It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Emma's Weightloss

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Emma's Weightloss

Postby emmer138 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi guys,

So I've been looking at this site for the past 3 weeks but I haven't posted or commented on anything yet.. So I thought I'd start now!

I started dieting almost 2 weeks ago. I've always had problems with my weight. A few years ago, I found the will to lose 7kgs in a month (when I was 16) but I've struggled to lose weight since. Back then, I got down to 81kgs (not great, I know.. but I actually lost weight!) and 2 weeks ago, I weighed in at 90.4kgs. I'd gone between 84-88kgs for the past 2 years and 88 was always my limit, and I always thought 'I could NEVER be 90kgs.. if I can let myself be 90kgs, I'll never stop'.

I didn't actually know i was 90.4kgs, but i'd gone to the doctors because a friend had told me about duromine, and said it might benefit me.. So I get on the scales at the doctors and yeah.. 90.4kgs. I almost started bawling!

Anyway, I've been trying my best to exercise and eat well over the past 2 weeks. My weigh-in day is Wednesdays, which means I've actually found the will to only weigh myself once a week! I'm pretty sure this is the first time in my life that I've dieted and only weighed myself once a week! Last wednesday I weighed in at 86kgs which was amazing! I'm only expecting to lose around 1kg a week, which means i'll be down to around 70kgs by the time I go to my grandads 70th birthday party at the end of October.

I've found alot of inspiration from the ladies (and men) on this website that have had such successful weightloss experiences! Its really helped me out :D

I hope at least 1 person reads this and replies haha or even if you'd like to add me on MSN or email me! More than happy to talk to anyone whos going through the same thing I'm going through :D

Thanks!
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS
To reach 91.7kg by 23rd Dec (2kg loss / BMI 32.11)
To reach 87kg by 27th Jan (7kg loss / BMI 30.46)
To reach 81.7kg by 17th Feb (10kg loss for Soundwave 2014 / BMI 28.61)
To reach 78.7kg by 31st March (15kg loss for my birthday / BMI 27.56)
To reach 75kg by 19th May (18.7kg loss / BMI 26.26)
To reach 70kg by 4th August (23.7kg loss / BMI 24.51)

emmer138

Re: Emma's Weightloss

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:53 am

Good luck Emma, there are heaps of people here to help and support you.

You sound very determined so I am more than confident you'll make you goal :) .

Best of luck with it.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:17 am

Welcome to the forum, Emma. I'm glad you decided to start posting here. I hope the support you get helps you on your weight loss journey. Congratulations on your weight loss so far. You're doing really well! I'm sure you'll get to 70kg by October. Just keep at it! :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Czarina » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:36 am

Think of it more as a lifestlyle change, rather than a 'diet'. A 'diet' is restrictive and is a short term thing, which doesn't work because once we have lost the weight, we go back to eating 'normally', stop exercising and end up back where we were!

Check out http://www.calorieking.com.au, it is free, has great information on food, nutrtition and exercise and can tell you how much you need to eat to lose weight - which I guarantee is more than you think! I know it was a (pleasant) shock to me!

Good luck. :D
Czarina

Postby emmer138 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Hey,

Thanks heaps for your comments!

Czarina, I know.. diet is a bad word. I guess its habit for me to say it! It is about changing your lifestyle and what you put in your mouth. I'm slowly getting used to it.. it gets hard! Also, I've been on calorieking.com.au a few times.. I'd never counted calories before. I'd always gone by carbohydrates. Its really helpful though! I just look up a few things that I'd like to eat.. Like a certain icecream if I'm feeling naughty!

Anyways, tomorrow is my weigh-in. Pretty scared to be honest.. I've had a couple of slip ups. not huge ones.. but thats all it takes. I'm hoping for the best. I've been exercising and everything so it should be ok.. I think as long as I haven't put any weight on, I'll be happy haha I don't want to have to lose the same kgs I already lost!

Oh and on the way home from my 1 hour walk (I was half way) I broke my headphones :x Gah! I got really excited and forced myself to jog up hills instead of walking.. And yeah. I was so excited that I ripped the headphones from the connection! So I'll have to hunt for some new ones tomorrow.

Umm.. I think thats about all I have to say at the moment!

Thanks again for replying everyone! :D
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS

emmer138

Postby emmer138 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:33 pm

Hi,

So today was my weigh in day. By the way, I've decided to only update this post, rather than my other!

Anyways, I lost another 1.5kg for this week which brings me down to 84.5kg. I definitely wasn't expecting that.. Was actually hoping I hadn't put any on! But I'm more than happy with how I've gone so far.

I had a fight with a so called 'friend' today. I confided in him because I thought he would tell me the truth and not use things I've said against me. I told him some intimate details about my relationship and how I was feeling about them a few weeks ago, and we ended up having an arguement today simply because he thinks I'm just doing this as a 'fad diet'.. all because there are different fruit and vegetables I won't eat.. At first, I didn't care what he had to say but after a while it started to really hurt, especially when he called me a 'f*cking fat mole', and also stated 'no wonder guys don't like you'. I'm not too sure what that has to do with anything.. seeing as I'm engaged but whatever. What sucked most was that I was so happy today, because its rare for me to stick to something for more than 2 weeks and start to realise that this isn't just for my appearance.. This is for my health. This is for me :)

Anyways, I hope that paragraph doesn't sound stupid! I will keep updating through the week.

Thanks! :P
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS

emmer138

Postby Amethyst » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:38 am

That paragraph at all, this guy does. Seriously he should go jump off a cliff. You're doing it for health now so hopefully it helps make it easier to withstand. It's a pity he wasn't the frind you thought he was. It sucks when someone won't support y ou. Still you still have us. Good luck.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:03 pm

He doesn't sound like much of a 'friend' to be perfectly honest. I think Maya Angelou said it best, "If someone shows you who they are ... believe them." Anyone who calls you a "f*cking fat mole" is no friend. Not even by the longest stretch of the imagination. I'm sure you have other lovely people in your life who deserve your time far more than this noxious bloody creep. My heartfelt advice would be to sever all ties to him. It may seem like a b*tchy thing to do, but sometimes the only way we can move forward and have a positive life is to cut off the toxic people who are intent on causing us grief.

You're doing really well. Obviously this threatens him in some way. You deserve better than that.

*Hugs*
EvilWombatQueen

Postby emmer138 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:24 pm

Thanks for your support guys!

I made a pretty big mistake trusting him as a friend. I'm glad I see this now :) Funny thing is, he's still trying to talk to me :? But I'm not going to bother wasting my time, because the same thing will happen.. he'll make me feel horrible.

EvilWombatQueen wrote:Obviously this threatens him in some way.

Totally agree! The thing is, he used to be a champion kickboxer.. had a BMI of 20, super healthy and everything, very liked by the ladies.. And now hes overweight, single, smokes pot all the time, and is unemployed!.. And as soon as I started talking about exercising and dieting, he said 'Maybe I should start as well'.

I'm really glad that I've dealt with this so well. Usually something like this really rips me up, and I end up spending my days sleeping or laying in bed. But not this time! Maybe it is true.. Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger :D
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS

emmer138

Postby genesis49 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:39 pm

hello emma :D
Good on ya for trying Emma. Dont ever give up. I am very new to this forum and come across it by chance and finding it very intresting.
I like to say and dont want to discurage you but diets dont realy work. I have been through the lot of them from A-Z.
But then a year ago some one introduced me to" nutritional cleansing" and I have not looked back ever since. I lost 30 kg in the first month and have kept the weight of ever since.
it was very eazy and had no cravings.
if you want more info on this write to me and I can get the lady that introduced me to it to chat to you on how it help.
genesis49

Postby emmer138 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:46 pm

Hey,

I know 'diets' don't work. At first, I felt like I was on a diet.. But not anymore. I've definitely changed my eating habits. When I was on a 'diet', I'd feel restricted and left out when it came to food.. Sorta like 'if they're eating it, why can't I?' but I've overcome that now. If I feel like something sweet, I'll have something sweet.. But I've found a way to have something i want without binging or eating something really bad for me. I've been looking alot into healthier versions of what I'd normally eat, and its helping alot! Even my fiance's doing it now, and hes like 'OH MY GOD! I CAN'T BELIEVE SOMETHING HEALTHY TASTES SO GOOD!'

Thanks for your concern tho :)

I'm pretty excited about weigh-in on Wednesday.. Dunno why! But yeah. Curious I guess! Gosh, I'd love to see the number 83! Its been a while
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS

emmer138

Postby Miss Jo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:15 pm

Hey! I am sure you will hit the 83! :D Well done!
1st GW: 64kg
Final GW: 60kg

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:04 pm

emmer138 wrote:Sorta like 'if they're eating it, why can't I?'

Haha. You just summed up the excuse I used to avoid dieting for years! But then I noticed that my thin friends actually didn't eat that much at all. They might have the occasional treat, but it was only occasional. And their portions were a hell of a lot smaller than mine. But even if they could eat truckloads of junk-food and stay thin, I'm not them. I need to concentrate on being a first rate me, not a second rate copy of them. I know what I need to do to lose weight, and even if I feel it's unfair because I'd rather drink litres of wine and eat my own body weight in potato chips, well... that's simply how the world works!

As to whether diets work or not, Genesis, restricting what you eat or how much you eat of certain items is 'dieting' whether you personally call it that or not. In this way switching from mostly unhealthy foods to healthy foods is dieting even though people prefer to use the current trendy phrase 'change in lifestyle' instead. The problem I have with people claiming 'diets don't work' is they usually follow it up by claiming some new daft weight loss method is the bestest way to lose weight EVER. And guess what? It usually involves some form of restriction on what you eat, when you eat, or how much you eat of certain items... in other words: A DIET! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby emmer138 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:59 pm

i totally see where your coming from, EvilWombatQueen lol i was thinking about it today actually.. like, what happens when i lose all the weight? and get to my goal weight? if i keep doing what i'd been doing, won't i just keep losing weight? doesnt that mean i'm on a diet? i dunno! i guess it doesnt matter what word you use.. its a means to losing weight. and then when you lose the weight, you have to try maintain that weight.

lately, instead of eating 2 big packets of chips because i'm hungry or bored, i'll have a handfull of chips if i crave them.. and of course, after that handfull, i still feel crap, i'm still hungry, its never satisfying.. so then i think 'why bother? i still feel the same, except now i've eaten crap which means more fat to lose'

i think dieting is to LOSE weight, and to maintain your weightloss, you need to watch what you eat and how much you eat.

also (i'm not sure if this only applies with me?) but over the years, every diet i've gone to, it was 100% strict. my meals were planned, i couldn't slip up at all.. and i think thats why i felt so trapped and really restricted from eating other foods.. so after 2 weeks, i'd just give up because i wouldn't feel as though its worth it. i wanted to be happy and be able to eat the foods i like! not feel like i'm depriving myself! but this time around, i've had my share of bad things, including custard tard, billabong icecream, pasta, rice, bread.. but i dont have HEAPS of it. and not often. so i think thats helped me get much further than i usually would, because i know that i can have a bad day, but its just 1 day. as long as i eat better the next day, i feel much better about myself.. because i'm not sitting around all depressed because i'm craving so many things and get to the point where i'm like 'why bother?!', then go eat a whole tub of betty crocker pre made icing lol

i hope i'm not the only one who that applies to haha oh well.. if i'm the only one, then i'm special :P its all about the ups and downs.. i've finally figured out how to handle the downs!

by the way guys, i'm making a dress :) its a cute black with white polka dot dress, with purple satin in some of the back (because i didn't measure something right :? whoops! hehe) i really love 50's rockabilly swing dresses (except the wiggle dresses because i have an 'apple figure' so that wouldnt work out too well) so i'm hoping to make a few more over the next couple of weeks :)
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS

emmer138

Postby emmer138 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:15 pm

so i just weighed myself.. 83.9kg! i was a little bad the last couple of days.. i didn't exercise. actually.. i only exercised wednesday and thursday last week.. whoops.

i've now learnt my lesson! my aim is to get to 82.9kg next week!
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS

emmer138

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous