It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:19 am

Free Newsletter

40kg To A new Life! Help me!!!!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

40kg To A new Life! Help me!!!!

Postby Mandy87 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi Guys,

I have recently decided to get serious about weight loss! I have tried many times and failed in the past as I have a habit of being motivated for a week or 2 and then slip back into the same old routine. So I have joined the gym! Not only that I am spending the money on a personal trainer for one session a week, I have also join the next 12 week challenge that starts at my Gym on 22 August.

I am really motivated to lose it this time, I am so sick of being fat but I know this is going to be a long hard road. My brother is getting married next year and I want to be fit, healthy and beautiful for it! My goal is to lose 40kg overall.

So if anyone has any tips let me know, its nice to know there are people out there going through the same struggles as me! Today I am starting to detox off of sugar (chocolate) and soft drink. Does anyone have any good ways to get past the cravings or maybe healthy alturnatives to get me through? I always get bad headaches when I stop drinking diet coke!

Anyway hopefully I wont fail this time!

Mandy
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wda2uex/]
Mandy87

Re: 40kg To A new Life! Help me!!!!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:49 pm

To combat the chocolate cravings you could try some low-fat low-cal hot chocolate sachets mixed with low-fat milk. I find dark chocolate can help too - it's far too rich to eat an entire block of, and if you get headaches as a result of caffeine withdrawal these could help. Dark chocolate is full of caffeine. Of course, if you want to get used to not having cola or chocolate then cold turkey is probably the best bet. I find the longer I go without something the less I crave it over time.

Good luck! I look forward to reading about your progress!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Mandy87 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:38 pm

Thanks for the advice! Every bit helps :)
Mandy87

Postby Mandy87 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:13 pm

Well I am trying in every way to start a new life for myself. New job started this week, its stressful atm but will be good when I get settled in.

12 week challenge starts at my gym next saturday and I am having 2nd thoughts as it gets closer. I dont mind going to the gym to do my own thing but going into group classes and stuff I am worried about being the fat girl. I am worried I wont be able to keep up with everyone else. And I guess deep down I just dont like myself and am very concious of my size when around others.

I am so sick of being fat but I know there is no quick fix and it sux. Why did I let myself get this way? :(
Mandy87

Postby Shalimar » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:12 am

I know how you feel about the gym Mandy, believe me. I have never joined one although when I first started losing weight I promised myself that when I lost the next 10 kilos I would but then I would lose the weight and say to myself not yet, I'll do it after the next 10 kilos. I now have 5 or so kilos to go and I still havent joined up for fear of being the fat, unfit one. I have got this far off my own back I figure I can do the rest on my own.

I guess what I am trying to say is weight loss-even big amounts (I had a lot more than you to lose) can be acheived without gyms and what not, my main exercise has been daily walking.

You are a braver women than I for joining up and I'm sure youll go great, perserverence and determination is what it takes.

Best of luck with it, Sue :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Mogget » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:53 pm

Hi Mandy, I think you will love having a personal trainer! I started going to one only two months ago and it is now my favorite part of my life!! Can't say it has made me lose weight but I have completely transformed my body! We are at about the same weight now and have the same goal weight by the look of it too, so I would be happy to buddy up with you if you are interested.

I have been doing Paul McKenna's I Can Make you Thin program since November last year and have dropped 5 whole dress sizes (from a 26 to a 16), and about 30kg, not to mention gaining loads of confidence, fitness, strength and becoming a far happier person. It also got rid of my life long disordered eating patterns... I'm a very happy camper now!
I never thought I would witness the destruction of a Universe whilst carrying a naked merchant banker...

Mogget

Postby Mandy87 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:06 pm

Thanks Sue, it is hard being the fatty at the gym but in saying that I go to a rpetty relaxed gym and there are other people there my size! Its just hard not to be insecure! Mogget you have done so well! I cant wait to lose 30kg and only have 10 to go. Can I ask what the Paul McKenna's I Can Make you Thin program is? I have never heard of this? Is it a book? You have done so well on it and maybe I could too?
Mandy87

Postby Mogget » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:11 pm

Hey Mandy - I Can Make You Thin is basically 4 simple rules for eating supported by NLP and hypnosis to help you change your eating habits and resolve the underlying issues that cause you to over eat/emotionally eat etc. If you go the mckenna.com you will be greeted by one of the worlds cheesiest sales oriented sites! However you can also read the 4 rules for free.... I read them and it made SO MUCH SENSE... So I started introducing one rule at a time over four weeks and have never looked back.

The "membership" sold on the website gets you access to the very slow forums, a online journal with helpful tips and inspiring quotes, and you get sent 4 cd's with supportive hypnosis NLP trance tracks and a 90 success journal same as the online one. It was about $60 which I thought was worth while. The tracks REALLY help - not just that they help you stick to the rules - for me this program eliminated a lifetime of eating disorders and completely changed my self esteem and confidence. I am the happiest and mentally healthiest I have ever been in my whole life, and probably closest to as physically healthy as I have ever been too!
I never thought I would witness the destruction of a Universe whilst carrying a naked merchant banker...

Mogget

Postby Mandy87 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:39 am

Thanks Mogget I will have a look into it :)
12 week challenge started at the gym yesterday so I had to go in for a weigh in, measurements and photo! Wasn't fun! Next weigh in is 4 weeks. I have decided to not hop on the scales at home in between the 4 weeks so it will hopefully be a nice suprise in 4 weeks (also dont want to feel down if I dont lose much one week or get over obsessed with them and weigh myself everyday!)

Off to the gym now :)
Mandy87

Postby Mareesha » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:20 am

This may sound like an unpleasant suggestion, but since you're getting caffiene withdrawl, I found that everytime I've quit caffiene, the headaches have lasted around 3 days to 1 week.

If you're serious, drink lots of water, get all of the temptations out of your home, and just do it. It'll be 1 week of misery (And NO, do NOT take headache medicines to counter the withdraw, seeing as most of them contain caffiene)

I suffered through it, and found that I was able to get a hold of the addiction within a week. And now I feel a LOT better for it. As well, I lost a lot of weight just by cutting out the sugary products / caffiene.

Good luck!
Last edited by Shalimar on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed.
Mareesha

Postby Mandy87 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:31 am

Hi everyone,
Well yesterday was week one my first weigh in of my 12 week challenge at my gym. Starting weight was officially 102.8 last saturday and yesterday one week on I weighed in at 99.6 so 3.2kg loss for my first week which is great. Loving the fact that I am back under the 100kg again.

Hope next week I can continue to get those numbers down!
Mandy87

Postby Shalimar » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:50 pm

Well done Mandy, that is fabulous :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby tinkerbell » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:54 pm

That is really great Mandy! I know what you mean about the gym. I have been trying to go back and sign up again but I keep being a chicken and not going as I'm afraid I'll be totally out of place.I'm really glad its working for you and I may just go and sign up this week.
tinkerbell

Postby Mandy87 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Well this week has been a pretty bad one for me! Just generally feeling really down about my weight and I dont know.....just one of those weeks. Work was totally crazy so I didnt exercise much but thankfully I kept up the healthy eating.

So today was weigh in #2 of my 12 week challenge and I weighed in at 98.2kg, so I still had a 1.4kg loss even without a lot of exercise.

I have a mini goal of 95kg for my offical weigh-in at the gym which is week 4 of the 12 week challenge. So 2 weeks to go to drop 3.2kg, I think if I work a lot harder in exercise I might be able to get there. Anyway.....only time will tell.

Hopefully this week will be a bit more positive and focused like week one.

Mandy
Mandy87

Postby Mandy87 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:11 pm

Well 4 weeks down of my 12 week challenge.

Total loss for the 4 weeks was 5.6kg. I was hopeing for a little mroe but didnt quiet get there.

So going into the next 4 weeks I am going to set myself a huge challenge of 2kg a week. A bit unreasonable! But I want to set my goals high! Only time will tell :)
Mandy87

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous