It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Fresh start

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Fresh start

Postby nothing2lose » Mon May 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi PP

Reading your posts reminds me of myself. Kind of depressing but also comforting knowing I am not the only one. Why does it have to be so hard??? I have said in a previous post that food is an addiction. I truly believe that. I really wish you luck. If it's any comfort to you, I would kill to weigh 80kgs. Kind of ironic hey!

take care :)
LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE A THIN PERSON....AND EVENTUALLY YOUR BODY WILL MATCH YOUR LIFESTYLE!

HW - September 2008 - 121.3kg :( :(
SW - 16 May 2010 - 110.4 kg :(
New SW - 6 January 2011 - 108 kg :(
First GW 99kg :) My aim is to reach this goal by April 15, 2011
nothing2lose

Postby FatFukShrinking » Tue May 18, 2010 1:18 am

I remember being 80 kilos and at the time i thought it was HUGE. I wanted to be 50 kilos and considered myself to be 30 kilos overweight. Now i realise how 80 kilos was really not that big, and wanting to be 50 kilos was somewhat unrealistic!

I am an example of how weight can creep on if you let it. One minute i was in the 80's, the next i was 100 kilos... after that i didn't weigh myself because i didn't want to know how big i was. It's better to deal with your weight asap instead of putting it off, even if you only have a 5 kilos to lose.

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby Patience&Persistence » Wed May 19, 2010 5:19 pm

Hey N2L and FFS,

I agree, i think food is an addiction too - sometimes you seriously canNOT stop, even though you dont even want it.

I know 80kg (or even 83) isn't huge but for me it is the biggest i have ever been except when i was pregnant and i am very aware of how uncomfortable and self conscious i feel. I have had to start buying new clothes because my old ones don't fit very well, and this was my 'wake-up' moment coz i didn't want to have to fork out all this money to re-do my wardrobe when there is nothing wrong with the clothes i have except that they're tight and uncomfortable and my belts are on their last notch.

I am having sweet cravings again today (i have a MAJOR sweet tooth) but trying to persist and tell myself that it's really not going to take that long to lose weight, time seems to fly and i can hardly believe it's less than 2 weeks till winter (YUK) & we're half way through the year already. SO if i put in the hard yards now then hopefully soon i can release the reigns a little bit, feel better and get my confidence back as well as my clothes on.

Shame i left it so long coz now the cold weather is coming i always seem to want to eat more.

Anyway am going okay still for the mo and am doing all my usual exercise and staying within my cals of around 1600-1700.

Quote:

"The thing always happens that you really believe in, and the belief in a thing makes it happen."
Patience&Persistence

Postby Patience&Persistence » Thu May 20, 2010 7:44 pm

Busy today so not much time to think about food (thankgod) did all my exercise and stayed within cals so that's another day under my belt.

Quote today shall be:

"Don't let anyone steal your dream, it's your dream not theirs."
Patience&Persistence

Postby Patience&Persistence » Sat May 22, 2010 8:50 pm

Friggin 81 again today and that totally sux coz i have exercised all week and eaten within my cals and been good all week and nothing!!!!! PIGDOGS!!!! Grrrrrr, what the hell? I tell you what i am eating a damn site less than i used too and a hell of alot better with much less calories and absolutely freakin nothing..... WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What am i going to do now..this is a make or break moment. Surely if i persist the scales will go down, if this is where they're going to stay then what's the point????
Patience&Persistence

Postby nothing2lose » Sun May 23, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi P&P

I know how demoralising that can be. Thinking you are doing all the things you are meant to but not seeing the outcomes you would like. If you don't mind me asking, are you just using calorie counting as a tool? Perhaps it could be the type of food you are eating. For instance, I have polycystic ovaries which results in my body not processing carbohydrates/sugars like "normal" people. So I need to make sure that my daily calorific intake is low in carbs, etc. I need to get my calories from things my body can better process - like proteins, vegetables, etc - so it doesnt store as fat. It's a bit like being a diabetic - kind of, sort of, not really :lol:
Another thing which struck me when reading your post - and tell me to pull my head in if you like! - is that 1600-1700 cal a day might be a little on the high side for someone of your weight in order to lose weight. Sorry - don't get angry at me for saying that!!!! I say it with the best of intentions :) My understanding is that most women need to follow a 1300-1500 cal per day plan (unless they are very overweight, etc). But then I dont know your circumstances. You may be really active, you may be breast feeding, you may be following the advice of a doctor/dietician, etc, etc. I really dont want to offend you. It is just a suggestion you may want to think about. Like I said, just tell me to pull my head in :)

Yours in support - and anger that all the best things in the world have wayyyy too many calories,

N2L
LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE A THIN PERSON....AND EVENTUALLY YOUR BODY WILL MATCH YOUR LIFESTYLE!

nothing2lose

Postby Patience&Persistence » Mon May 24, 2010 10:05 am

Hey N2L,

I'm not offended in the least. I thought i was doing enough daily exercise. each day i walk about 20-30mins, ride ex bike for 30-35mins, skip rope for 500 jumps, do push-ups, squats and arm weights.

Food wise i thought i ate quite well, breakfast is usually 50g light'n'tasty mixed with bran, a dollop of "for me" no fat yogurt and skinny milk with about 6 sultanas thrown in. Morning snack maybe a carrot, i snack on about 200g of grapes throughout the day, around 12ish i have a small pkt of rice wheels (70cals per pkt), lunch is usually veg and pasta soup around 170cals, then late arvo i might have another bowl of cereal (same as breakfast) then dinner is whatever maybe omellete, small serve of low fat lasagne, lean cuisine etc (always around 300-350cals) and then an apple for dessert. If i get hungry during the day i might have a few rice crackers.
I am 175cm tall. I work 2 jobs part-time, have a 2 year old and a teenager who i run around after and keep relatively busy.

Anyway maybe i am eating too much, but i find i get very hungry otherwise and then i'm VERY grumpy and snappy (more than usual...hehe) well so i'm told by my husband and kids. :?

Thanks for your post, what do you think now you have all my info??? I'm a bit lost.
Patience&Persistence

Postby Patience&Persistence » Mon May 31, 2010 1:40 pm

80.8 which still sux, geez all i'm trying to do at this point is get back into the bloody 70's.

Doesn't look like i'll be going out any time soon and really not looking forward to wearing my bathers in Darwin. :(
Patience&Persistence

Postby nothing2lose » Mon May 31, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi P&P

I had a not so great week as well. It's a pain in the ar5e that you are doing all this and not seeing the results :x . It is tempting to go and eat (and eat)(and eat!). I guess we have to stick at it because you never know, the weight fairies might have a big surprise loss for us next weigh in. Keep up the fight!

n2l

nothing2lose

Postby HappyGirl83 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Heya just a suggestion, if you can afford it, have you thought about getting a heart rate monitor? It will tell you how many calories you are burning while exercising and let you know if your heart is actually pumping hard enough! I know before mine I was grossly under estimating how high my heart rate was during working out. Just a thought, I know mine has helped me gazillion fold, I wouldn't be without mine.

Good luck with it all!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby Patience&Persistence » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:23 pm

Thanks n2l, at the mo i'm still plodding along and hoping for a good result this Sat...fingers crossed.

Happygirl, how much is a heart monitor roughly and where do you get one? I have a pedometer but this sounds more informative.

Quote:

"For every person who doubts you, tells you you will fail, try twice as hard and prove them wrong!"
Patience&Persistence

Postby court » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Hey PnP

Just read through your post and find it quite interesting! I started at 92kgs (a few years back) got to 80 then never thought i would be able to hit the 70's! now I am 68kgs..

From what I have read of your post it sounds like you are doing swimmingly!

I eat 1200-1500 cals and work out quite a lot myself... i reckon at 1500cals with minimum 2L of water a day with the exercise you do it will come off! It is just about persistence :) I started this in 2007 and it is a continual process :D From your post it sounds like you are eating less in the morning and more in the evening and night? I have 6 small meals a day and find that I am not so ravenous at night anymore and if i get those craving at night i have a 50cal jarrah hot choc.

best of luck ill be keeping an eye on your post :)
court

Postby Patience&Persistence » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi Court,

yep still trying to persist but today the scales haven't budged AGAIN. This is utterly ridiculous. Granted that last weekend i wasn't as strict as i should've been but ALL week i have stayed within my cals of around 1300-1500 (i lowered my intake slightly) and NOTHING!!! This is total BS and i really can't understand it.

To be at this weight before i started trying to lose the kg's i could eat all manner of crap and alot of it totally blowing out my cals and now i'm trying to lose the weight and restricting what i eat plus exercising more and the scales aren't moving. I don't get it. Maybe i'm just supposed to be this weight, but i really don't want to be and i really want to lose it. What am i going to do, i'm very sad and VERY frustrated? :cry:
Patience&Persistence

Postby FatFukShrinking » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Don't give up! Maybe your body has gotten used to what you are doing? People make the mistake of doing the same exercise all the time, and eating the same things. Shake it up and do something totally different this week, sometimes you have to shock your body into losing some weight... not by reducing your calories even more, just by changing it up a bit.

It sounds crazy but it can work.

Food wise i thought i ate quite well, breakfast is usually 50g light'n'tasty mixed with bran, a dollop of "for me" no fat yogurt and skinny milk with about 6 sultanas thrown in. Can you change to oats? Use cinnamon, nutmeg, stevia to flavour. Or a chopped up piece of fruit?

Morning snack maybe a carrot, i snack on about 200g of grapes throughout the day, can you swap the grapes for something else? Almonds? Eat about 10

around 12ish i have a small pkt of rice wheels (70cals per pkt), can you avoid packaged foods? would you be able to make yourself a fresh vegetable juice? a glass of veggie juice is really filling... you can play around with the flavours... try to keep it mainly vegetable based though

lunch is usually veg and pasta soup around 170cals, is this out of a can or home made? do you have to use the pasta? could you make a chicken and vegetable soup instead? the protein from the chicken will be good for you.. you don't seem like you eat enough protein

then late arvo i might have another bowl of cereal (same as breakfast) - cereal isn't that good for you, i would skip this and snack on veggies, nuts, etc

then dinner is whatever maybe omellete, small serve of low fat lasagne, lean cuisine etc (always around 300-350cals) - where is your protein? eggs have protein but what about the lasagne? the pasta isn't that good for you, try having a palm size piece of skinless chicken, or a piece or fish, and steamed vegetables, load up on the vegetables

and then an apple for dessert. If i get hungry during the day i might have a few rice crackers.
I am 175cm tall. I work 2 jobs part-time, have a 2 year old and a teenager who i run around after and keep relatively busy.

You can tell me to shut up at any time lol. This is just something i am throwing out there. It doesn't seem like you eat enough protein, and you have a lot of packaged foods and not enough vegetables.

I would try something like this:

Breakfast: oats / piece of fruit chopped into it / milk / flavour with cinnamon, stevia, nutmeg etc OR 2 poached eggs - 2 pieces of wholemeal / multigrain toast.

Mid morning - Choose from nuts, a piece of low GI fruit, vegetables like carrots or celery cut into sticks and dipped in some home made healthy dip...

Lunch - Soup made with lots of vegetables and chicken / lean meat - that gives you protein. If you have to eat at work you could take it in a microwaveable container and heat it up. Home made soups are best because you know exactly what is in it .. OR a salad with a can of tuna dumped in it, quick and healthy

Mid afternoon - Fight off the afternoon hunger with a fresh vegetable and fruit juice, if you have to work... make it before work or the night before and put it in a drink bottle. Keep it in the work fridge and give it a shake before you drink. The juice should keep for a day or so, so it will be ok to make it ahead of time.

Late afternoon - if you are hungry, snack on almonds, carrot sticks and the like

Dinner - a palm size protein serve, eggs, fish, chicken, lean meats, tofu, cottage cheese - lots of vegetables

After dinner - 2 squares of dark 70-80% cocoa chocolate OR a jarrah hot drink ... or maybe a low fat yogurt occasionally

Try to eat every 2-3 hours.. don't eat all your food in one go. Try and cut right back on those packaged dinners and snacks and replace them with more basic foods. Hope this helps a little bit.

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby skinnyforsummer » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:25 pm

hey!
my name is susie and i'm brand new to this site.
i have been on like 5 or 6 diets already this year all last between 1-2 weeks and i just feel like such a failure!!
i have about 11kgs to lose but hoping to lose at least 5kgs before the start of december so a bit more that one a week!
im trying the CSIRO healthy eating plan because although it isnt the fastest way to lose weight, im looking for a way to lose healthily and forever!
i dont have a lot of encouragement and my motivation tends to disappear! id love to help encourage everyone if they could do the same for me :)
skinnyforsummer

Previous

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous