It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:45 pm

Free Newsletter

As light as a feather

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

As light as a feather

Postby warriorsgirl » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Well here I am once again... hopefully to loose a couple kg, or more :P
need to loose at least 30kg... Jeez that is a huge number!!!!!
Anyway more to come as I get started up... Looking forward to 2010! And hopefully a new me, soon!
warriorsgirl

Re: As light as a feather

Postby Czarina » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:05 pm

30 isn't that big a number! Just take it 5kg at a time, and you'll be there before you know it! Trust me, it's only daunting if you let it be. :D
Czarina

Postby warriorsgirl » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:59 pm

So just a quick recap from my intro...
Im 22, approx 175cm tall, and weigh in at approx 106kg (will make my weigh in's Tuesday morning, so first weigh in tomorrow)

Today I got off at an earlier train station and walked the rest of the way home, took me about 30minutes...
I plan to do this maybe 4 days a week...

I've also been a member of CalorieKing for some time now, but never really used that properly - so another plan is to use that every day.
But I think there may be something wrong with the calculations, it tells me i can eat up to 1700 worth of calories per day, and today wasn't the best of days but I am still under the calorie mark, which I guess is a good thing, but I just don't understand that :( Weird.

I also went and did some groceries this afternoon, I finally found tandori paste :) So excited about that...
I chopped up my chicken and have it sitting in the mariande in the fridge overnight...
Plan to make chicken tandori wraps, just like my fav lunch spot does... And well that will save me money and probs calories to if I am to make it from home.

I eat a lot of fruit as it is, and I don't plan to cut any of it out - maybe add some more vegies to my diet and less carbs...
My first goal is to get my carbs down to 50% on calorie king :)
warriorsgirl

Postby warriorsgirl » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:23 am

I find when I am 'dieting' im much more hungrier than usual - I hope this passes soon!
warriorsgirl

Postby warriorsgirl » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:32 am

Well I officially weighed in yesterday (at home) and if we are going to be precise and down to the dot,then... I'm 105.7!
Went out to dinner last night with the ex-boss, was good to catch up, but we had 2 bottles of wine between ourselves and lots of yummy tempura prawns, only a lil' rice and yeah - could have eaten a little better...
Still got in my 30 minutes yesterday, plan to go to the gym this afternoon and get in some weights, and maybe a little cardio - and depending on what time I finish there I will still try and walk home from Petersham again :)
warriorsgirl

Postby miss_viva » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:25 pm

Good luck for your weigh in next week, Warriorsgirl :)

Getting off the train a few stops early is a great idea, and something that you can easily fit into your daily routine. Don't worry about the wine and prawns, I'm sure that if you exercise and watch your diet for the rest of the week, you'll have a great result next week.

All the best :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby warriorsgirl » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:01 pm

OK, had really bad cramps today that I couldn't even sit straight at work!
So didn't get the exercise in but kept it relatively healthy :)
Pretty happy, will get back onto the exercise machine tomorrow...

Oh and if anyone has some tips on how to get my calorie intake up by 300 calories, please let me know
I am having so much trouble :)
warriorsgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:17 pm

Great to see you again, Warriorsgirl! I've only just returned after a break too.

Sorry to hear about your cramps. I hope you're feeling better now! My tip for increasing calories in a healthy way is nuts. They're full of healthy fats, minerals and they're energy dense so you don't need to eat too many to consume a lot of calories.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Czarina » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:21 pm

Olive oil and avocado are also great for upping the calories.
Czarina

Postby HappyGirl83 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Nuts are also great for upping calories in healthy and nutritious way...make sure you measure out a snack portion though!!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby HappyGirl83 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:23 pm

I really should read a thread properly before I reply lol EWQ already suggested nuts! I love almonds as a morning snack.
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:45 pm

HappyGirl83 wrote:I really should read a thread properly before I reply lol EWQ already suggested nuts! I love almonds as a morning snack.

LOL. That's okay, HappyGirl. That's two votes for nuts! :D

I agree with Czarina that olive oil and avocado are great for your health too. You might want to look at your diet and see if you are lacking in anything that an oil, nuts or avocado could help with. I'm vegan, for instance, so I don't eat fish. My high calorie foods of choice are walnuts and flaxseed oil so I still get omega 3s. Different nuts have different vitamins and minerals, as do avocado and olive oil. From memory I think sesame seeds are high in calcium, almonds high in vitamin E and avocado is high in omega 6s. Or maybe mix it up from week to week so you're getting a wide variety of extra nutrients.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby warriorsgirl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:58 am

Well I know weigh in day isn't untill tomorrow - but I had the time this morning so I jumped on the scales and I have managed to loose 1kg, pretty happy with that :)
I can't believe I didn't take nuts into consideration before - I am a huge huge fan, so yeah just gotta be careful about the portion size and such. Avacado is great to, got a good idea on the weekend to use vita weats with a smudge of avo and cheese for a snack, but then didn't get any avo's, not when they are selling for $4.99 each!!!!
So trying to get to the gym at lunch today, and if it's not raining will walk home from the station even though i didn't bring an umberella with me :0 It's so hot and muggy, it's disgusting, so over this weather :P
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
warriorsgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:16 am

Well done on the 1kg loss, WG. That's great work!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby miss_viva » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:56 pm

Congratulations on your loss, you'll be back under 100kgs in no time :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous