It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Maybe this year...

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Maybe this year...

Postby jewel31 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Thanks. I'm really happy with my Wii fit, well except when I stupidly pick one of the mean exercises. I'm still sore from the lunges but still working out. I don't know how those people on the biggest loser do it. One set of lunges and I'm in pain for two days.
jewel31

Postby largemummy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:58 am

With feeling sore after lunges, make sure you stretch properly after your workouts! by stretching and holding the stretch for 30 secs it will help reduce muscle soreness!!!
Good luck and keep up the great work!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3Da9dE/]
[/url]
largemummy

Postby miss_viva » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:22 pm

Great effort Jewel, it's fantastic that you pushed yourself and worked out, even though you weren't really in the mood for it!

I'd love to have a wii fit, everyone says they are so much fun, and a lot of people have gotten some great results from them. Hopefully your hardwork will pay off and you'll be under 100kgs at your next weigh in :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Only just

Postby jewel31 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:41 pm

Been a bit busy this weekend and didn't get a chance to post

Starting weight: 100.4
Current weight: 99.9
Change: - 500 grams

Just made it in under 100, it's gonna take a long time to drop the weight if my average is around half a kilo a week. Oh well, as long as it keeps heading south, that's the main thing.
jewel31

Postby jewel31 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:42 pm

largemummy wrote:With feeling sore after lunges, make sure you stretch properly after your workouts! by stretching and holding the stretch for 30 secs it will help reduce muscle soreness!!!
Good luck and keep up the great work!!

Thanks, I have done them a couple of times since and made sure I stretched before and after and I haven't felt so bad afterwards.
jewel31

Postby miss_viva » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:59 pm

But hey, you made it under 100kgs and that's fantastic!

Whenever I think my weight loss is slow, I always think about that old saying "you didn't put the weight on overnight, so you can't expect to lose it overnight either". Any loss is great, and over time, they'll all add up. 500gms is still a fantastic loss though! Next time you're at the supermarket, go and pick up a 500gm tub of margarine, and imagine that it's filled with fat from your body. It seems like a lot more now, doesn't it? :mrgreen: Those 'tubs' add up over time too, and think how much healthier you'll be inside!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby jewel31 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:53 pm

Thanks Miss Viva, the small losses just make me worry that I'm going to plateau too early, I'd be very happy with 0.5 every week.

I had some apple liquorice while I was out yesterday, bad enough about the calories but I've started realising anytime I have refined sugar I get severely depressed so today instead of getting outside and doing the chores I had planned to do and exercising I sat in front of the tv all day thinking that my life is going nowhere. At least I walked to the supermarket tonight (the one further away) so I've done a little bit of exercise. I'm going to try to go one week without refined sugar and then if I can get through one week I'll try the next one too. I just don't think I can get anywhere if I keep eating sugary things even if it is every now and then, it makes me depressed for at least 2-3 days and I feel like quitting everything. I was feeling so happy and energised till yesterday after 3 weeks of exercise and eating healthier and I'd like to continue feeling that way.
jewel31

Postby warriorsgirl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:53 am

I have to agree with MV and yourself - even if the weight is coming off slowly, at least it's a loss and not a gain! :) Congratulations with the continuning effort, just getting out of the house sometimes helps, I know I have days when I don't want to do anything, so I take a walk to the supermarket (like you) just to get out.

I like the idea that you can physically feel and imagine the weight you have lost, 500g may not seem much but then again, if you pick up a tub of marg, it has a much bigger effect on you.

As for sugar, if you are a sweet tooth like I am - there are lollies that you can find in the supermarket called "Double D" i don't know how, but they are sugar free and normally one does me :)

Good luck!!!
warriorsgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:30 am

Wow. That's a very bad reaction to sugar you're experiencing there, Jewel. Double D lollies are great. If you don't like artificial sweeteners maybe low GI sweet foods would help. I have no idea how sugar affects brain chemistry to cause depression, but processed sugars can cause a sugar rush followed by a sugar crash. Low GI carbs release sugar into the blood more slowly, so you don't spike and crash. Apples, dried apricots, bananas, cherries, grapes, mangoes, kiwi fruit, peaches, plums, prunes and strawberries are all classified as low GI. And while fruit is full of natural sugars, so many dieters advise against eating too much, if it's a choice between flavoured licorice and a piece of fruit I think fruit is the lesser of two evils.

Good luck. I hope you manage to work your sweet tooth into your weight loss plans successfully. And don't worry about the small losses. I recently participated in a PhD study on weight loss and they said that small losses slowly are far more effective in keeping weight off. In fact, they advocated losing only 0.5kg to 1kg per month. It gives the body a chance to change its set-point, or the weight it thinks is its natural weight. The thinking is that if you lose weight quickly your body will try to regain the weight, thinking that you are starving to death because your 'natural weight' should be so much higher. If your body thinks its natural weight is the one you're at now it's less likely to try to regain weight.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby miss_viva » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:25 pm

At least you've worked out early on that refined sugar may be an issue for you - and now you can take steps to avoid it as much as possible. I agree with the suggeestions and advice EWQ gave you, low GI foods are an excellent idea, and she has explained the effects they will have on your body well.

Don't worry too much about your weightloss at the moment - you lost 0.5kgs and that's great! See how you go over the next 2-3 weeks, and track your losses. It's too early to tell if you're plateauing already :) If you're not satisfied with your results after a month or so, maybe post a sample of your diet up here, and let people offer you some constructive feedback and advice, and see if they believe there is anyway to improve it!

I know from personal experience that often we think we're making healthy choices and in reality, we're not. For example: I used to drink fruit juice ALL the time, glasses of it daily. I thought I was being healthy because it was from fruit and was natural, but what I didn't realise was that there was just as much sugar in a glass of juice as there was in a glass of coke. Now I'm more careful and only drink one glass of juice a day with breakfast, because I don't want the unnecessary calories. Little things like that can make a big difference. I think there's perhaps 200cals or so in a glass of juice... so imagine what I was doing to my diet when I used to drink maybe 3-4 glasses a day! :shock:

Best of luck for this week's weigh in :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby jewel31 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:33 pm

The problem with those double d lollies is the fine print of 'may have a laxative effect'. I actually find them too sweet for me. Well whilst I've noticed sugar makes me a little more annoyed than usual, I've owned up to the fact that there is an underlying issue. The problem with me is that my depression and anxiety comes and goes, when I'm down I think it's something I ate or lack of exercise or PMS or whatever and if it hangs around long enough I get to the point where I almost see someone about it but then I come good again and I think oh there's nothing wrong with me. Anyway, for the last couple of weeks I've been on a downward trend again so I finally went and spoke to a GP about it. Based on my family history and my symptoms and what not I've been diagnosed with bi-polar and he's put me on anti depressants. I so hope it helps, it is meant to help me to not feel so sluggish and so I won't have to force myself to do things, I'll maybe even just feel like doing them. Oh and one possible 'symptom' of the medication is weight loss. I so hope I get that one and not any of the other 50 possible side effects.

In terms of my weight loss, well I stayed the same, it is about TTOTM where I bloat up and normally weigh a kilo more so being the same weight is not so bad. I took my waist measurement the other day and I've gone from 110cm to 93cm so I've lost 7 centimetres from my waist. I think it's the yoga and muscle exercises on my wii fit? Either way, I do like the smaller waist size, just wish my butt would hurry up and get with the program.
jewel31

Postby miss_viva » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:38 pm

jewel31 wrote:I've gone from 110cm to 93cm so I've lost 7 centimetres from my waist. I think it's the yoga and muscle exercises on my wii fit? Either way, I do like the smaller waist size, just wish my butt would hurry up and get with the program.

Well done, 7cm is a huge loss! You sound like me physically, I have a smaller waist and my butt can be pretty stubborn! It's slowly getting with the program though, and I'm sure yours will do the same in time :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby jewel31 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:46 am

So you know how hard it is to find pants that fit? Even when I was slim my butt was two sizes bigger than my waist, not that there is anything wrong with that, I like having curves and the guys don't seem to mind but they just don't make clothes for curvy girls.
jewel31

Postby sarahm » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:33 pm

hi jewel and miss-viva yep i find it hard to find clothes that fit my curves also- am an hourglass and have a really small waist compared to hips/ butt :) wish the people making clothes would get it right1
sarahm

Weekly weigh in

Postby jewel31 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:08 am

I forgot to post my results last weekend... keeping with tradition, I lost 400 grams to get down to 99.5.

This week's results:

Starting weight: 99.5
Current weight: 98.0
Change: - 1.5 kg

Yes, I know, it's a miracle.
jewel31

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous