It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:37 am

Free Newsletter

27kg of baby weight to lose

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

27kg of baby weight to lose

Postby skinny on the inside » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new & curvaceous but not in a good way. I put on 30kg when I got pregnant with my son who is 17 months old and I STILL need to lose 27 of those 30kg. Pretty pathetic huh :oops: . I am so miserable being fat & uncomfortable yet have enormous trouble getting motivated to do something about it. It just feels so daunting having so much to lose..for me anyway. I've had issues with my weight all my life & I'm so over it.

When I got pregnant I was at my ideal weight. I swore to myself that I was not going to put on any more than 15kg & I was going to keep exercising & eat healthy food. I didn't stick to this philosophy for some stupid reason & hit the 15kg gain at 6 months pregnant. I stopped weighing myself at that point which was a mistake because I just ate whatever I wanted from then on thinking "I'll worry about it after bubs is born". I knew that being a first time Mum would be hard but nothing prepared me for the changes to my life. My weight took a back seat for a long time & even when I got to the stage of feeling like I could try to do something about it my efforts were quite feeble.

I'm hoping to find motivation joining this forum. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's stories. :)
New starting weight: 94.1 kg
First goal: to get under 90 kg's
Next goal: 85 kg by end of Feb
Short term goal: 70 kg by end of Jun
Long term goal: 60 kg by X-Mas

skinny on the inside

Re: 27kg of baby weight to lose

Postby sarahm » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:02 pm

hi there! welcome to 'curvy an corageous'..i've been here since march! your story sounds familiar, many of us girls gain 30+ kilos in pregnancy, its really hard to be careful when you're ravenous all the time! and yes ,motherhood is something you could NEVER EVER imagine till your in the thick of it! mine are 10yrs and 7 yrs and well lets say its a lifetime journey! i found for myself that breaking your weightloss down into 5-10 kg goals helps heaps-seems less overwhelming. you will need to make yourself a priority( very hard , i know!) to be kind to yourself. anyway-sending kind and supportive thoughts/vibes your way, you have taken the first step by deciding to do something just for YOU! best luck. :)
sarahm

Postby largemummy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:31 pm

Just wanted to welcome you to Curvaceous and courageous, all the girls and guys are lovely in here and we will always be around for you!!! :D :D There are some truely amazing stories to read and they are very inspirational, i think you are in the right place now!!!!!! :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3Da9dE/]
[/url]
largemummy

Postby skinny on the inside » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:10 pm

:cry: :cry: . I put on 1.1kg last week!!! Not surprised really because I haven't been trying to lose weight to be honest. I will be putting in a super effort from now on though. The time for action is here. I need to stop talking & thinking about losing weight and actually start doing it. Hopefully I will have good news to report next week. I'm going to add my details to the weigh in section in case anyone is interested in how I'm going (or not going!!!)

skinny on the inside

Postby Mandy87 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:50 am

Hi there,

You will get there! 30kg may seem like a lot but when you break it down it doesn't seem so bad. When I started I needed to lose 40kg. Now I've lost about 12kg I only have like 28kg to go. 28kg sounds like a lot less than 40kg!!!! Once you drop the first 10kg and realise you can actually do it, it will help motivate you the rest of the way :)

Good Luck with everything!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wda2uex/]
Mandy87

Postby skinny on the inside » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:32 pm

I'm soooo scared to weigh in tomorrow as I have done no exercise this week and have had a few bad things to eat. I have a BBQ to go to tomorrow but will try & eat healthy. I have also hired a cross trainer and will be using it as much as I can. I've just booked my son in for swimming lessons starting on the 25th of Jan so I'll be shopping for bathers at some stage. NOT looking forward to that!!! I think I'll be wearing boardies & a tank top over the top of them so as not to scare everyone away :lol:. I'm going to start tracking my food intake on Calorie King again as of tomorrow too.

skinny on the inside

Postby skinny on the inside » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:05 pm

Only 100g up, could have been worse. I didn't end up going to the BBQ but ended up having pizza for tea because I was feeling really down today & just didn't care what I ate...so stupid. Will be doing lots of exercise tomorrow though. I'm sure that will make me feel better.

skinny on the inside

Postby skinny on the inside » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Scared to weigh in again tomorrow. Have not had the best of weeks. Have done some walking & have ate reasonably healthy but could have done better. My mind is not really focussed on weight loss at the moment as hubby & I are having issues. I have hopped on the cross trainer a couple of times and much to my dismay I can only do about 2 minutes before I start getting puffed out & sore in my legs!!! At my ideal weight I used to be able to jog non stop for 25 minutes. Those days seem so long ago :cry: . I went X-Mas shopping the other day & every time I caught sight of my backside in the reflection of shop windows I felt so disgusted with myself. I know I shouldn't look but I can't help it!!! My rear end seemed to have a life of it's own as I was walking along...oh dear!!! I'm going out for lunch tomorrow & Monday & hopefully I can resist the urge to eat to much of the wrong food.

skinny on the inside

Postby largemummy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:31 pm

hey just a quick note as im in a rush but keep up with the 2mins on the crosstriner each day, then next week try 3 minutes... this is what i did with my stepper and eventually i could do 30 mins straight!!!! come to think of it i should start that again... i havent done it in 12 months its been packed away with moving i will write again later!!! chin up hunny!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3Da9dE/]
[/url]
largemummy

Postby skinny on the inside » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Thanks largemummy :) . I know I shouldn't be too depressed over my lack of fitness. I'm carrying an extra 30kg for crying out loud so I shouldn't have expected much but it was a bit of a shock to the system as to how unfit I actually am. You don't tend to think of it as extra weight rather than how fat you look. I guess every little bit counts at the moment & once I get a bit of fitness up & start dropping some kilos I will be able to do more. Watch this space!! :D

By the way I hope you are also doing well. :)

skinny on the inside

Postby skinny on the inside » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:56 pm

Well, I was right to be scared of weigh in...up 300g this week. Could have been worse I suppose. I really need to make a list of the things that trigger me to go off track. I know one of them is alcohol :oops: . I have alot of stress in my life at the moment & I'm using alcohol as a bit of a comfort....not good. Once I've had a couple of drinks then I end up eating unhealthy food even if I'm not hungry. Why do I do that? I've just got into really bad habits I guess. Hubby, bubby & I went to McDonalds this morning for breakfast as there was nothing much in the house. I can't even remember the last time I was actually in McDonalds. Been through the drive though alot though!!!! I was very proud of myself as I just had a piece of raisin toast & a coffee. I'm also going out for a late lunch today but will have some sort of salad & will go for a long walk when I get home.

skinny on the inside

Postby skinny on the inside » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:27 pm

I've had a bit of a realisation this morning in regard to my eating habits. I got up & had my usual morning coffee (I only have 1 per day). I then went for a 45 minute walk with bubby followed by 2 whole minutes on the x trainer :oops: . Had a shower & by the time I was dressed it was around 11am. I hadn't had breakfast. Without realising what I was doing I have been skipping breakfast pretty much everyday because subconsciously I've been thinking "you're supposed to be trying to lose weight, don't eat anything". Even if I have something healthy to eat I've been telling myself that I've "been bad" & as I've now ruined the day I then just eat whatever takes my fancy thinking "I'll start again tomorrow". How stupid is that!!? Tomorrow never comes!!! This morning after realising how silly I've been I made myself a whole grain sandwich with a little bit of low fat margarine, a slice of low fat cheese, pastrami, lettuce & mustard & I thoroughly enjoyed it :) . I also shared an apple with bub. I guess I need to stop obsessing about food & just eat & not think about it so much if that makes sense. I'm not a stupid person, I know what I need to do to lose this weight and start being healthy & happy again but why do I sabotage myself all the time? It's crazy how we all do this!!! There are a million diet books on the market & I will admit that I've bought a few different ones over the years but when you think about it it's quite simple really. Eat vegies, fruit, salad, low fat dairy, lean meat, some whole grain foods, drink water, have treats every now & then & do 30 - 45 minutes of exercise every day. From now on I will eat breakfast & allow myself to eat healthy food without feeling guilty.

skinny on the inside

Postby skinny on the inside » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:23 pm

Lost 700g last week. Better than not losing or putting on which is what has been happening lately. I'm just glad to get below 88kg!! I have a confession to make...I tried to do the whole Scarsdale diet this week. I don't know if anyone is familiar with it, if not, google it. I did it a looooooooong time ago & as I recall I lost 6kg in a week!!! I've just been feeling a bit desperate to lose a somewhat significant amount of weight before X-Mas. Last X-Mas my son was 6 months old & I wanted to have lost all my baby weight by X-Mas...it didn't happen. I HATE looking at the photos from his first X-Mas. All I can think of is "OMG, I look sooo fat. I had 6 months to lose the weight, why didn't I do it". Well for starters I had post natal depression, issues with hubby, thoughts of "why did I have this child, I can't do this". No wonder I couldn't focus on looking after myself. Having said that I have done nothing about losing the weight this year also as I seem to have disappeared into a black hole of general depression. In fact I have burst into tears writing this. :cry: :cry: As a result I am actually fatter than what I was last X-Mas, well done me!!! :evil: :evil:. Anyway, I lasted 1 & half days on the Scarsdale diet thing. I was doing ok until I was confronted with an emotional & stressful situation today. I went off it because I couldn't handle the restrictive diet along with all the mental stuff. Oh well....just another failure in my long list of failures. I should be used to it by now. Will just go for a long walk tomorrow & will try & eat healthy.

skinny on the inside

Postby sarahm » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:38 pm

hi SOI i'm not on the forms much lately,but your post compelled me to write. i also suffered severe post-natal depression( for some its worse than others) and the weight issue is just another pressure that makes everything overwhelming. i feel from reading how you are feeling that maybe you need to talk to a trusted GP about it, cause it doesnt just go away by itself. i was medicated a couple of years after my youngest's birth-wish i had done so earlier.i am still on the meds to this day(over 7 years) cause i never ever want to go down that black hole-and i am susceptible to depression. your post worries me-please seek help, sweety. its ok. and you will find that the weight thing will be easier to tackle when you gain some clarity again . feeling this way is far mors common than anyone cares to know. you are not alone. please let me know if youve talked to someone-sending you hugs. xx
sarahm

Postby skinny on the inside » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:15 pm

Put on nearly 2 kg last week. Only 300g away from 90kg. I can't believe that I have let myself get this big. I've hit rock bottom. :cry: Had the usual x-mas family photos taken yesterday & I was mortified at how disgusting I looked. I went for a long walk today & I was in tears. For the first time I am actually starting to think that I can't lose this weight & I'm panicking about it. I think I just need to take one day at a time at the moment & not even think about how much I need to lose. Haven't eaten much today. Don't even feel like eating as I'm that angry with myself. Oh well, hope everyone had a nice X-Mas.

skinny on the inside

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous