It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:02 am

Free Newsletter

Maybe this year...

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Maybe this year...

Postby jewel31 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:15 pm

will be the year? I was on here about two years ago when I was focussing on losing weight, I managed to lose about 8 kilos, got down to about 93 kilos then a bunch of other stuff came up and I kinda stoppped thinking about weight loss. I managed to maintain around 93-95 for about a year but I had back problems for most of last year and I've ballooned back up to 103 again. I can't believe I'm over 100 again. :oops:

I'm planning to go to Italy in October for a month and I want to be at least under 80 so I can enjoy myself. I went and got a Wii Fit for a bit of fun about a week ago, so far I'm enjoying it despite being sore from head to toe and have used it everyday.

I think I'm in a better frame of mind this time round, last time I tried I was fighting depression and I really didn't like myself, I'm okay with me now so hopefully I'll do better this time.
jewel31

Re: Maybe this year...

Postby Bel Diamante » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Best of luck jewel. I too am back after a long break from here and my story is so similar to yours, except i'm 40kg heavier. I suffered from major depression and post traumatic stress disorder for years and it has taken me years to finally get in the right frame of mind again. So I totally know what you mean. Italy sounds great! You'll get there. Hopefully we can motivate each other and give each other a kick up the butt when needed! :D
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Start Bust: 133cm Now: 130cm
Start Waist: 127cm Now: 125cm
Start Hips: 148cm Now: 144cm
Bel Diamante

Postby jewel31 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:47 am

Thanks Bel, I remember you, I was posting under my real name back then but I decided to be anonymous this time so I could be as open as I want to be. We'll do it this year :!:
jewel31

First week weigh in

Postby jewel31 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:35 pm

Starting weight: 103
Current weight: 101
Change: - 2 kilos

But then I always lose a lot of weight the first week I figure from my body being in shock from working out, I'm really good at sticking to exercise and diet for about 2-3 weeks, sometimes even 6, then I get bored... hopefully I'll keep it up this time.
jewel31

Postby miss_viva » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi Jewel,

Congratulaions on your 2kg loss, that's a great start! I really hope that this will be the year for you :) I'm considering a trip to Europe at the end of the year as well, and I'd like to be at my goal weight by then, so perhaps we could help each other stay on track? I have been dying to go to Europe for ages, but I don't want to go while I don't feel completely comfortable at my size. I want to look nice in my travel pics, not trying to figure out if it's me or the arc de triomphe on the left :P

Keep us posted and all the best - you've lost weight before and you can do it again! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby jewel31 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:40 pm

Thanks Miss Viva, yes I've been putting off my trip for about two years hoping to lose weight so I can enjoy the trip more (okay okay I just want to pick up some hot Italian guy :D ). It has to happen this year! You look like you've had some good steady progress, I can't wait to be back in the 80s.
jewel31

Postby Bel Diamante » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:04 pm

I know we'll do it this year girl! Drop me a PM or add me on facebook (Nicole Alayne Hammermeister) if you ever want to chat. I'm sure we will encourage each other along the way and give ourselves a good kick up the @55 when needed LOL.
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Start Bust: 133cm Now: 130cm
Start Waist: 127cm Now: 125cm
Start Hips: 148cm Now: 144cm
Bel Diamante

Postby miss_viva » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:51 pm

Haha, a hot Italian guy is the PERFECT motivation!

I've had some progress over the last year, but I lost the majority of it in about the first 6-9 months of the year, and I've had fairly minimal losses since then. To be completely honest, I haven't been exercising much, and that's made a huge difference in my weight loss. I'm definately feeling more motivated now, and I've begun exercising regularly again, so hopefully I'll see some losses soon!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby jewel31 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:20 am

I'm sure you will Miss Viva, I'll be jealously watching your ticker go down I'm sure
jewel31

Second week weigh in

Postby jewel31 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:30 am

Starting weight: 101
Current weight: 100.4
Change: - 600 grams

Well it's something, a little disappointed since it's only my second week and I don't want my weight loss to be slowing down this soon. I guess the difference is, I was at work this week and bought lunch everyday whereas last week I was at home for most of the week and so made lunch myself. Of course I don't add fat when I cook myself and I tend to make salad or vegies. I worked out about the same as I did the previous week plus walking to and from the station for work so the exercise was at least as much as the previous week.

I've ordered some cookbooks and a couple specifically for lunch boxes, hoping I can get into the habit of making my lunch.

I will be back under 100 this time next week!
jewel31

Postby miss_viva » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 pm

Well done Jewel! 600gms is still a pretty nice loss - they say that anything between 0.5-1kg a week is a realistic and healthy loss, so you're definately in the range. I think any loss is still great, as it means the scales are going in the right direction! Good luck for next week, I'm sure you'll make it under 100kgs :)

It's a good idea to make your own lunch and take that to work, that way you know exactly what you're consuming (and saving money at the same time too!).

I think I'm on track to have a pretty decent loss this week - this is the first week that I've really increased my exercise so I'm hoping for a nice number on the scales. I'm sure that I'll have a smaller loss the week following, but I'll take whatever I can get!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby jewel31 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:19 pm

Thanks Miss Viva, I'd say good luck with your weigh in this week but I don't think you need it by the sound of it.
jewel31

Postby jewel31 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:22 pm

I didn't get to exercise Friday night or Saturday and today I felt just rotten. Had people over most of the day so only got around to exercising tonight. I feel so much better afterwards, I actually feel more energised after working out and much more positive. I made some salads for lunch today so I've got plenty left over to take to work for lunch tomorrow.
jewel31

Postby jewel31 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:53 pm

Selecting the over indulged routine on my Wii Fit last night seemed like a good idea at the time but that evil trainer :evil: made me do lunges which hurt bad enough at the time (the language I may have used would be inappropriate to post). Tonight my quads were aching, usuaIly I would have used that as a reason to not work out tonight, after a long internal discussion I decided to work out (skipped the lunges though) and you know it wasn't too bad, I'm done now and I can go to bed happy with myself rather than feeling disappointed.
jewel31

Postby warriorsgirl » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:38 am

Hi Jewel - Welcome back - it seems that a lot of us were old timers and are getting back on track for 2010 :)
Congrats on the first 2.6kg loss - I've been wanting a wii fit for ages, they sound like so much fun!! :)
But I don't necessarily want to go out and buy one as the BF has one, just gotta get to his mor often :P
Keep up the great work...
warriorsgirl

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous