It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:14 am

Free Newsletter

needing lots of encouragement 130kgs and need to shrink

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

needing lots of encouragement 130kgs and need to shrink

Postby largemummy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:23 pm

hi all i am 26 years old 175 cm tall and 130kgs. i have always been big and lowest i have gotten is 108kgs then low and behold fell pregnant now my baby is 13 monthsold i am 130kgs and need to loose it! i need encouragement and someone to be there to help keep check on my progress every now and then... i have low self esteem and need support anyone please i will be there for you if you are there for me!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3Da9dE/]
[/url]
largemummy

Re: needing lots of encouragement 130kgs and need to shrink

Postby brookeelizabeth » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:37 am

hey largemummy you came to the right place. would love to watch your progress
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJlAHCX/]
[/url]
brookeelizabeth

Postby miss_viva » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:01 am

Welcome to the forum Largemummy :)

I look forward to hearing about your progress! If you need anything, just pop in and leave me a note.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby sarahm » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:33 pm

hi largemummy..a warm welcome to the forums. would also like to offer my support and encouragement to you. look forward to keeping in touch-yell if you need anything,lots of friendly people on here! :)
sarahm

Postby Samantha Jean » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:56 pm

Hey. Welcome. I am 27 and just had my 3rd, she is almost 8 months... my first girl. Did you have a boy or a girl?

You have made a great step in joining up here and I wish you all the best with your weight loss goals. If you ever want to talk, feel free to send me a PM. I will try to check in on you when I can. Everyone here is very supportive, I'm sure you will be happy you joined.
Samantha Jean

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi largemummy and welcome :) , best of luck and if you need anything yell out.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi largemummy. This is a great forum so you've made a good decision joining up. If you look around there is lots of information and ideas that may be of benefit as well as many supportive people. I will check in on you. Good luck

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby largemummy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:20 pm

well its been nearly a week, since i first posted, thanks everyone for your encouragement!
in this last week i have managed to fully wean my daughter Charlotte o nto cows milk and did my last express on thursday night. i have expressed breast milk for her for 13 months straight and finally enough was enough. i know i have done alot more than alot of women would but i was determined to give my daughter breast milk only and since she would not breast feed i did the next best thing i could, i feel a bit weird though not expressing, it became such a large part of my life making sure i was somewhere near a power point so i could express every 3 to 4 hours. but i know that with my hectic schedule i wasnt eating properly my body was in starvation mode and storing everything i consumed to produce enough milk for my baby girl, therefor i have been unable to shift a kilo let alone 40kgs but now i need to get my life on track, i have been having breakfast with my daughter and have decided i need to eat and then worry about charlotte, otherwise i spend all my time trying to force her to eat and end up leavig my food on the table o sort her out . it has worked so far this week she has tried eating her own food while i eat mine. now i just need to get to the gym more than once a week and try to get more active in the day... weight tonight is currently 127.1kgs... lets see if i can keep this up!
[/url]
largemummy

Postby Shalimar » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:27 pm

Great loss there largemummy, well done :) .

Shalimar

Postby largemummy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:03 pm

thanks shalimar, i just hope and pray that i can get my weight under control before my daughter realizes how big i am! i have been reading about your weight loss and it is phenomenal! i will be happy to get half of what you have done! you are an inspiration that i can shrink, i am not destined to be this way! thankyou for your support! :D
[/url]
largemummy

Postby Shalimar » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:44 am

No worries, I hope my postings may help you on your way and help you realise you are not alone in this.

Best of luck :) .

Shalimar

Postby Fireball » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi largemummy. Good to see you are making changes to get things on track. So often Mums put themself on hold to raise their children but as you've recognised,in the long run you need to have some sort of balance or you will burn out. Going to the gym is good but as you make changes, if you can't do it all don't get upset with yourself. Just change a bit at a time until you achieve what you are aiming for. Keep in mind something a simple as a walk in the park can be fun for bubs and adds to your total energy expended. Keep up the good work.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby largemummy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:51 pm

thanks fireball for your encouragement, i try not to beat myself up about not making it to the gym more than once a week, i actually am at the gym 3 times a week if i do go once a week for a work out, as i work as a fitness instructor and do 2 afternoon shifts a week, so i work out to an extent but not as hard as i would if i was there for just a work out for myself. I work in a contours so i am usually doing cardio when i am at work i just want to try and aim for some more time to get on the weights and build up my strength training. Along with trying to get myself fitter and loose some weight i have just enrolled to study certificate 3 in fitness, so i am busy busy busy, and my main problem is i forget to eat so therefore end up in ¨starvation mode" and cant shift any weight. i tell women everyday to eat and dont follow my own advice! i am a shocker.
Thanks so much again for the encouragement, i tend to worry about everyone else and always put myself last thats why i am here to try and put me first! :D
[/url]
largemummy

Postby sarahm » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:19 am

hi LM. how are you? well i can relate to the 'starvation mode' as i find it hard to balance all the calories etc...you sound very busy with work and study and babies! do hope you can create some space for yourself! as a mum of 2 i know what a struggle that can be. hey-we can pick your brain about 'contours'! what's it like..i need to go somewhere! sending you warm wishes. :)
sarahm

Postby largemummy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:34 pm

hi sarahm,
yeah i try to find space for time for me, its getting easier now bub is older but still a struggle somedays!
Contours is great, over the last 6 years i have been a member of different gyms that have males and females and never fitted in, I was a member of curves at 2 different studios and then moved onto contours after i had bub and found that Contours was best for me overall, it combined things i liked from female only curves with things from the gyms with men and i found it is the perfect balance. and im not saying this cause i work there :) if i wasnt working there i would still be saying the same thing.
from my experiences of everyday gyms i found for me that it was overwhelming, big machines, muscle bound blokes skinny women and was very intimidating for me, i had a 1on1 session then was left on my own with a folder telling me what to do, i ended up loosing motivation as no one checked up on me and some machines being ill experienced ilooking back i could have damaged myself un supervised!.
curves i liked at the start 1st studio was good, i started to see results and at first they were friendly then i became a number, hardly acknowledged so i quit i hated being ignored.
second curves studio got some good results, platued and due to the types of machines they have couldnt push myself to the level my body needed, went on the curves diet and gained 5kg in 2 weeks, was told that i cheated by staff and that i was lying, wasa bad experience so i decided to leave complained to head offices and was told that i must be mistakn staff would not treat me like that etc and i shouldnt have gained weight if i followed it strictly. Believe me i followed it to the gram weighing food, exercising etc i was obsessed but didnt work for me.
Contours on the other hand being all female and a 29 min circuit is wonderful, they are the things that draw me in, there has always been an instructor motivating women on the circuit to keep heart rates up. the weight machines are pin weighted so you actually lift weights (instead of working off resistance machines like curves) and you are never told to lift anything more than what you can handle, however if you start finding it easy with the instructors advice you can up the weights to help increase muscle tone. even though i am still fat and heavy, i have alot more strength than i ever have had!
ok i have rambled on enough i think, but if you have any questions about contours please ask!
[/url]
largemummy

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous