It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:19 pm

Free Newsletter

27kg of baby weight to lose

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 27kg of baby weight to lose

Postby largemummy » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:33 pm

skinny big hugs for you!!!
i got my santa photo on thursday and it is sad when i am bigger than santa in the photo (bub freaked so we are all in the santa photo) but i rekon 2010 is our year sweety lets do this!!!!
i am a bit freaked out though, i flipped it on xmas day major depressive situation resulted in alot of yelling at my folks etc, i just flipped, my sister was yelling at me i slapped her and i got hubby to drive me straight to the hospital, xmas afternoon from 3:30pm till 7pm in emergency department talking to doctors and a nurse from mental health unit. i am now on anti depresent avanza which after researching here on the net apparently causes weight gain yay for me! but i am determined and we will loose this baby weight together! i will be here for you! even if hubbies arent we got each other! im hoping after being to the hospital and talking to them my hubby will be more understanding and stop hounding me to be what i was pre baby! any ways enough rambling from me, Just remember New year new us!!!! we will set a goal each week and stick to it! how about it????? <big hugs>
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3Da9dE/]
[/url]
largemummy

Postby starr22 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:08 am

Hi Skinny, just been reading through your posts, and big ((hugs)) to you. I'm so sorry that you are feeling so down at this time of year. You can defininately do this though, and just know that we are all cheering you on :)

I don't post on the forum that much anymore, but I'm always reading :) Feel free to give me a PM if you just need a chat.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby starr22 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:16 am

Hey Skinny, I just realised we have the same ticker! :D Great minds think alike hey :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby skinny on the inside » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:20 pm

Thanks ladies :) . I need all the encouragement I can get at the moment.

Largemummy - I'm so sorry your X-Mas was so bad. Good on you for keeping positive though & keep your chin up. I appreciate your support. Yes!!!!!! 2010 is going to be our year to get our weight back on track.

I went shopping today for clothes. I hate buying XL. I sat down at one point & just started people watching. There were alot of slim ladies walking around with really nice casual summer clothes on & all I could think of was "I wish I was 60kg again & able to look nice like them" :cry: . When I get really down it feels like I have nothing to look forward to. I don't want to go anywhere or try new things because I just want to hide away. I don't go out because it's too hard trying to work out what to wear because I'm uncomfortable in everything. Well I have decided that I do have something to look forward to.......losing 30kg & getting my life back. I know I have to work very hard to achieve this & it is overwhelming to me at the moment but I've just got to bite the bullet & do it. Hopefully next weigh in won't be so bad.
New starting weight: 94.1 kg
First goal: to get under 90 kg's
Next goal: 85 kg by end of Feb
Short term goal: 70 kg by end of Jun
Long term goal: 60 kg by X-Mas

skinny on the inside

Postby ali76 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi skinny on the inside!

Hun - i need to give you some advice someone gave to me. Listen to what you say to yourself!! You're telling yourself you can't do this....you tell yourself off for doing something wrong. You need to be your own best friend - don't ever say anything to yourself that you wouldn't say to your best friend.

Would she tell you that you can't do it- no. Would you tell her she couldn't do it - no. So why say it to yourself?

You're right - you know what you have to do!! But instead of looking at the big picture, look shorter term. When you look at what you want at the end of the journey, it seems so far away, too hard, too easy to fail.....make a plan for the week, or the day - something easy to manage and accomplish.

Instead of punishing yourself for doing the wrong thing, reward yourself when you do well - BUT break the habit of rewarding with food. For example - for every 15 minutes of exercise you do, put $2 in a jar and save for a massage, or a pedicure, a new book, a DVD....something for YOU! Or do that for every 5 kilos lost. Work out something that works for you.

You can do this hun!!! You really can!! :mrgreen:

xoxoxo
ali76

Postby skinny on the inside » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Thanks Ali76 - everything you said is absolutely true. It's the start of a new year today & instead of making the usual resolutions I have had a long hard think about all the things that need to change in my life & how I'm going to go about making those changes. I'm going to take it one day at a time & stay focussed & positive. I'm going to stop punishing myself mentally & physically. I'm off to a good start today as I have done a 45 minute walk & have gone back to Calorie King to record my food diary. I'm also going to make a list of all the things that trigger me to go off track. Will weigh in tomorrow & will also be taking my measurements which I haven't done for a long time.

skinny on the inside

Postby sarahm » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:45 am

hi SOI oh dear-big hugs, so sorry! life can be so hard....ali76 is so right-our inner voice is very important. please try to think kind thoughts. how we feel inside is SO important. we are all here to listen, cheer , encourage. thinking of you. *hugs*
sarahm

Postby skinny on the inside » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:01 pm

Cheers Sarahm for the hugs. :)

I think I have actually turned a bit of a corner...well more like a slight bend anyway :lol: . I'm not allowing myself to be negative & have been pushing that evil inner voice aside. It's amazing how often it crops up. I went for a really long walk this morning & I automatically started thinking "what if I don't lose any weight this week, all this hard work for nothing". That evil little voice is already telling me that I'm going to fail, what's with that!!!? I said to myself "no, I am not going to fail, even if for some reason I don't lose any weight this week I have been healthy & will just keep going, it will happen". Yay for me!!!!

skinny on the inside

Postby Shay » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:16 pm

Good on you for being positive! It is sooo important for you to do some exercise, even if you dont lose any weight. Physical activity will help keep your quality of life at a better level, including keeping away many chronic diseases. You can do this, you're my inspiration because we're thinking of having kids soon and im really worried about post baby weight :)
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby skinny on the inside » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:43 pm

Hey Shay

Well maybe we can keep each other on track then :lol: . Good luck with your journey of weight loss & future conception :) . I'm planning on trying for my 2nd bub at the end of this year so I want to get down to goal weight by then. I've got plenty of time though. I am NOT going to do what I did with my 1st pregnancy though.....eat everything in sight & gain 30kg. I've learnt my lesson :lol:

skinny on the inside

Postby Shay » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:47 pm

Hehe sounds like a plan! :D
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby skinny on the inside » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:42 pm

Whoo hoo....4 days in a row of being healthy :lol: .

I am however starting to feel deprived of food. I guess I'm just used to snacking constantly throughout the day & not really thinking about what I'm eating whereas now I am recording everything I eat & planning out my meals. Old habits die hard!!! When I get those feelings now I just keep busy doing something constructive. I am also missing my nightly glass (or 2 or 3 or 4 :oops: ) of wine. Alcohol was a big factor in my inability to get into gear & lose this weight as I have been using it as a comfort when feeling down. I'm not going to say that I will never drink again but it won't be a daily occurrence & certainly not in the quantities that I was consuming. It will also be included in my daily calorie allowance. Hey, I've just realised something....I'm actually looking forward to weigh in day :lol: . That hasn't happened in a LONG time.

skinny on the inside

Postby skinny on the inside » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Had a little bit of a bad yesterday. Went to gold class movie session & had fried chicken tenders. Then went out to lunch & had a prawn stir fry with noodles. Then had some alcohol at home. I also did not exercise. I'm not beating myself up over it though because I honestly could have made worse choices with the food I had & I haven't had any other alcohol all week. I worked out the calories as best I could on Calorie King & I obviously went over my daily allowance but not as much as I thought. I'm going to try & make up for it today by just eating a salad for lunch & some vegie soup for tea & will do some time on the X-trainer. I'm not worried about weigh in tomorrow because I know I have lost weight this week....I can feel it. My clothes just feel that tiny bit more comfortable & I can actually see a little bit of a difference. My motivation level is still really high which is good as usually after a bit of a set back with food I feel really guilty & then go off track.

skinny on the inside

Postby jewel31 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:22 pm

You need a bad day every now and then so you don't end up feeling deprived and have a total blow out, besides how can you go to Gold Class and not indulge? Do they even have salad on the menu? Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.
jewel31

Postby skinny on the inside » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks Jewel,

No they don't have salad on the menu at gold class damn it!!!! :lol: I spent ages trying to work out what would be the best choice but in the end I thought "I really want the chicken tenders". There were only 3 & they were quite small.

Having the treats has made me think a bit more though. I think it's still a bit early for them (treats). It may make me susceptible to going off track. I'm going to a party tomorrow afternoon & I have no idea of what food will be there. I think I'll have lunch before I go so I won't be tempted to nibble. I think I'll be ok especially if I have registered a good loss on the scales as this will egg me on.

skinny on the inside

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous