It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Free Newsletter

..::* The Final Countdown *::..

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ..::* The Final Countdown *::..

Postby Sassyt » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Oh My Cheri

I can feel the buzz you have and honestly its even rubbing off me :oops: which is good
Way to go to you gal. You can get this done!!!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg

Postby cherricola » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:22 am

Ok, so here are the pics I promised... Both taken last night before I went to the gym for my first 12 week challenge workout...

15FEB2010-1.JPG (27.23 KiB) Viewed 607 times
15FEB2010-2.JPG (24.49 KiB) Viewed 607 times

Postby largemummy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:04 am

great job putting up your photos! how was your first 12wk challenge workout? i cant wait to see the changes!!!

Postby cherricola » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:28 am

Thanks LM. I'm going to take the pics weekly and see how they all compare at the end of the 12 weeks.

The first workout wasn't too shabby. The trainer that was supposed to take us had food poisoning, so we were trained by my PT for the whole hour. As he knew how hard he could push me, he used me to demonstrate to the other 3 girls all the things we were to be doing.

We basically did a little strength and ab workout. Squats, leg raises, bridge/plank, russian twist, boxing circuit and back flexes (I think that's what they're called).

Not very happy with myself today though, I set all my alarms on Sunday night and it was supposed to go off at 4:30 AM today - but nooooo, I set it for PM, so didn't wake up until 5:45am and bootcamp started at 5:25am - so I missed it. I am soooooooooo spewing!!!! But to make up for it, I've booked in to go and do a FitBox class (with the lady that does the 6 week challenge) at 5:45 PM this arvy. That session only goes for 45 mins, so I might pop into the gym for another half hour or so on my way home from there.

How's things going with you LM?? :)

Postby cherricola » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:25 pm

What a day!! We've had massive storms in Brissy and half the city ended up under water... This pic is taken in the next street over from my office...

Wellington street.jpg
Wellington street.jpg (21.67 KiB) Viewed 596 times

Anyway, time to pack up for the day, and head off to Fit Box - will see how much energy I have left after that and I might head over to the gym afterwards.

Good day food wise,

B - Up & Go
S - Apple
L - Chicken & vege stir-fry
S - Frozen Yogurt

Have had almost 1.5L water so far & will no doubt have another litre by the time I go to bed after boxing & dinner...

Will update again tomorrow...

Postby cherricola » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:59 am

Fitbox got cancelled... :( But we still ended up doing our Challenge session this morning, so that was sweet!! Feeling pumped today even though the weather is still crap. So miserable and drizzly outside.

Ended up having a chicken breast grilled on the George Foreman with steamed potato, broccoli, beans, peas, carrots, corn and some lite alfredo pasta on the side for dinner last night.

Today's eating is hopefully going to go something like this...

B - 3 x weetbix w/ 1 x banana & trim milk
S - Apple
L - Lean Cuisine (spag bol)
S - Yogurt
D - Beef Stir-Fry w/ capsicum, carrot, cabbage, bok choy, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, pineapple and sauce made from soy sauce, oyster sauce & a tbsp sweet chilli sauce and 1 tsp crushed garlic

I hope I see a loss this week!! Gotta stick to it!! :)

Postby cherricola » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:49 pm

Bootcamp this morning... & they made us do that stupid, stupid harness running again. Oh how I DESPISE harness running. I have shin splints from hell!!

Having the night off tonight, and then a sleep in tomorrow morning, and back to the gym for my PT session tomorrow night.

Postby cherricola » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:29 pm

Woohoo!! 1.4kg Loss this week!! :D

Postby cherricola » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:48 pm

Well I've had a busy week so far already...

Started off yesterday with the 6 week challenge. We had to run around an AFL field twice as a warm up, and I managed to do it without stopping to take a breather or walk for a bit. I was so proud!! :) YAY!!

Then last night was the 12 week challenge session, and the trainer absolutely smashed us. But god it felt good!! I did everything he asked us to do, without dropping back on the weights and without slowing down on the cardio (bike / weight boxing). My shoulders were killing me this morning, and it just so happened to be the one day at Bootcamp when we had to do boxing.

So boxing it was, and I worked so hard... I was smashing out the power punches, and I think I've managed to find my "ZONE" - once I get into the zone, I don't care how much it hurts me, I just keep smashing it out.

Tonight, I'm off to try out water aerobics for the first time in about ten years!! But I'm really looking forward to it!!

Then, back up early again in the morning for another of the 6 week challenge sessions!! :mrgreen:

Postby sarahm » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:48 pm

phew- i need me a lie -down after reading all that! zzzzzz....well done !!

Postby Sassyt » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:54 pm

She's on fire there is no stoping her lol.
Well done Cherricola. You are doing absolutely great!
Way to go gal!!!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg

Postby cherricola » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:43 am

Hahaha, Thanks guys... :)

Well since my last update, I've done 3 more sesssions...

Tuesday night was my first attempt at Water Aerobics in about ten years, and it was a lot of fun. I think I might add it to my weekly routine and do it on Tuesday nights.

Yesterday morning was the 6 week challenge, and I surprised myself once again by not collapsing in a heap with exhaustion! LOL. We did one lap of the AFL field as a warm up, then we were set up in a line with a starting marker, and another marker about 25m away - from the start marker we had to run to the other end, get down and do 10 crunches, then get up, run to the other end and do 10 push ups, then back to the other end to do 9 crunches and so on til we got to 0. Once we got to the last one, we had to run back to the clubhouse (back about 30m behind the starting marker) and do 10 dips, sprint back to the far marker, sprint back to the clubhouse and do 10 more dips. We had to do that three times.

After that, we went up on the veranda of the clubhouse, and had to do 10 squats, 10 pushups, then get in the squat position with our backs against the wall and hold that position for 20 seconds - we had to do that 4 times.

And, that was it - all done for another day.

This morning was bootcamp, and we had the joys of doing a Location Run - oh yippeeee!!!! :roll:

So we started with a warmup jog around the road within the park (about 1km), then we would draw a card, and each card resembled a location and an exercise within the park.

First up we had push-ups on the fence -90 seconds worth, then we had to run to the next location and do 90 seconds of dips, off to the next spot to do frog jumps for another 90 seconds, next up was sit ups, then step ups, then side stepping pushups, then mountain climbing - all for 90 seconds each with the run in between each exercise to the different locations.

To warm down we did a light jog followed by stretches...

And that's today done!

I'm off work today because I seem to have broken out into a mad rash all over my back and arms - I think I may have actually layed in a green ant nest this morning because it was burning like hell for a good hour or so afterwards and I'd broken out into big welts. So if it clears up a bit more so that I can actually wear something more than a boob tube, I might head to the gym later today... see how we go.

Postby curvygirl » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:22 am

Hey Cherri how is your challenge going?
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous