It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:54 am

Free Newsletter

Time to knuckle down again...

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Time to knuckle down again...

Postby hysterical_oliver » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:38 am

SO...I was doing so well and then it all went to the crapper... but now I have decided I need to pick myself up, dust myself off and get back into it!

Since I was here last I have found 14kg that I lost up until 15 months ago, hey, it could have been much worse I guess!!!

I also moved to Japan and let me tell you first hand, there is nothing worse than being a +100kg female foreigner in a country full of women who weigh 50kg and are obsessed with losing weight. The average weight of a slim 20yo here must be around 45kg. It' s a different world, how did I forget so quickly!!!

Anyway, today is the day I decided I should do something about it. I have been brainwashed into trying "Core Rhythm" workout DVDs and after using the quick workout (20mins) twice tonight (because I am too cheap to buy more than one straight up in case I don't like it!) I found it quite fun and energising. I remember what it's like to move my body!

I look forward to sharing my journey with you guys again! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

WEIGH IN ON SUNDAYS!!
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Re: Time to knuckle down again...

Postby Shalimar » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:59 am

Good luck with it, I look forward to reading and sharing your progress :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:58 am

Welcome back, Hysterical Oliver! Sorry to hear you regained some weight. I'm sure you'll lose it again in no time. That exercise DVD you're using sounds great. Do you find the food in Japan helps you lose weight? It's all very healthy, but I think I'd be eating my own body weight in sushi every day it's so yummy. :lol:

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby yoyogirl88 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Welcome back and good luck
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby hysterical_oliver » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:34 am

Thanks for the welcome back :D

Suprisingly EWQ, Japanese people are obsessed with weight and health yet most of their TV shows feature food and taste testing all sorts of things and just about every town has some sort of famous food. Sweet foods are very popular and fried foods (like tempura) are eaten by most people once a day.

Also it is difficult to judge what calories you are eating because only about half of the packaged food are labelled with nutritional content and even if it is labelled it might not tell you how much is in the pack or how many servings etc...

I think there is a bit more to it than the traditional belief that it is a healthy diet, I think it is more to do with the combinations of food that keep Japanese people so slim... I don't know but I sure wish I could find the trick to it!!!
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby curvygirl » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:04 am

Hi, I am in the exact same place as you. I have gain 12 kilos since I was last here. I will be watching your progress and hopefully we will both start going down instead of up. Good Luck
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby hysterical_oliver » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:45 am

Nice to have you with me CurvyGirl. Good luck!!! :D :D
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby hysterical_oliver » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:30 pm

First weigh in this morning

Last week 103kg
This week 102kg
1kg loss

Not the best I've ever had but anytime it's not going up is a bonus to me :D

I got the full 40min version of Core Rhythms and have done it the past 5 days and I have to say it's probably the first time I don't dread doing exercise. It's not the easiest thing in the world to master but I already feel myself getting better at the moves and it's easy to adjust them to suit my ability (we aren't ALL professional latin dancers now are we..), I even managed to get on my dodgy new exer bike to burn a few more calories. I used to be able to do at least half an hour on the bike without being bored but I just can't be bothered nowdays.

Anyway, that's me for today,hope you all have good results this week!!!
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:00 pm

A kilo loss is a great result, Hysterical Oliver. Good on you!

(I was going to abbreviate your name to its initials but then I realised it spelled 'HO' so I changed my mind! :lol: )
EvilWombatQueen

Postby hysterical_oliver » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:09 pm

So I finally found internet access again...stupid broken net...

Last Sundays weigh in was no loss as far as I could tell, I dont have digital scales at the moment but there was no gain either so thats a bonus.

This week is shaping up to be much better, I seem to have found new motivation and am totally loving the core rhythms dvds although my body doesnt like me at the moment. I have succumbed to my first case of heat rash!!! I feel so gross but I am assured it is a common thing in such humid conditions. I have been told to avoid sweating!!!!! Tell me how a 100kg person can avoid sweating in summer when they have to ride a bicycle everywhere and then climb three flights of stairs to get in their own front door!!! The only good thing is I now have an excuse to have the air conditioner blaring even if the electricity bill is going to be enormous...

Has anyone ever tried Shabu~shabu?? Its a meal you cook yourself at a restaurant, they give you the trays of meat and veg and the boiling broths and you wave the meat around in the broths and then scoff it down! I swear its the best meal and really fun too. I felt bad though because I destroyed the broth by putting too many veg bits in there and they all caught on the bottom of the pan and started to burn...oops! This place was all you can eat meat trays and salad bar and dessert!!!! I even managed to limit myself to one scoop of choc chip ice cream oh my god it was pure heaven!!!

ANYWAY.... heres to fruit and veg and salads and to cutting back on delicious rices and pastries... I want to be at my goal within the year!!! NO MORE!
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:44 pm

That sounds like the yummiest style of meal ever!

Sorry to hear you've got heat rash. I hope the air-conditioning helps cure it! If it's really hot and humid there you are probably retaining fluid, so that would explain why you didn't lose weight last week. Drinking lots of water may help some, but you may have to wait until the weather cools down to see any dramatic effects.
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous