It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Just under 20kg to lose... maybe!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Just under 20kg to lose... maybe!

Postby shrinkme » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:12 pm

Hi my name is Mel. I have around 19kg to lose. That will see me at 80kgs, above my healthy weight range, but I have been either over 100kg or in the high nineties for so long, I am not sure how I will look at 80kg so that is the random number I chose. I have been doing cs for the last 11 weeks and have lost 8.3kg. I was motoring along for the first six weeks, then got some serious wobbles going, and have only lost about 2kg in the last 5 weeks. Time for a change me thinks!

Good luck to everyone out there. I am trying to work out what diet is right for me... if there is such a thing! - lol

I am hoping that joining a forum like this will help we stay on track and at least it keeps my hands busy! :D

Mel
shrinkme

Re: Just under 20kg to lose... maybe!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Good luck Mel! And welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading about your weight loss journey.

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby shrinkme » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:14 pm

OMG - just wrote a whole big story about the last couple of days and hit the wrong button. ARGH!!! Lets start again shall we.

I have stopped doing the cs program and have signed myself up on the Calorie King website. Loving the simplicity of typing in the food I am going to eat and having the computer do all the calculations for me - AWESOME! I like not having to think about things like that. I am surprised :shock: by the amount of food I am able to have, and am totally loving having my soy-lin toast for breakfast - YAY! Had a delicious spicy bean and lentil soup (another cs no-no) for lunch and feel lovely and satisfied. Gotta love the no-think diet... oops, sorry - lifestyle change!

I am still really motivated with my exercise, which has helped me from putting on after my binges whilst pretending I was on cs. I was Jeckyl and Hyde, devout cs follow during the day, but under the cover of darkness consuming too much food for dinner followed by whatever other goodies I could lay my hands on. Luckily I was still exercising, which I think has helped a lot. I am half way through my 30 day fitness challenge (Wii Active personal trainer) and have actually changed my workouts from moderate intensity to hard. OMG - the jump squats nearly killed me yesterday - I may need to buy a defibrilator just in case! :D

I ate well yesterday, I was not hungry at all. Then IT happened! I was lying in bed reading my romance novels (ANOTHER of my guilty little secrets! lol) when I decided that a few Maltesers would be great... Anyhoo, one fundraiser sized box later... :oops: I did decide not to beat myself up about it though, as usually this just leads to more bingeing. I look like a pac-man racing around the house, shoving everything I can find in my mouth... not my husband though (thats another story - lol!) Who knows, maybe 100,000 jump squats will burn those buggers off! The upside is there are only two fundraiser boxes left in the house. I know I should do the right thing and dispose of them thoughtfully... only time will tell.

So there you go...

Mel (wow, blogging really is good for the soul!)
shrinkme

Postby lemmish » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:24 pm

I've really gotta get myself a Wii! Everyone I've spoken to on here swears by them.
Don't stress too badly about the choccies. You'll burn 'em off in no time with you motivation for exercise.
lemmish

Postby shrinkme » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:10 pm

lemmish - do yourself a favour and get one! (and I don't even get paid to say that - lol!) The program that I am doing at the moment - Active personal trainer is awesome. You have the nunchuk strapped to your leg and the remote in one hand, or both remote and nunchuch in your hands. The program is able to tell how deep your squats are, how hard you are punching the bag etc. And if she doesn't think your putting in enough effort she will tell you! I did a workout this evening... WOW :shock: It was huge! It estimates based on your weight and output how many calories you have burned, I did 286 cal in 35 minutes. I was as red as a tomato and my kids (5 and 2) were like "wow mum you're really sweaty!" I also think it is great as it recommends that your fitness routine is 2 days on and 1 rest day to give your muscles time to recover. You can set mini goals and you get "trophies" as you complete challenges like running a certain number of laps, or doing x number of squats. It also has a journal where you can enter how many glasses of water you've had, number of serves of vege, how many take away meals you had in a day. It keeps you accountable too!

Anyhoo... listen to me ramble! It is good though! :D

Mel
shrinkme

Postby shrinkme » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:52 am

Well... What can I say? The gremlins won out again last night. For those of you who are interested or keeping count, we only have 1 box of fundraiser sized maltesers in our house now - I have ZERO self control :roll: . I know I should just give them away but there is something in my psyche that forbids me from doing so (talk about self sabotage). I guess I think that if I eat good 75% of the time it is better than eating poorly 100% of the time. I wonder if I'm in denial? - if so I like the scenery! :)

The rest of the day was great, good food choices, good exercise - side to side jumps that left my legs weak (hopefully it will help no matter how hard evil Mel :twisted: tries to stop me! lol) My only consolation is that the exercise I am doing will help my metabolism and at least negate some of bad food choices I make!

I am hoping that by indulging myself (unfortunately at this time to the point of excess) when I feel like (within reason... eventually :oops: ) my brain will realise that I am not going to deny myself like I was previously and then - hey presto - I won't need to binge like that... Here's hoping :wink:

Hmmmmmmm I don't like this dance - two steps forward, one step back...

Mel
shrinkme

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:43 am

See how you go with your weigh-in and/or measurements. If you're still losing weight then there's no harm in having a treat now and then. If, however, it stalls your weight loss you may have to reconsider it.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get there. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sarahm » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:26 pm

hi there! been reading your thread. this journey we are on is SO hard in so many ways-but really worth it. i am struggling with staying focused myself. anyway you are doing really well and learning lots like us all. its all about getting to know ourselves really. look foeward to following your progress-best of luck! ttfn-sarahm. x
sarahm

Postby shrinkme » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:22 pm

Have been quiet for the last couple of days - I have been quite busy. I haven't even had time to get on the computer at work - lol! :mrgreen: I have been plodding along exercising regularly and trying to get the hang of this eating thing. I push myself when I am exercising and often finish and think - now that I know how hard it is to burn the calories, why do I not hesitate to keep stuffing them in my body?? Maybe I am a slow learner?! :?

Anyhoo... weighed in Monday and lost 200g. Not exactly earth shattering, but considering that I have gone from a carb restrictive diet to something that allows them I am reasonably happy that I didn't put on any. AND the last box of fundraiser sized Malteser's has been eaten (and not by me :shock: WOW!!). That is not to say that I am by any means out of the woods, but I am reasonably sure it will help!

Sending out some cosmic love to all who are on the weight loss journey (it doesn't hurt to be on karma's good side too :D )

Mel x
shrinkme

Postby sarahm » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:53 pm

hi mel. ANY loss is ALWAYS a good loss! well done.
sarahm

Postby shrinkme » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Well, another weigh in down. I have lost 1.3kg this week. YAY! (can't quite work out why though... but am not going to look a gift loss in the mouth :D ). Just a little shy of 10kg loss now.

Hope all are well... feeling a bit lazy this post. Don't have much to say - TAKE CARE!

Mel
shrinkme

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:26 pm

That's great. Congratulations, Mel! You're doing really well. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby shrinkme » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:53 pm

Another weigh in down and another loss - 600g. I am pretty pleased with that as I have hurt my ankle and have not been doing any exercise. Am thinking about doing some arm and upper body stuff but by the end of the day my ankle has swollen and I try not to put too much weight on it... my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :oops:

I also had a reasonably large amount of alcohol over the weeked. And next weekend is not going to be any better as I am bridesmaid in my sister in law's wedding. I am pretty stoked though, my mother in law is taking my dress in for me. I bought it a few month's ago before I started losing weight and she will have to take it in by several inches on each side - YAY!! :D

Hope all are well...

Mel
shrinkme

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Haha. Your MIL must hate that you chose to start losing weight a few weeks before the wedding! It's a good thing she can take the dress in for you. I hope you have a brilliant time.

Sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope it's all better by next weekend. Congratulations on the 600g loss. That's a great result!
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous