It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:33 am

Free Newsletter

Fresh start

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Fresh start

Postby Patience&Persistence » Thu May 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Okay, so I didn't want to be here, but it seems i can't do this by myself. I'm miserable and depressed and embarassed. I wont see my friends and hate going out.
In the last 6 months i have put on 11 kilos and I HATE IT!!!!

I keep trying to start a healthy eating program but i swear by lunchtime my head is so full of thoughts of everything i can no longer eat that i just go and binge on all the stuff i think i'm gonna miss out on and i'm getting bigger and bigger.

I don't even necessarily want to lose 11 kilos (but if i did that'd be GREAT!) i would however like to lose at the very least 8.

Anyway i don't know what to do, i'm hoping this will help (something along the lines of being accountable, supported and motivated)

Currently my eating is way off base, my exercise however is okay i think.

I ride my exercise bike for 30mins and do 50 squats, 50 ladies push ups and 20 lifts of 5kg arm weights each day.....even Sunday (usually)

SO.... what now.

Well my start weight is
82.7kg and i need it to start going down instead of up.

Each day i will write something positive, quotes, sayings etc.

Today i will write.... " I am not a has-been, I am a WILL BE!!! "
Patience&Persistence

Re: Fresh start

Postby Patience&Persistence » Fri May 07, 2010 7:04 pm

82.6kg....don't know why. Ate crap yesterday.

Today have done well so far, and only snacked on carrots, cauliflower (i love it raw), grapes, rice crackers.

Did my squats, push-ups, arm weights, exercise bike and was gonna go for a walk but it's raining so went on the treadmill for 15 mins....not much i know but i have to ease into these things or i'll just give up.

Feel crabby and tired though and was gonna gorge on chocolate but stopped myself and said to myself "am i really hungry or just craving?" so i walked away....BIG DEAL for ME!!!

Have 3 events to look forward too so want to use these as motivation.

1: Going to Darwin for a week to see my girlfriend at end of June

2: Mates 30th B'day bash also at end June (which i won't go to if i don't lose some weight).

3: Family visiting from OS again at end of June.

Positive thought for the day:

"MOTIVATION IS WHAT GETS YOU STARTED, HABIT IS WHAT KEEPS YOU GOING"
Patience&Persistence

Postby miss_viva » Fri May 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi P&P and welcome :)

Good luck with your weight loss goals. It sounds like you're on the right track now - just keep eating as well as you can, and try to do as much exercise as you can. It all adds up over a period of time, and 15 minutes is certainly better than nothing!

Try not to be too harsh on yourself - I'm sure you are a lovely person regardless of what size you are. Don't let your weight stop you from doing things with your friends. If they are true friends, they will accept you for who you are.

Best of luck :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Patience&Persistence » Sat May 08, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi & thanks Miss V.

I'm sure you're right about my friends however i hate the whole "she's put on a bit of weight" and the sideways glances and quick look up & down, it makes me feel bad and even ashamed, then other times i'm like "who cares what you think anyway"... but i do. Anyway we'll see what happens.

Gone okay today again, did my usual exercise plus got my walk in today instead of the treadmill and eating has been on track. I think my cals are around 1600-1700 which is prob a bit high for the amount of exercise i'm doing, but i get hungry and then i reach for the naughty foods so i have to eat a bit more instead.

Mother's day tomorrow and we are going to my parents where i know my mum has made my favorites (hedgehog, cookies and cake etc and bought my favorite cheese - brie) so i have to try and be strong and eat within reason and not just gorge....... i want to enjoy the day but just not end up sabotaging it. MUST BE STRONG!!! ...... and do my exercise.

Anyhoo quote for today is

"Nothing can be changed until it is faced!"
Patience&Persistence

Postby zalma » Sun May 09, 2010 6:00 pm

Yeah, we don't want to be told to our face that we've put on weight coz it hurts. I was just told by a coworker that I've put on weight :( But I realized it was a wake up call for me because I'm now watching what I eat and starting to get back to yoga. good luck to me! :)
Last edited by Jisgone on Tue May 11, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam removed
zalma

Postby Patience&Persistence » Sun May 09, 2010 8:25 pm

Thanks Zalma, yeah it hurts and then it makes it 'real' that you have put on weight and people have noticed. :oops: Goodluck with your journey.

Well today i didn't completely sabotage myself, but it certainly wasn't the best. I had cake ,hedgehog, choc and apple and walnut log and a few crisps at my parents then we had fish and chips for tea. I only ate chips and 1.5 potato cakes but i know this is still bad. (Then i had a lil icecream and a row of choc) plus this morning i had my usual breakfast. Light'n'tasty with skinny milk and diet yogurt with a bit of bran and a few sultanas.

Okay so reading that back to myself this is a BAD day.....WOW the worst thing is i can and have very easily eaten so much more than this.

Must stay focused and must stay strong!

I did all my exercise today - bike, squats, push-ups, arm weights and a walk. Tomorrow i will get back on track. I know i can do this, and i WILL do it!

PS: I have bought a skipping rope so when i get a spare mo i can have a few jumps...don't think i can go continuously for very long so sporadic jumps of the rope throughout the day should help a little bit? Hopefully the occasional burst of exercise and elevation of heart rate will do something. Can't hurt anyway.

Quote for today is:

"Use the losses and failures of the past as a reason for action not IN-action!"

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MUMS! xoxo
Patience&Persistence

Postby Patience&Persistence » Mon May 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Back into it today....wish i could just eat properly for one day and "VOILA" instant skinniness...... :roll: sigh. Yeah right. Therefore must follow the road less travelled and continue on my merry way. Slowly but surely.

You know i think one of my biggest fears is that i'm going to try to do this and not lose a single centimetre or gram and then i'll have tried so hard, not got anywhere and give up. But at the moment i'm persisting and hoping for the best.

Trying to pick a 'weigh-in' day....either Sat, Sun or Mon i reckon. So far i've been weighing myself everyday but i don't think this is good coz when the scales go up it ruins my day and i'm moody and grumpy, however if i weigh once a week and they've only moved slightly that will be disappointing and frustrating....oh who knows. I'm probably making it much more complicated and difficult than it actually is.

Have eaten well today, snacking on carrots, grapes, cauliflower, rice wheels and rice crackers. I like these foods and they taste good but something in my head says "rabbit food" and i wonder how long i will eat it for?

Have done all my exercise today, someone told me if i do the same thing everyday i will just 'plateau' and not really get anywhere, but isn't it better to do something than nothing. I have a young child and can't go to or afford a gym so have to do what i can with what i've got. Bouncing around the lounge room to a dvd isn't very appealing to me and we don't have a wii or a pole anywhere (haha) so i like to stick with my routine coz i enjoy it and know i will continue to do it.

Well that's it for today...have this voice in my head that keeps saying "It won't happen over night but it will happen!" (Tongue in cheek, but kinda true - hehe )

Quote today:

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
Patience&Persistence

Postby Patience&Persistence » Tue May 11, 2010 4:57 pm

I want to be a 3 letter word and it's not F A T (or a type of animal - hehe) ...... it's H O T ! ! ! ! !

Eaten well and exercised as per my usual routine.

Really hoping the scales have moved......I would just love to get back into the 70's at this point.

I have started a little money container and every day i stay within my cals and do all my exercise i put in $1, hopefully this will add up quickly and i can treat myself.

You know i haven't had my hair cut or coloured or anything since before Christmas because i'm too embarassed to go my hairdresser, so when my weight starts to decrease and i feel better about myself i will go and get it done.

Quote for today:

"What is not started today is never finished tomorrow."
Patience&Persistence

Postby Patience&Persistence » Wed May 12, 2010 6:15 pm

Have done all my exercise, eaten a bit more today prob will end up around 1700cals, don't know why, not hungry - just eating coz i can. I'm a 'picker' i like to graze.....however it always reminds of a saying that i heard - "Little pickers wear big knickers" Obviously didn't deter me though coz now i'm wearing big knickers.... :wink:

Quote for today:

"A firm belief in yourself is all that is needed to alter your life."
Patience&Persistence

Postby Patience&Persistence » Thu May 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Have stuck to my guns today but am having cravings BIG TIME...anything sweet Arrrrgh!!! Will have my dinner soon and then an apple for dessert (my sweet) and that will be another day down...then tomorrow comes..... Onward and upward!!!

Have done my usual mini routine of squats, lady push-ups, arm weights, ex bike, 500 jumps of skipping rope and went for a walk today too.

Hope the scales will be kind on Sat or otherwise i will wonder what the point is.

Quote for today:

"A firm belief in yourself is all that is needed to alter your life."
Patience&Persistence

Postby Patience&Persistence » Sat May 15, 2010 8:18 pm

81 on the dot today, had hoped for better being my first weigh in and all, thought i would lose that largish initial amount of weight before it slows down, however this is ok and i'm eating a bit more than i have done in the past when losing weight...hopefully it will be slow and steady.

Have been a bit naughty today, caving into my sweet cravings and had some lollies, dorito's, choc, hedgehog, fries and a sundae.....hope this doesn't damage me too much.

did my usual exercise so will have to wait and see. :roll:

Quote:

"Think happy thoughts and you can fly!"
Patience&Persistence

Postby Patience&Persistence » Sun May 16, 2010 7:18 pm

Wow, this place is full of motivation and support. Lucky i'm here for one reason and one reason alone and that's to keep track of my progress & lose weight.

Today had a relaxed day.....prob too relaxed and undid my good work, hopefully back on track tomorrow. That's the plan but i always find it very hard to get back on the wagon after falling off.

Did my exercise today minus 500 rope jumps (sore calves) but will get back into it tomoz.
Patience&Persistence

Postby FatFukShrinking » Sun May 16, 2010 7:59 pm

Hey there

I had a bad day too. I ate lots of baked potatoes smothered in butter and salt. Damn! I hate undoing my good work. I also had drinks last night. Fingers crossed it doesn't hurt our weigh in!

Keep going, it's worth it in the end :)

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby Patience&Persistence » Mon May 17, 2010 1:22 pm

Thanks FFS, your spuds sound yummo :wink:

Seem to be back into it today...well at the moment anyway. Feel very tired and kinda crappola actually, i guess eating crap makes you feel like crap.

Have so far done my squats, push-ups, arm weights, ex bike, 450 jumps of rope and gone for a walk (50 rope jumps to go and thats' it for me for today- i like to get it all out the way early)

Have had brekky, a carrot for a snack, some grapes and some rice wheels, will have my pasta and tomato soup soon which fills me up (all be it only for a little while) and keeps me warm in this COLD weather Brrrrrr
YUK!!! I feel like my trick is to not wait to eat until i'm starving and then shovel anything i can get my hands on into my gob, but when i start to get hungry make a healthy and hopefully satisfying choice so that then i'm full and don't need the garbage after all. The real trick is actually DOING this trick. I guess it's a massive leap forward to know what my trigger is and now try to do something about it.

Quote:

"Never stop doing your best just because one person doesn't give you credit."
Patience&Persistence

Postby FatFukShrinking » Mon May 17, 2010 4:39 pm

I do that!

I have a bad habit of not eating all day, then at the end of the day... up until i go to bed, i feast! I haven't been doing that with my new diet. It's really hard to get into the habit of eating regular portion controlled meals.

Good work with all that exercise!

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous