It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:51 pm

Free Newsletter

needing some help please

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

needing some help please

Postby sekabe » Tue May 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Hey everyone, im wanting to lose about 10kgs. I have already lost 10kgs but i done it by starving myself and eating one small meal a day and alot of exercise. With this ten i wanna do it the right way.. problem is i have no idea when or what to eat! So just asking if you guys could give me some ideas on what to eat and when. I dont have much time to cook meals throughout the day and im happy with eating small amounts i just want some simple easy ideas to get me going. I have lost all motivation because the only way i know how to lose weight is so unhealthy and i dread every day of doing it. If anyone cud give me a meal plan for a day that would be great ! Thanks in advance to everyone that replies and good luck on you weight loss journeys :D
oh and just in case it helps im 90 kgs
SW 99kg
GW 80kg
CW 89kgs
sekabe

Re: needing some help please

Postby kristal » Thu May 20, 2010 3:42 pm

At least you can identify how unhealthy your first weight loss mission was, that is step one. Definately try a healthier way and your body will thank you for it and you will probably be much happier within yourself also.

I have found that small amounts spread throughout the day is better for me. Doesn't require much preparation either.

Breakfast I can have a piece of toast with jam, or I boil up a whole heap of eggs on a Sunday night and then I have a boiled egg already prepared for me in the morning.

I usually have a low fat yoghurt around 11am.

A few bits of turkey or ham around 12.30pm

My lunch usually consists of about 100g chicken with some balsamic vinegar and grated carrot at about 1pm.

3pm is 6 vita weats with skinny hommus

4pm is a mandarin

7pm is dinner of usually steak or pork.

I also get those Double D sugar free lollies to suck on during the day if I get hungry and about 5 green teas with plenty of water.

I just find that phsychologically I feel I am eating HEAPS because I am constantly eating if you know what I mean? But if you add it all up, it is usually about 1200 calories, 20 grams of fat, 80 grams of carbs.
SW - 71 kg
CW - 65 kg
GW - 58 kg
Weight Loss so Far = 6kgs
Weight to go = 7kgs
kristal

Re: needing some help please

Postby FatFukShrinking » Thu May 20, 2010 4:15 pm

I agree with the previous poster. I find it better to eat all the time, even if you aren't actually hungry. You want to be eating before you get to that crazy hungry stage, that's the point where you are tempted to binge. I have done the starvation thing and it does work, but you can only sustain that for so long and it is torture. Your body starts hanging onto weight when it realises you are starving it. It also damages your body - you will get gall stones and things like that, it will only make it harder for you to lose weight in the future.

You will lose more weight in the long run if you eat small meals every 2-3 hours. Cut off your eating time, like if you eat dinner at 7pm - don't eat anything else for the night. Or cut off your food about 3 hours before you go to sleep. Drink lots of water. I used to drink 2 litres a day, now i drink 3 litres because it is more appropriate for my size. Eat protein often. Chicken, lean meats, tuna / fish, cottage cheese, eggs, tofu ... things like that.

Try and eat 3 main meals a day, and 2-3 smaller meals. Eat protein in all your main meals. Don't skip breakfast, breakfast is like turning the key in ignition of a car and starting the engine. Breakfast starts your engine, it gets your metabolism going.

Eat and drink evenly through the day, by that i mean... don't skip breakfast and then drink 1 litre of water at 1pm and eat 3 meals. Exercise - do whatever you can do. It really will help you. I don't do much exercise because i'm so out of shape, but and i truly believe it helps me. I'm slowly building up my endurance.

Switch to wholemeal or multigrain breads. Eat vegetables.

Watch your sodium intake...

Kristals daily menu sounds good. I'd be trying something like that and seeing how you go.

Don't deny yourself. I still eat chocolate, i switched to Lindt dark chocolate 70% cocoa.

Best of luck with it all :)

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous