It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:29 pm

Free Newsletter

Losing Weight Cnt Do It Alone

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Losing Weight Cnt Do It Alone

Postby brookeelizabeth » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:02 pm

hey every one
im 18 and currently trying to lose weight.
i want to lose it asap.
can anyone give me some helpful advice as to how i can achieve this
any help will be awesome.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJlAHCX/]
[/url]
brookeelizabeth

Re: Losing Weight Cnt Do It Alone

Postby lemmish » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:28 pm

Heya and welcome. I'm 18 as well, so I can relate, I think.
There really is no quick fix solution to lose weight and keep it off. It takes sensible choices and adjustments to successfully shed the kilos. If you haven't already, I strongly suggest you join calorieking.com.au. It's a website that has a food and exercise diary, as well as a whole ton of other tools and gadgets to assist you in losing weight.

Ask questions, read through the healthy recipe section ofthe forum, and maybe even join a challenge!

Emma
xx
lemmish

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:12 pm

Hiya, best advice is not to expect it to come off tomorrow. It will take time.

I agree with the PP that Calorie king is great.

Also set small goals so that the big amount you need to lose is not the only thing you think about. Little goals make it feel much more achievable!

Best wishes for your journey!
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby sarahm » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:32 pm

hi hello and welcome! you are certainly not alone hear. great support to be had.look forward to reding your posts. bye for now-sarahm.x
sarahm

Postby brookeelizabeth » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:37 am

thanks heaps everyone
i understand im not going to lose it like straight away.
just having a lot of problems with motivation.
[/url]
brookeelizabeth

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:03 am

We'll keep you motivated! Just keep posting here regularly about your weight loss journey and we'll provide all the cheering, advice and kicking-of-butt that you ask for :wink: . Welcome to the forum and good luck with your weight loss, Brooke!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby brookeelizabeth » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:04 am

lol thanks heaps. thats just the thing i might need to keep on going lolz.
you've done awesome progress yourself
[/url]
brookeelizabeth

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:18 am

Thanks! I'm still a work in progress, but I'm getting there slowly. You know, our starting and goal weights are quite similar. At my heaviest I was probably around 85kg (I didn't weigh myself for years so I have no idea) and eventually I'm hoping to get down to 60kg. 68kg is just what it will take to get me into my healthy BMI range so it's more of an interim goal.

If you're looking to lose weight fast and you don't mind hard work you might want to have a look at Michelle Bridge's book 'Crunch Time'. She's one of the trainers from the Biggest Loser and she's put out a book with eating advice and an exercise plan to lose weight quickly.

There are two schools of thought when it comes to weight loss: slow and steady wins the race, and fast gets the results you want in the time you want. I've followed the former for most of my weight loss journey. Small changes here and there to lose weight over time, but not altering your lifestyle in any dramatic way so that it's easier to keep those changes as permanent. It's been working, but I think it requires a lot of determination because you have to be willing to stick to those small changes in the long haul. You also have to be willing to keep to it even when there's no change on the scales for months on end. It's taken me over three years to lose eight kilograms, so I can certainly attest to the 'slow' part of this method!

Michelle Bridges argues that quick weight loss keeps people more motivated, and so it's more likely to get you to your goal weight. I can certainly see merit in what she's saying, but you have to have the drive to dramatically change your eating habits and the dedication to do intense exercise almost every day for the time that it takes you to lose that weight.

Many people will argue that slow-and-steady will help you keep the weight off permanently, since you'll be used to all of the little changes you've made over time and it will be easier to keep them for the rest of your life. However, I think that maintenance is just as hard as losing the weight in the first place and it's important to realise that regardless of whether you lose the weight quickly or slowly. So if you lose the weight quickly and you're willing to work at your maintenance you should be just as successful in keeping the weight off as those who lose it slowly. The danger really comes when you become complacent and think all the hard work is done so you can go back to your old lifestyle, when it was that lifestyle that caused you to gain weight in the first place!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby court » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:17 pm

I think that maintenance is just as hard as losing the weight in the first place

ALI!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Here I was thinking it was going to be a walk in the park!! :lol: :lol:

Excellent advice here Brooke....use the forum it has definitely kept inspiring and motivating me!!

Another piece of advice is dont disregard what we call incidental exercise... Take the stairs, walk from a further station, walk to a friends house to have a chat instead of calling on the phone... every little bit counts! And drink loooottss of water!!!! xox
court

Postby brookeelizabeth » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:32 pm

awesome advice guys thanks heaps. im sure using the forum alot will keep me motivated.
[/url]
brookeelizabeth

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous