It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:36 pm

Free Newsletter

I want a baby :(

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

I want a baby :(

Postby Siege-a-licious » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi everyone,

Im only new here and im needing some advice about what weight loss is best for fertility.
My husband and I have been TTC for 3.5 years now, and I have recently been diagnosed with Polcystic Ovaries, although I do not have the Sydrome - which I guess is a good start.
I have a "verander tummy" as my husband calls it :lol:, so I am wanting to know what are the best exercises to get rid of my overhanging tum and in turn, help me to conceive a precious wee bubba.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated :)
Me 25 Him 28
TTC #1 since March 2007

Doing this for our babies in waiting!

Siege-a-licious

Re: I want a baby :(

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:22 pm

This site has advice on what to eat while trying to conceive. I've read reports that losing as little as 5kg greatly increases your chances of conception. Whatever you do, don't go on an extreme diet that cuts out entire food groups or limits your nutrients. A good solution might be the Low GI diet, where you swap high GI carbs that release sugar quickly into the bloodstream (sugar, processed carbs, potatoes, etc.) with low GI carbs that research blood sugar slower, making you feel fuller for longer (wholegrains, chickpeas, sweet potatoes, etc.)

Good luck, Siege-a-licious. I'm trying to conceive right now, but have only just started. Fingers crossed for both of us!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Shay » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:43 pm

I also was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries, and had a big one of almost 6cm. Last Dec they removed it because they were scared it might spontaneously burst and cause some damage and much pain.

Long story short, i got pregnant in March and will be in my third trimester tomorrow! I have almost always been a good eater and physically active, and these two things (esp low GI like Ali mentioned) are very important. I think there's a few books out on how to conceive with PCOS which might still be useful for you, as they also contain recipes, exercise plans etc.
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby dragonfly » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:59 pm

i dont believe being over weight as such causes infertility. you can be overweight and concieve and carry a baby fine. its not ideal, but can be done. having PCOS makes things hard, regardless of weight. i have skinny friends with this condition who TTC for years, then suddenly fell pregnant. getting the right diet for pcos, and following a healthy eating plan will be more benefit, and the weightloss that comes with is secondary.
as previous poster mentioned, often loosing 5-10kilos somehow kicks your body into gear and helps with ovulation, and the correct hormones needed to keep a successful pregnancy. I am super fertile, but at one stage was TTC for months, until I lost 10kilos and fell pregnant the next month.
my sister in law has PCOS and has 2 kids, and now has been trying for a 3rd for 6 years.
stay positive, and believe in the best. get your body into the best healhty state posible. eat fresh and wholesome foods, and make sure you have correct iron levels and take a folic acid supliment.
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous