It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Im getting desperate :(

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Im getting desperate :(

Postby TanyaG » Thu May 20, 2010 10:00 am

For the last 6 months ive been going to the Gym 3 times a week and eating sensibly...ive lost 5kgs and have another 15kg to go (ignore my ticker)...my BMI is 27 which is still really high...im getting desperate because i seem to have hit a wall...im not sure whether to just keep going at the gym or see my Dr and get help from a pill of some sort..

Current weight: 87kgs
Goal weight: 70kgs
TanyaG

Re: Im getting desperate :(

Postby FatFukShrinking » Thu May 20, 2010 10:19 am

Hi

First thing i would do is write down everything you eat. Keep a dead honest food diary, then take a look at it and work out just how healthy it is for you. How much sodium is in your diet? Post your food intake up on here and maybe some people can give you better alternatives. Sometimes we think we are eating healthy, but there are better options.

With the exercise... what type of exercise are you doing? I would really encourage you to use weights and do squats. Lifting weights helps build lean muscle mass, and muscle helps you burn fat. Don't worry you won't end up looking like a man.... it's actually really hard to build muscle.

Also.... if you aren't eating ENOUGH food... that can slow weight loss down. You really need to be eating 5-6 times a day. 3 main meals and 2-3 smaller. Eat protein with as many meals as you can.

Drink plenty of water.

These are just my opinions, they may or may not be right for you. I just think when you work at it that long and don't see decent results, you need to change your approach. Don't give up!

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby Akasha » Thu May 20, 2010 10:34 am

FatFukShrinking wrote:Hi

First thing i would do is write down everything you eat. Keep a dead honest food diary, then take a look at it and work out just how healthy it is for you. How much sodium is in your diet? Post your food intake up on here and maybe some people can give you better alternatives. Sometimes we think we are eating healthy, but there are better options.

With the exercise... what type of exercise are you doing? I would really encourage you to use weights and do squats. Lifting weights helps build lean muscle mass, and muscle helps you burn fat. Don't worry you won't end up looking like a man.... it's actually really hard to build muscle.

Also.... if you aren't eating ENOUGH food... that can slow weight loss down. You really need to be eating 5-6 times a day. 3 main meals and 2-3 smaller. Eat protein with as many meals as you can.

Drink plenty of water.

These are just my opinions, they may or may not be right for you. I just think when you work at it that long and don't see decent results, you need to change your approach. Don't give up!

Great advice

Dont go for the pill - it wont help you need to learn to control yourself and learn about your body rather then take a pill which has no guarentee of sucess
Akasha

Postby lalacruz » Thu May 20, 2010 2:20 pm

You are doing great!! looks like you having a great, balanced, healthy life style.

but, if I may suggest something...

you see, just 7 weeks ago I was weighting 93kg. I was on several diets and exercise programs through my life, and then I discovered a perfect solution for me. It's a book by french doctor Pierre Dukan and it's the most efficient diet I've ever been on. Now 7 weeks later with almost no exercise and eating as much as I want I am 12kg lighter!! So now I'm 81kg. My goal is 67. The Dukan diet it's pretty much protein diet, so you have to love meat to stick to it.
Google it and see what's it all about, it's huge in Europe and England.

here is the link to the article http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2010/04/ ... -epidemic/

and here is the link to the British official web-site
http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/

I am a big supporter of healthy, balance lifestyle, but this diet leads to it.
It is true, you are for a while on quite restrict diet, but as you moving from phase to phase, you eventually getting into this moment, when you weight as much as you wanted, and the only effort is to keep it :)) not to loose it! and there is a chapter in the book of how to keep it off!

good luck!!
lalacruz

Postby kristal » Thu May 20, 2010 3:37 pm

I agree with the first posters advice.

You may be doing great with the exercise but are you doing the same sorts of exercising each time? Maybe you need to change it up a bit as I hear that sometimes your body can get really use to the same exercises every week? Mix it up a bit.

Drink tonnes of water. I am forever at the bathroom but I drink my two litres of water every day and up to 5 glasses of green tea. It really does help flush your system.

Also mix up your food a bit. Are you eating the same things day in and day out? Once again your body can use to that. I actually find that the weeks that I slip up and eat a bit naughty (usually a Sunday for me!) it actually helps to kick start my metobolism and doesn't always see the weight loss come to a stop. I am not saying to go out and gorge on food one day a week, but don't put pressure on yourself if you want to have a little naughty something as it can sometimes be a good thing.

I think the food journal is also one of the best things. Get the Allan Borushek's Calorie Counter ($10 from most newsagencies), set up an exercise book and keep yourself on track.

It sounds like you are being very healthy though which is the main thing when it comes to weight management, keep up the good work.
SW - 71 kg
CW - 65 kg
GW - 58 kg
Weight Loss so Far = 6kgs
Weight to go = 7kgs
kristal

Postby TanyaG » Thu May 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks for the advice...

I have a food diary and i eat small 3x a day and have a couple healthy snacks as well...i try to mix up the foods i eat and avoid things like white bread, sugar and salt...i drink about a litre of water a day as well...
The exercises i do are in a circuit so they are the same machines..sometimes we go in reverse though to mix it up as well...
It just seems like its taking aggessss to come off...

Current weight: 87kgs
Goal weight: 70kgs
TanyaG

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous