It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:09 pm

Free Newsletter

..::* The Final Countdown *::..

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

..::* The Final Countdown *::..

Postby cherricola » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:25 pm

Hi all,

I've been an "on again, off again" contributor to the forums for a while now, with the intention of losing weight so I can not only live a fitter & healthier life, but also so I can look smokin' hot on my wedding day (25/09/2010).

I'm currently hovering around the 93-94kg mark, with my ultimate goal being 70kg by September. I know it's doable, I just have to set my mind to it and stick to it.

February is going to be the final kick-start... I have enrolled in boot camp (third time round) which starts on the 11th, a 6 week challenge that starts on the 15th and a 12 week challenge that starts on the 13th... And I will also be doing boxing on Monday nights (starting on the 1st), as well as my usual weekly PT sessions (usually Friday's).

The only thing I need to get under control is my eating... I don't eat THAT much, but its more what I should and shouldn't eat that I need to sort out.

Another thing I think I need help with is, should I be taking a protein supplement or anything with all the working out that I'm going to be doing... I'll be exercising for around 1-2 hours per day with Sunday's being my "day of rest"... Any suggestions on that??

I hope to gain knowledge and support from my fellow forumers!! :D

Cherri xx
cherricola

Re: ..::* The Final Countdown *::..

Postby cherricola » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:12 pm

I start boxing again tonight...

I have an apprentice from work who is a complete fitness nut who is going to be my “boxing buddy”!! Haha. Starts in an hour… I’m scared!! LOL – it’s been a while since I’ve done the group boxing thing and I know it hurts… I’m still sore from my PT session on Friday night.

I want to try and give the C25K program another go. Has anyone done it and been able to jog the 5K at the end of it?? Preferably someone who has had NO RUNNING experience??
cherricola

Postby miss_viva » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Best of luck with your goals Cherri, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:17 am

How did boxing go? I think you're brave going boxing while still sore from your PT session last week!

I didn't to C25K. I tried it at first and found it didn't work too well for me. I just ended up dreading the running bits. I took a different tack when I started running: run as slowly as humanly possible. It was a tip on a running forum I used to lurk on. Instead of walking for a bit and running for a bit they advocated running for as long as you could, but as slowly as you could. Seriously, I had power-walkers overtaking me! But I managed over a kilometre on my first attempt, which slowly increased to two kilometres then three. After a while I was jogging all the way around Albert Park Lake, which is nearly 5km. Once I had the stamina up I started working on speed. By the end I was doing it in under 40 minutes. Unfortunately my plantar fasciitis, bad back and busy schedule put an end to my running, but I'm hoping to take it up again when I can!

Give C25K a go, by all means. It works for many people and I've heard terrific things about it. But if you find you're not enjoying it don't give up on running entirely. There are many different ways to start out, so just keep trying different methods until you find one you like. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby largemummy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 pm

hey cherricola,
i will be doing a 6 week challenge starting the 15th as well, is it the Contours gym one you are doing?
if so the answer to your protein intake question will be answered in the challenge booklet. if working out with weights i take my protien shake/bar within an hour of finishing to aid muscles repair.
good luck with your journey you will look amazing for your wedding!!!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3Da9dE/]
[/url]
largemummy

Postby cherricola » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Thanks for the tips guys...

Largemummy - I am doing the Fit 4 Life Challenge through a Brisbane based PT company... I'm really looking forward to it, but a bit scared at the same time. I've done two bootcamps now, through another company, and I'm petrified that this challenge is going to be so much harder than the bootcamp! LOL - sounds silly, because I really want to get pushed to my limit, but it scares the hell out of me at the same time.

EWQ - Boxing was fantastic!! Mind you I felt like I was going to die there for a while... :lol: But I got through it (& made it all the way back up the 50,000 {well it feels like that many} stairs at the end of it) - for those of you that are in Brisbane, it's the Kangaroo Point cliff stairs I'm talking about... :S Oh how I hate them!! Feel great today too - soreness has all but gone, so that's a bonus.

I have my gym bag in the boot of my car ready for a gym session after work this arvo. Considering going back to boxing again tomorrow night too, but it means hanging around after work for an hour before it starts... I'm not all that keen on unpaid overtime!! LOL. I'll see how it goes - might just head to the gym instead...

Oh, I got an email from the Challenge lady today - have to go and organise a time to do my initial health & goal consultation and measurements and testing. So that's exciting (& scary)!!
cherricola

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:50 am

How did you go with your assessment ?

You can do this by September hun, I'll be here to kick your arse if you dont :P
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby cherricola » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:00 pm

Hey GI! So, I am totally excited but I am sooooooo scared at the same time!!

I spent half the night waking up to check that my alarm was working so I didn't sleep in and miss my consultation this morning... haha, so I'm totally tired right now.

Anyway, I got there at 530am (half hour early - keen much?? :lol: ) and went in to meet the girls for the challenge. I basically had to do a couple of questionnaires on my goals, my current nutrition /health / fitness and stress. Then she took my hips/waist (just below my belly button) measurements (113cm), checked my height, did a pinch test on the back of my arm and the front of my thigh, weighed me (96.3kg :( I blame her scales!! :lol: ) and then I had to do two fitness tests... 1) get down and do as many push ups as I could without pausing - got through 25 of them, and 2) hold the plank / bridge for as long as I could (44.3 seconds)

She then said that they will now go and put all my "data" into their computer program and on Monday morning when we all start - there is apparently 9 of us doing the challenge - we all find out our Bio Age together. I'm so scared I'm going to be 93 years old or something!! LOL, but it's really exciting to be able to find out, and then aim to improve it.

Throughout the challenge we will also be given nutritional advice and we also have to fill in a weekly food and exercise diary to keep us accountable.

I AM SOOOO PUMPED!!!!

Bootcamp starts again tomorrow morning, and I am really looking forward to that too!! So this is my new weekly routine as of Monday morning...

Monday mornings - 1 hr - Challenge
Monday nights - 1 hr - group boxing
Tuesday mornings - 1 hr Bootcamp
Tuesday nights - 1 hr boxercise
Wednesday mornings - 1 hr - Challenge
Wednesday nights (maybe) - X-Training
Thursday mornings - 1 hr - Bootcamp
Friday nights - 1/2 hr - PT session
Saturday mornings - 1 hr Challenge, then 1 hr Group Training, &/or water aerobics
Saturday arvos - truck washing - about 3 hours washing two gigantic trucks to save some more money for our wedding
Sunday - DAY OF REST & RELAXATION

I've just messaged my PT to see if I can still join the 12 week challenge at the gym which will add another 1 hour session to my week.

So - in my consultation this morning, I made my short-term goal to lose 10kg's by June, and 20kg's by September... (hopefully more, but 20 is still a fair whack!)

:P
cherricola

Postby cherricola » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:04 pm

YAAAAAAY!!!!!
cherricola

Postby cherricola » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:05 pm

YAAAAAAY!!!!!

Just got the call from my trainer... I am going in this arvo to sign up for the 12 week challenge at the gym...

Wooohoooo!!!
cherricola

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:32 pm

O M G !

I can totally feel your enthusiasm and motivation !! Gurl ... keep at it ! When you lose your motivation, come back to this page and re read what you've written. Hat's off to ya hun xo
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby cherricola » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:48 am

LOL I know, I'm totally buzzing right now!!!

Started back at bootcamp this morning & I totally smashed it! The instructor even used me to demonstrate the exercises we were doing in our circuit to the "newbies". I ended up saturated (with sweat and from the dew on the grass) and covered head to toe in grass & O M G it feels soooo good to be back!!!

Today we did a circuit of 9 exercises (60 second sets of each) with a hill run in between each set... These are the exercises we did...

1) Bicep curls with resistance bands
2) Burpee push ups
3) Sit ups
4) Squats
5) Plank / nBridge
6) Obliques with medicine ball
7) Lunges
8) Push ups
9) Mountain climbing

So I went and signed up for my 12 week challenge at the gym yesterday arvo - all paid up and start on Saturday morning. I've asked if I can have my sessions on either Wednesday or Thursday nights so it fits in with my otherwise hectic training schedule.

Feeling great & ready to take on the world today!!!
cherricola

Postby cherricola » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:39 am

Since Thursday I've done 3 more training sessions... and now I am knackered!! :lol:

Last night I had my training session with my PT. I only do 1/2 hour sessions with him, but he manages to make me hurt for 3 days afterward in that short space of time.

This morning I started with a group training session at 7am, which I get free, along with boxing - with the boot camp that I do, so I thought I'd go and check that out for something different. O M G!!! I nearly died. I was almost throwing up (one guy actually did - let me tell you, I wasn't far behind him!).

We did a small jog as a warm up, then we were split into two groups. The first group was doing fast punches (boxing), and my group was doing harness running - UPHILL!! I never, ever, ever want to do that again...!! :shock: Then after 5 minutes we'd swap groups. So that went for an hour, then we did our stretches, then I came home for a quick swim and cool down before I had to be at the gym by 9am.

It was our Kickoff session for our 12 Week Challenge this morning. Basically they just went over what the challenge was all about, gave us our challenge t-shirts, weighed us in and put us through and endurance test. We each had to chose a piece of cardio equipement (all of us chose the tready), and we had to push ourselves as hard as we could for ten minutes. The trainers took readings of our speed / distance / PRE at 5 minutes and at 10 minutes. Our aim is to improve on our readings over the 12 weeks and hopefully win the Enduro Challenge, if not the Biggest Loser Challenge.

We also had to chose our team name and weekly meeting time. So we are now the Jindalee Jettstars (as in the superstars from Jetts Jindalee :lol: ).

First training session is at 7pm on Monday night, which will give me an hour break between boxing (5pm - 6pm) and the Challenge. I also start the 6 week challenge on Monday morning, so I hope I can keep my energy levels up and get through it. If I find it's too much for one day, I'm going to have to swap boxing for another night.

Anyway, that's my little update for the day... There is another boxing session on tomorrow morning at 7:30am, so I'll see how I'm feeling and I might head into town to do that as well...
cherricola

Postby cherricola » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:14 pm

Got my Bio Age Report back today...

I'm 35 years old!!! Not as bad as I was expecting, so I'm actually pretty happy with my result, it's only a difference of 8 & a half years!!!

Anyway, I'm in bed so I'll update again tomorrow & I will even post my "Before" pics too!!
cherricola

Postby meegs » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Absolutely amazing Cherri - what a big week you have had.
It will be great to get your bio age down.

What a huge year for you. I look forward to reading all about it.
Keep up the great work.
Cheers
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous