It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:36 am

Free Newsletter

Sticking to it for good this time!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Sticking to it for good this time!

Postby Alexandria_ » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:32 pm

Being only 19, I've found it hard to stick to diets and exercise while all my friends are out partying and eating junk food.

When I was at high-school I was the school's fat kid and was teased a lot - and back then I only weighed 70kg!! Because of that teasing, and moving house to somewhere where I felt quite isolated, I put on quite a lot of weight.
I tried doing healthy eating plans, but only managed to stick with it for a month at a time.

Last week was the heaviest I have been, weighing in at 101kg, at 163cm tall.
This time I want to stick to my plan for good!
I'm recording my weight loss on this site, and on a chart I keep in my bedroom so I can gradually watch my weight go down.
I'm hoping to be at 63kg by mid-October next year.

What type of things keep you motivated to stick to your plan?
For me, I think it's mainly the way I look. I don't want to be pointed at, hate photos of me, or have to wear size 18-22 clothing. I'm still really young, and I want to live a fun life.
Also, I want to look good for the special time when I do get married. I want to fit into my mums old wedding dress, which is a size 14.
I know a wedding is quite a few years off for me, but it's one of my motivations.
I've still got a cupboard of old clothes that are in between size 14 and 16 and I can't wait to fit into them again.
But most of all, I want to be healthy. I want to live a long happy life, and never feel low about myself.
During my weight loss journey, I also hope to find a cure to my depression and anxiety. So this journey means quite a lot to me.

I'd love to hear what you'd like to get out of losing your weight and what motivates you :)
Alexandria's weight loss!

Starting weight: 101kg (20.7.10)
Short-term goal: 95kg by 3.09.10
Long-term goal: 63kg
Alexandria_

Re: Sticking to it for good this time!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:22 pm

Welcome to the forum, Alexandria!

I'm really sorry to hear that you were teased so much about your weight. It would be great if we could decide on our weight loss based solely on how we feel, not on how other people view us. Always remember you're gorgeous regardless of your weight. It's the idiots that teased you who have the problem, not you!

I'd be lying if I were to say that looking good wasn't a motivation for my wanting to lose weight, but I'm kinder to myself now than I was when I was young. I want to be a healthy weight for me, not according to what a magazine cover says is good looking. It sounds like you have a healthy attitude to weight loss and how you want to look, so good on you! I wish I had such a positive attitude when I was younger.

My main motivation to stick to losing weight right now is health. I need to lose weight to get into my healthy BMI range, to help my plantar fasciitis (a painful foot condition that is exacerbated by carrying extra weight), and to assist me with trying to conceive later this year. I want to start running again, when I have time, and being a few kilos lighter will make that easier! I want to fit into all the damn clothes I've bought from overseas on eBay that, thanks to the confusions of international clothes sizes, I managed to buy in a size too small!

I hope you enjoy sharing your weight loss journey here. I've found it a terrifically friendly place full of great people and great advice. I'm looking forward to reading your posts here!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Re: Sticking to it for good this time!

Postby Alexandria_ » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Thanks a lot Ali.
I can already tell that this forum will be a big area of support and motivation for me.
I can't wait to fit into all my old clothes in the back of my cupboard again!
Alexandria's weight loss!

Starting weight: 101kg (20.7.10)
Short-term goal: 95kg by 3.09.10
Long-term goal: 63kg
Alexandria_

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous