It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Life begins at 18!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Life begins at 18!

Postby lemmish » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:33 pm

I certainly hope that's the case. I'm not ready to slow down just yet! 19 kilos to go still, haha.
I just bought a Wii and a WiiFit, so I'm hoping that'll get me off my butt on those 'blah' days. Fingers crossed.
lemmish

Postby Czarina » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:35 am

Slow weeks are perfectly normal and to be expected. Could even be hormones or fluid retention, there are so many reasons why we don't 'lose' or we 'gain'. Don't worry about it, I found that if I kept doing what I was doing, things all evened out in the end. :D
Czarina

Postby lemmish » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:17 pm

Oh, maybe you guys can help me out with something!
I have my older sister's birthday party this Saturday coming up (the 12th) and it's a costume party... Theme is 'Famous People and Characters'. It's a pretty broad theme, but I am having sooo much trouble trying to figure out who to go as.

As far as I know, the following ideas are already taken by other people:
Kurt Cobain
Audrey Hepburn
Cinderella
Marilyn Monroe (dammit, that was my first idea!)
Cleopatra

Any suggestions? As vain as it may sound, I kinda wanna go as something showy, with some va-va-voom to it. I've worked hard to get where I am, and I wanna show it off a little. Lol!
lemmish

Postby yellowroses » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:41 am

The little mermaid? Tight green skirt and sea-shell bra? Ummm... Jacki-O (fashion GODDESS!)? Any random modern movie star going to a red-carpet event and wear a full-length gown (get one from ebay they're pretty cheap)? Xena?
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby lemmish » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:33 pm

Thanks for the suggestions! Ended up getting an Alice In Wonderland costume. It's short. Like really short. :oops: So if I get any half decent pics, I might post them....

As for the weigh-in this week. Lost 1.2kg. Pretty happy with that, even though I know most of it is from a bad week last week. Bad food plus TTOTM is gonna retain a lottttt of fluid. Down to 87.2kg now. Hoping to be 85 by the time I got to KL at the end of October. 2.2kg to go, possible. But no high hopes. I'll enjoy myself regardless!
lemmish

Postby lemmish » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:30 pm

Ok, so I had a big bad weekend. Eek... :oops: It was heaps of fun though. Food choices weren't terrible and I didn't go completely bonkers on that front. But I had a LOT to drink. One glass of Brown Brothers Moscato is never enough. So I'm really not to fussy about what happens on the scales this week. I know I slipped of the rails, but I had fun, and I'm now back in control.

Here's a pic of me in my costume from Saturday night... I'm Alice in Wonderland (second from the right).
And sorry if it's huge, I've never attached a photo before, lol!

lemmish

Postby court » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:42 am

Oh arent you just cute as a button?!! :D
What a great outfit!!! You look fantastic!!!
You are lucky you have kept your "assets" mine have disappeared :shock: :lol: haha
court

Postby lemmish » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:49 pm

Haha, if anything they seem bigger! Perhaps only coz the rest of me in smaller by comparison. :P
lemmish

Postby yellowroses » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Great choice of costume! You look fantastic!!! My 21st is Alice in Wonderland themed lol :) 'Cept I'm going as the mad hatter...
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby lemmish » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:41 pm

Ohh nice. An entire Alice themed party would be great! The quirky tea setting and all that. 8)

I had a crappy week and it's reflected in the crappy result on the scale this morning. 400g, but it's fine. I know I screwed up this week. Totally off track and falling back into old, comfortable habits. But I'm back into. About to go whip up something healthy and tasty for lunch.
lemmish

Postby Beautiful Dreamer » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:42 pm

You're looking fantastic! BEAUTIFUL!!! Even though it wasn't a big result as least it was a loss, and not a gain. Keep up the good work!

:)

Starting weight: 114.9kgs
Current Weight: 110.1kgs
Goal weight: 65kgs
Starting Measurements: Chest: 114cms, Waist: 107cms, Hips: 127cms, Thigh: 73.5cms, Upper arm: 49cms
Current Measurements: Chest: 105cms, Waist: 103cms, Hips: 125cms, Thigh: 67cms, Upper arm: 45cms
Wk 1: -2.1kgs
Wk 2: -1.5kgs
Wk 3: +1.6kgs :(
Wk 4: -2.7kgs :)
Wk 5: -0.8kgs
Wk 6: +0.7kgs :(
My blog: http://beautifuldreamersdiary.blogspot.com/
Beautiful Dreamer

Postby lemmish » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:23 am

Eeeep, forgot to update here.
Last weigh-in (Thursday, 24th) I lost 1.5kg. Was happy with that, even though I know a lot of it was water weight. Too many salty foods. :oops::oops:
My weekends are killing me. During the week I'm really on track; healthy foods and sweating my butt off at work. The the weekend rolls around...
It probably sounds a little bit stupid, but as I've been losing weight, I've been gaining confidence. I never used to have a social life. I'd find any excuse to not to go out (even with my best friends) because I was just so unhappy and ashamed. Now I'm a little bit more confident, I'm going out more and more, and enjoying myself and the company of good people (maybe even enjoying a little too much).
I think I just to to refocus, remember exactly what it is I want to achieve and prioritize.
So we'll see how I go this week....
lemmish

Postby court » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:47 am

OMG you just described me! I rolled home at 4am on Saturday morning!!! :lol: :lol: So unlike me but BOY did I havea fun time!!! hahahah...
You know what - everything in moderation!! Have those nights out then back on track Mon - Fri, maybe curb your weekends to ONE night out! It is coming up to summer I know it is so hard to say no!! I have a "nibblies" cruise this Saturday and a pub dinner in the city Sunday!!! Oh geez will this never end?!?! haha
court

Postby HappyGirl83 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:34 pm

I am the same!! It seems like there is always something on, friends b'day dinners, parties, get togethers, sunday sessions lol. I have always been a drinker but I am thinking this is one area I may have to change, like I'm changing the rest of my lifestyle. I'm good with my food choices on w'ends but I still think I'm drinking too much Fri and Sat nights.

I am actually thinking about being the DD and driving me and my friends to and from the city to go out in the future. This is a huge deal for me haha!! But I think I might quite enjoy a Sunday without a hangover lol. Maybe then just save the drinking for the special nights.
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:27 pm

Hey Lemmish. It's great to see that your having a success with your weight lose. You look gorgeous in your photo so you are getting there. :mrgreen: I love my Moscato too - try Annie Lanes Moscato - it's to die for.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous