It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:55 am

Free Newsletter

Lets try again shall we!!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Lets try again shall we!!

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:11 pm

Ok so I am back and wanting to get back into it. I have NO motivation but I NEED to lose weight. I have a medical condition that can only be cured by losing weight and keeping it off and I have two little ones that I want to set a good example for.

I won't be dieting, but I will watch my portion sizes. I am drinking my Rooibos tea again and will continue to do so, no more coffee with 2 sugars. If I must have a coffee it will be skim milk with no sugar :shock: . Diets and banning myself from food does nothing but make me want more. My biggest problem is snacking when I am bored and binge eating when I get upset or angry. I will try and replace these urges with a new pot of tea or 10 mins on the WiiFit.

I will try to do at least 30 mins of activity each day, this may be;
walking the bubs down the hill to town, walking around and walking back up the hill,
Walk away the Pounds, both over 1 hour,
Wii Fit.

Weigh in day will be Sunday and the scales are banished unless it is weigh in day, the same goes for the tape measure.

I start today with stats of Weight- 93.20kg BMI-34.2 Chest-105 cm Waist- 96 cm Hips- 110 cm Thigh-63 cm

I may give the metabolism advantage by blackmores another go considering I started them before JUST before I fell pregnant.

Today I am taking the bubs down to the partners work and showing them off, then walking home.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Re: Lets try again shall we!!

Postby yellowroses » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:26 pm

Good luck yoyo girl :) It's so good to see you back! We're all here, cheering you on :mrgreen: I want to see pics of the bubs too...
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Good luck, YoYoGirl. I think it's great that you're concentrating on portions and exercise rather than cutting anything out. You've just had a pair of beautiful little babies, after all. If you're breastfeeding then cutting calories dramatically would be a bad idea, and even if you're not breastfeeding it takes time for your body to recover. I think the media obsession with skinny Hollywood mothers is making too many new mums push themselves too hard too soon (end rant!).

Are they your babies in your new avatar pic? They're absolutely gorgeous!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby yoyogirl88 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:11 am

I am doing ok, have stuck to doing something active. Still eating bigger portions BUT I am not snacking near as much so I am happy.
Tosay is my 21st Birthday and DP and I are going to chinese for tea and mum is having a choc mud cake sent over so Hmmm.

Good news is that DP got me Wii Active for my birthday so I am looking forward to trying it out.
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby yoyogirl88 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:13 am

Oh and yes they are my bubbas.

I am not breast feeding and I am NOT wanting to be super skinny.
I tried to BF but it just did not work unfortunately, i am still a little sad.
My mummy tummy is my trophy!! I just want to be lighter and healthier for my operation in a few months and for my kidlets when they are older.
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:56 pm

Let me know how you go with the Wii active Yoyo, I am thinking about getting it but some first hand info on it would be great :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby becs » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:59 pm

Shalimar wrote:Let me know how you go with the Wii active Yoyo, I am thinking about getting it but some first hand info on it would be great :D .

I've been using the Wii Active for the last month or so and I love it - I've had the WiiFit for almost a year now and really only use it for weight tracking, but I use the Active most days and it really works up a sweat! I've just completed my first 30 day challenge, which is a series of 20 workouts (all different) completed over 30 days. You can choose the level of intensity, I did mine on medium intensity and after the first workout I could hardly move - so many squats and lunges! After the first couple of days though the pain stopped.

The exercises are a mix of upper body, lower body, cardio and sports - some of the sports exercises are a bit lame but others really work your body - the inline skating in particular is a killer! You have to squat and jump every time you hit a jump. On the hard setting you have to do 24 jumps - agony! I found the resistance band that comes with the package pretty poor quality (and not enough resistance either) so I headed down to Rebel and got some bands with a higher resistance which are a lot better. It feels a bit funny working out with the leg strap but I got used to it easily enough. You can also create your own workout (I leave out the jump lunges yuck!) or do one of the other preset workouts which vary from 10 minute leg & lungs right through to 55 minute full body marathon workouts.

Overall, I love the Active, I'm not a big fan of resistance training at the gym but with the Active it's part of a set workout, I can't avoid it and I can definitely see a bit of a difference in my body.
Starting weight: 87kg
Goal weight: 65kg

becs

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Thats sounds great becs. I don't suppose you know where the cheapest place to get it is? I heard Big W was cheap but I don't like my chances at the moment due to the toy sale they have on right now.
Do you mind if I ask how much the resistance bands set you back?

Thanks for that :D .

Shalimar

Postby becs » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:14 pm

I got it from JB HiFi - it was $75 there, everywhere else I looked it was $99. The resistance bands cost me $39 for a pack of 3 (varying resistances)
Starting weight: 87kg
Goal weight: 65kg

becs

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:49 pm

I'm hitting the shops with some of my birthday money on Saturday morning so I'm going to check it all out.

Thanks becs :D .

Shalimar

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:53 pm

Where are my manners :oops: ?

Happy Birthday Yoyo, I hope you have a blast of a day and a great night tonight :D :D .

XXX OOO.

Shalimar

Postby yoyogirl88 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:51 pm

Hi guys, well I have just started and I am already failing miserably.

I jumped on the scales this morning and I am 94.8 after my bday chinese and the surprise birthday cake mum had delivered.

I am going to use my Wii Active today.

I will have to start drinking heaps more water too.

Shamilar I will let you know what I think too.

So I hope I can slowly change my habits, I am not here to lose 20 kilos in a month, I just want to chip away at what I am and try and stop feeling horrible for eating even a little bit or get down over 1 kilo!
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Shalimar » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:26 pm

Thanks Yoyo, that would be great :D .

You will get there, you made great progress before and I have every confidence in you that you will again :D .

Shalimar

Postby Czarina » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:53 pm

I know drinking 2 - 3L of water a day definitely helps me. It helps with fluid retention, therefore giving me a more accurate result on the scales. Plus, it just makes me feel better all 'round. Now if I don't drink much water I get a headache.
Czarina

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:08 pm

Hiyas, well today is day 3 of my WA 30 day challenge, I have started on low intensity and my legs are killing me. I have also started a 15 day detox, to clear me out, drop the fluid and hopefully break some bad eating habits. I will no doubt lose a few kilos but they will most likely come back on soon after or the loss will slow afterwards. I am making stews and soups. After the detox I will be adding meat to them an Andy will eat them too.

I will need loads of willpower which I have and loads of support. I have mum and my patner supporting me 100% so that is good. I am also here for that.
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous