anywho, having joined the challenge my weigh-in day changed to Thursday.
And with today being Thursday, let me just say...

WOOOOOOOOO!!!

I lost exactly 3kg this week! I'm stoked.
To know that the weight WILL come off, (as stupid as that sounds) is so reassuring. It makes me all that more determined to succeed in this journey.

Thanks to all you guys for your tips and kind words of encouragement. I really do think it is that that made all the difference.

Ohhh, and I, like so many other people, started a Weightloss Vlog on YouTube.
It's mainly for myself, to watch myself progress ad learn from my mistakes, but comments and whatnot are always nice. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/aussieflab2fab
lemmish

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous