It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:35 am

Free Newsletter

Stretch Marks

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Stretch Marks

Postby newt » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:06 pm

The unfortunate side effect of weight gain !! (for many but not for all)

I'm interested in other peoples experiences.

How do you deal with it? (I don't show middle of tummy lol, wear tankinis and not low hipster pants)

Did you notice a reduction/harder to see as you lost weight? (for me not really, just went lighter in colour)

Tips for preventing more? (I moisturise whole body ... don't know if that really works)

Cheers all 8)
SW: 97 kg
CW: 79 kg
1st goal: 76 kg

Re: Stretch Marks

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:13 pm

Stretch marks can fade a bit over time, and I've found fake tan can help to hide them. But yeah, I don't show my thighs much so nobody really sees them!

If you're worried about your stretch marks the best idea would be to talk to a dermatologist. They can prescribe stronger creams than you'd find in a chemist's shop. And they'll be able to tell you what sort of oils and creams will help prevent further damage.

Postby chubbychecker » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:53 pm

I gained a fair bit of weight when i was 17 (almost 10 years ago now). I got stretch marks on my lower stomach, luckily being a guy I eventually grew a snail trail to partially obscure them.

I suppose that becoming hairier wouldn't be the ideal way for a woman to deal with stretch marks! But they also faded a lot over time (and reasonably quickly too). I remember when i first got them it looked like I had road rash on my stomach (pink raised lines) now the lines are smaller and much more similar to the colour of the rest of my skin.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Postby fi_112 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:15 pm

One of my friends told me that a friend of hers, when she got pregnant, applied baby oil three times a day throughout her whole pregnancy and came out with not one stretch mark! I'll certainly be doing that when I have babies. Not sure if it works the opposite way - losing weight - but I know there's a few other creams for stretch marks as well, the brand that does Cocoa Butter I think does a cream for it.

I was lucky not to get stretch marks, only faint ones on my hips but fake tan covers them.
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are

Postby court » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:14 am

palmers :) they do the cocoa butter!
I use bio oil - seems to work, but Ali is right, fake tan helps!!

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous