It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:03 am

Free Newsletter

As light as a feather

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: As light as a feather

Postby warriorsgirl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:07 am

Thanks guys... :)
Pretty stoked actually - BF was to, told me that losing weight isn't that hard... I'm not agreeing with him though, because I know there are going to be times when I feel like censored, and wish it would come off overnight :p

Been a little difficult this week, B like's to go out for breakfast and eat a lot!!! I only just realised that it is becoming a little hard eating around him, especially breakfast and dinner! But I did end up making muslei, home made and baked - it is very yummy to, so I've managed to slip that in - We do managed to eat a lot of vegies at dinner (when I am with hime) just gotta make the change to have that at home also...

So need to get some more exercise in this week - not sure what to expect for next Tuesday (weigh-in day)... Might be a little bit of a disaster... But will just have to wait and see.
warriorsgirl

Postby miss_viva » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Going out and making healthy food choices can be really difficult and tempting, especially if the person you're with is ordering all the things you wish you could have!

My suggestion would be to choose the place that you go out to for breakfast. If there is nothing particularly good for you at the place you currently go to, maybe you could try somewhere new? There are a lot of relatively healthy breakfast options you can have too - omlettes or scrambled eggs with toast, 1 or 2 pancakes with mixed berries usually aren't too bad, fruit with natural yogurt etc.... That way, your BF can enjoy going out for breakfast still and having all the things he likes, and you can also find something suitbable on the menu too.

You can also usually make small changes to the menu, and most places are happy to accomodate that. For example, instead of having saussages served with your eggs, ask them for fruit instead. Things like that can make a big difference.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby warriorsgirl » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:45 am

Well I knew that last week would be a failure, and I suppose this week is going to be as well, concerts and birthdays for this week... I will try and concentrate on getting my food right, just need to be bothered to cook when I get home from work! which really isn't that hard. Need more vegies at night!
Im thinking about doing the 'celebrity slim' shakes but only for breakfast, because I honestly don't know what to have for breakfast, i just think I am eating way to many carbs!!!
warriorsgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Good luck with getting your eating sorted this week. I highly recommend those portion control steamed veg packets you find in the frozen section. It's so easy to pop one of those in the microwave for a couple of minutes!

Hopefully once this busy week is over you'll have time to concentrate on nutrition again. :)
EvilWombatQueen

Postby miss_viva » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi WG,

Don't worry too much about this week coming - just do your best to make healthy choices where possible, and limit the amount of damage you do with your eating. Those little things add up over time. For example, if you get drinks at the concert, drink diet soda or water, or if it's alcoholic, consider getting a diet mixer to go with it.

For breakfast, what about having some fruit or yogurt? When it starts to cool down, you could also think about having some of those instant oats sachets, they are really tasty. You can also add extra fruit/nuts to those too :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Czarina » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:27 pm

Forget about Celebrity Slim! Try some eggs for breakfast, lots of protein and will keep you full!
Czarina

Postby warriorsgirl » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Ah thanks guys for all the encouragement and suggestions - they won't go to waste :)
warriorsgirl

Postby warriorsgirl » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Ok well i feel off the band wagon...
Dunno what's wrong with me but just gotta put the foot down, i just keep coming up with excuses.
I have started on the shakes, but only taking them for breakfast..
Uni has also started up, not to stressful at the moment though, but will see how things go.
Yesterday, along with B, was our last binge - we are no longer eating out, everything will be prepared and eaten at home. B is an excellent sandwhich maker, so he makes lunches while I do dinners. :)
Now just gotta get in the exercise - been way to hot and sticky lately - but thats just another excuse :P
warriorsgirl

Postby warriorsgirl » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:54 pm

WTF!!! :cry:

Honestly what is wrong with me?? Why am I so comfortable at being this weight (110kg)?????

I just don't understand myself sometimes, and I really need a huge kick up the ass - but who is going to do that for me other than myself???
I am so f'd up, I just can't understand or believe what I shove in my mouth, what I hide from everyone, flatmate, workmates, BF, Family and my closest friend!

OK - so I eat big meals, I love to cook, I love chocolate, I love bread, I love pastry, sausages, chicken, cauliflower, ice-cream, burritos, hot chips or wedges, madarins, nectarines, watermelon mmm blueberries on pancakes... and all that other stuff...

But I sometimes feel that no matter what I eat it's all just bad for me! I don't want a Personal Trainer to tell me I can't eat oranges b'cuz they are full of carbs, or watermelon b'cuz it's all sugar. I don't want them to tell me I HAVE TO eat 6 meals a day, sometimes that is not just possible, I am not that hungry and sometimes I am... Life is just f'd when it comes to food! No matter what I do I can't put the right thing in my mouth... I made sweet potato soup the other day with curry spices, then got told by a friend that it's just full of carbs and I really shouldn't be eating that, like WTF - it's home made, I know everything that I put in it!!!!!

I'm venting and venting a lot - I need to get to the reason why I can't seem to stick to any diet, or just leave chocolate alone for 2 weeks! I get a family block KitKat and it's gone in less than 10 minutes!

So what do I need to do.....
1. No more chocolate - I want to become alergic to it (in some sense) I'm just not touching it!
2. Eat a proper breakfast.
3. Eat morning and afternoon snack of a piece of fruit or tub of yoghurt!
4. Sandwhich for lunch full of salad and protein OR leftovers from dinner OR my yummy soup
5. No carbs at dinner, unless out for dinner.
6. I can have desser of a light choc mousse (thanks to NESTLE) BUT ONLY if I have gone to the gym that day.
7. Have a proper go at the Gym, at least 30min cardio

Id appreciate any of your comments, please, no matter how harsh.
warriorsgirl

Postby Sassyt » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:04 am

Hey WG hugs
Look Im not goin to be harsh @ all, but please can I steal your to do list :) ???
You seem to have a good plan @ hand & you sound focused enough to tackle this...
Well done on taking the step to the right direction again, keep @ it. You can do this...

Good luck Warriorsgirl, b watching your progress with interest :)
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:45 pm

I feel your pain, WG! I'm a friggin' VEGAN for chrissakes. You know, the diet that many advocate for losing weight (those 'Skinny B1tch' books, Alicia Silverstone, etc.)? I've been vegetarian since I was 8 and vegan since I was 20 and I still managed to become overweight.

Unless you're deliberately choosing a low carb route, there's nothing wrong with sweet potato soup. Sweet potato is low GI so it will keep you feeling full longer. Thick soup empties slower out of the stomach than the equivalent solid food and water, so that too should keep you feeling full for longer. The only danger I find with soups is what you eat with it. I find it tempting to have bread and margarine, which adds a lot of processed carbs and fat. If you make your soup with very little oil, don't add too much salt and stick to healthy veggies (and healthy meat if you're that way inclined) then there's nothing wrong with soup.

There are so many different diet plans out there I'll guarantee that no matter what you do you'll have three friends tell you it's wrong. The thing is, you're looking for a plan that works for you, not one that works for your friends.

I really like your to-do list. I heard a good tip for chocoholics trying to lose weight once: switch from milk chocolate to dark chocolate. It's much stronger tasting so it will satisfy your cravings quicker, and it's rarely 'moreish' like milk chocolate is. Another tip I heard was low-cal hot chocolate drinks. For some people they satisfy the chocolate urge without all the calories of real chocolate.

If you find it hard to stick to 'no carbs at dinner' maybe try having low-GI carbs instead.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby curvygirl » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:51 pm

WG Big Kick!
This is the kick up the bum you wanted. Come on girl you can do this. Come along with me and we can do this together. I have reduced my chocolate intake but not stopped it completely. A friend of mine just lost 30 kilos and had chocolate everyday. Knowing you can have it seems to make it ok. Buy some snack size bars and allow yourself to have one everyday. I know its not a family size block but you will still enjoy it. I am sure that cadbury has seen a drop in sales in the past 5 weeks as I am the biggest chocaholic there is.
Good luck and I will be keeping my eye on you! :D
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby warriorsgirl » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:15 pm

Well it's lunchtime and I have my sweet potato soup - no bread or margarine :)
I got up early to go to the gym because I feel like I've been putting it off - last week I had a wart cut from my foot and it became very sore so havn't been able to wear inclosed shoes since then. Anyway I get to the gym, my heel throbbing in my shoes, and my PT isn't there!!! Grr - very very annoyed.
I got on the x-trainer for 15min but the pain got unbearable, but I thought i did OK considering that I was just going to leave but I gave it a go!
So as well as bringing in my own food today - I am saving money as well :) Feels good and feels good to write on here, just good for processing thoughts and stuff :)

Anyway thanks guys for your comments it makes sense - EWQ's comments about everyone is on a different diet and they all think they know what's right for you was positive for me because it's TRUE!!! LOL - I've seen and heard my friends say that stuff to me and others... I just ignor that stuff now - even when my boss told me fish was probably fatty as well :P

I brought a packet of those individual dove dark chocolate's on the weekend - and I had 2 on the weekend and that seemed to help so maybe that's my way of getting through the day with chocolate :) Thanks CG!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
warriorsgirl

Postby warriorsgirl » Mon May 03, 2010 11:11 am

Well I weighed in this morning at 108.8kg, think that's a loss of 1.2kg - not exactly sure how I have done that though...
I guess I have been eating quite well, been sticking to at least 5 meals a day, eating a proper breakfast, sticking to morning and afternoon tea so feeling good about it, because I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, which then makes me think have I really lost 1.2kg????
Yesterday I did half the Bay Run with BF, I worked up a bit of a sweat but he didn't... Hope to do the whole thing this weekend - and make sure I take a hat!
warriorsgirl

Previous

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous