It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:45 pm

Free Newsletter

Skinny's back to start fresh!!!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Skinny's back to start fresh!!!

Postby skinny on the inside » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:28 pm

I started posting here in November last year but fell off the wagon. Since then I have actually gained 4 kilos so I now have 32 kilos to lose. When I stopped posting I had just started on the Kate Morgan programme....that lasted 4 days & I will never go on a meal replacement diet ever again!! My next attempt was Lite n Easy. I really thought it was going to work & I did lose 1kg in the first week but it was just too expensive & I started going off track after the second week. I have had alot of emotional family issues over the last 6 months so my weight loss journey was put on hold YET AGAIN. I have recently come to the conclusion that the person closest to me is actually sabotaging my efforts to be healthy & in control of my life again. I've had enough. I've had enough of feeling miserable, uncomfortable, unhealthy, unfit, inadequate & out of control. I'm going to get my old self back.
New starting weight: 94.1 kg
First goal: to get under 90 kg's
Next goal: 85 kg by end of Feb
Short term goal: 70 kg by end of Jun
Long term goal: 60 kg by X-Mas

skinny on the inside

Re: Skinny's back to start fresh!!!

Postby Wanttobesz12 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi Skinny, You sound like me! Try everything, lasts a little while then Wham! Your looking at the scales and your heading up again! I would love to do weekly weigh ins with you to help motivate each other!
I know what I have to do and I just can't seem to do it! I just can't stop myself putting those sweet, yummy things in my mouth!! And its super hard with a 1 and 3 year old!!
I want to set a good example tot hem but seem to just loose all will power when i see anything related to Chocolate!
Help me!!! As i am only new to here, I am hoping if I can buddy up with someone who will DRILL me for not loosing that weight, but also give eachother the praise deserved when we do succeed, then maybe I might be able to motivate myself to keep going.
What do you think?
I am currently 82.6kg and would love to be 70kg! 65kg would be an ultimate!!!
Are you up for a challenge?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWMzVZh/]
[/url]

SW: 82kg - July 2010
1st MG: 75kg by end of October 2010
2nd MG: 70kg by end of Jan 2011
ULTIMATE GOAL: 67kg!! Its a long journey ahead. But I will get there with baby steps and support! Thanks!
Wanttobesz12

Postby skinny on the inside » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi there Wanttobesz12,

I'll be your weight loss buddy, sure thing. :D We can keep each other on track. I'll be weighing in on Saturdays in the weigh in section. I doubt whether I will lose this week though because I only just started being healthy as of today. We both need to focus on what we have to do & forget about past failures. Eat healthy food, watch portion sizes, try and just go for a walk at least 4 times a week, stop the emotional & boredom eating & ignore sabotage (in my case). I'm not a chocoholic like you, I crave all the savoury stuff. Have you tried just having a low fat hot chocolate or a mini chocky bar to keep the cravings away?

It is hard with little ones. I have a 2 yr old but I do make excuses not to excercise. Kids are pretty portable after all :lol:

Send me a PM if you just want to chat off line.

Good luck & will chat soon!!!!

skinny on the inside

Postby Wanttobesz12 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Sweet! I will do my weigh in on Monday on your section if thats ok? Then we can keep up to date with weight there? Is that ok?

Yes I try to do the hot Chocs but it just does not do the job! I need the real thing! Its mainly the temptation that gets me. I just can't say NO!! I wish i could. I will be shopping and see that the bars are on special and I just can't refuse them! I need stronger will power! So hopefully you can help there! Its all such a mental struggle!!

I run almost every morning. I run for about 15-20 mins on the weekday and one bigger run on the weekend. It [email protected] me because I do that kind of exercise then ruin it by shoving bad food in my gob just knowing its not necessary! But can't stop!!

I also find I eat double of everything. I eat a little of the boys left over breaky and lunch and dinner! And because I don't eat with them, I usually eat after them, I end up eating more then I need! AAARRRGGGH!!! Very frustrated!

BTW, who is sabotaging your efforts? and in what way?

We can do this!! Come on! Lets be that size we want where we can feel great in anything we see on a hanger in a shop. Just not the selective larger sizes!! LETS DO IT!!
[/url]

ULTIMATE GOAL: 67kg!! Its a long journey ahead. But I will get there with baby steps and support! Thanks!
Wanttobesz12

Postby skinny on the inside » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Hey hey sz12,

Probably best to create a new post in the weekly weigh in section, that way it's easy for other people to check your progress & help with encouragement. I will be keeping an eye on you to help though :)

YES, WE CAN DO THIS!!! I am so determined as I have come to breaking point. I sooooo understand what you mean about mental struggle. I have done alot of thinking over the last few days & have come to the realisation that I'm taking care of everyone except myself. I'm stuffing my face with unhealthy comfort food & not even thinking about it. I think we both need to consciously think about food for what it is...fuel for our bodies to work efficiently. I'm sure you will agree that our bodies are NOT working efficiently!!!! When cravings for old favourites hit...think about it. Why are we not allowing ourselves to be healthy. We wouldn't deprive our children of healthy food or feed them constantly with chocolate, fatty food, lashings of butter, fatty cheese, junk food etc etc, so why do we fail ourselves. We are worthy, we are entitled to be healthy, fit, strong, confident & loved Damn it!!!!! It's time to take control I say.

You are so good for jogging. I havn't done even a walk for ages. Keep making those excuses. I used to jog & I really enjoyed it. I know what it feels like to ruin all your hard work with overeating.

We are BOTH going to exercise tomorrow & WILL feel good about it & will think before eating anything that will ruin our efforts.

Good luck :D :D

skinny on the inside

Postby skinny on the inside » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Went for a long walk this morning. It was freezing cold outside but I didn't care, I was determined to do some exercise & I really enjoyed it. I am going to walk for at least 45 minutes everyday unless it's pouring down.

Had a 1 kg loss this week which is fantastic considering that I didn't 'start again' until mid week.

Hope everyone else is doing good :)

skinny on the inside

Postby Wanttobesz12 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:00 pm

WOOT WOOT!!

That is fantastic!! Well done! Imagine what it will be like when you have a full week of healthy eating!! You go girl!

And super effort for going for a walk! You said you would and look at you!! Great start to this empowerment!

As for your previous post, are you a personal trainer?????!!!! That was deeply inspiring! Thank you so much. Its so nice to read such positive and motivating affirmations! Everything you said is so true.

We can do this! I think one of the key things you said was what food is to us. Fuel! I really need to adapt the theory of Eat to Live, Not live to eat!

I am very excited about the coming months. Look out world!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjIi9T6/]
[/url]

Wanttobesz12

Postby skinny on the inside » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Ha Ha....Me...a personal trainer :lol: :lol: :lol:

Went to a friend's house for tea last night so didn't really have much control over what I ate but I just had smaller portions than what I normally would. Went for another long walk this morning & I really enjoyed the feeling of getting some fresh air & exercise. I think alot when I'm walking & I realised that I haven't been able to lose the weight so far because the amount of kg's I need to lose has been a bit overwhelming. Too hard, can't do it, what's the point etc etc. So I am going to take it a week at a time. Yes, I need to lose 31 kg's but this coming week I only want to lose 1 kg so that's what I am going to focus on.

:)

skinny on the inside

Postby skinny on the inside » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:39 pm

Ok, really scared about weigh in tomorrow as I haven't been as good as I would have liked this week. I'm still determined that I will get there though.

skinny on the inside

Postby Wanttobesz12 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:25 am

So whats the verdict?? I am waiting to see your results!!

Good luck!!!
[/url]

Wanttobesz12

Postby skinny on the inside » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:12 pm

.5 kg gain. Grrrrrrr!!! I've made a post on weekly weigh in (reluctantly) :D Hope your doing better sz12.

skinny on the inside

Postby skinny on the inside » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:31 pm

Having another bad week. I've decided to go back on weight watchers but I'm doing it online instead of going to meetings. Start again tomorrow.

skinny on the inside

Postby Wanttobesz12 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:26 pm

Just saw this after I wrote on your other post.

WW online was great for me. But i did find it pretty similar to CK but without the cost. Why did you choose WW?
[/url]

Wanttobesz12

Postby skinny on the inside » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:04 pm

I chose WW because I've had more success with it previously than I have with CK. I also find having a points limit easier to keep track of rather than calories for some reason. It's costing me less than $10 a week so I thought I'd give it another go. :)

skinny on the inside

Postby Wanttobesz12 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:41 pm

$10 a week is great! Yeah i did love the points limit. It was really easy to work with.

I also purchased a little mini calculator that worked out the points for me. It was great. I took it everywhere with me.

Me
[/url]

Wanttobesz12

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous