It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:52 pm

Free Newsletter

Another 16kg to go.

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Another 16kg to go.

Postby sizing_down » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:38 am

Another because I've already lost at least that much. I just don't know exactly what I weighed when I started. What I do know is that when I got engaged to my husband back in '05 I was 65kg and that after having my 2nd baby in '08 I was over 100kg :oops:
I packed it on with baby no.1 because I was a physical wreck and couldn't excercise at all- and I had a lot of odema. I lost 10kg before falling with baby no.2 but put it all back on within the first couple of months.
Our 3rd baby is now 5 months old and I'd lost quite a lot before falling pg with her (gained some of it back) and have lost even more since having her but I really don't know where I started from :?

I vividly remember the day I got on the scales and I was in the 80s, and again the morning I stepped on the scales to find myself in the 70s. I'm holding out for the day I'm looking at a weight below 65kg because then I'll be lighter than I have ever been in my adult life. I still have a long way to go but I want to be able to feel good about my body so I'm sticking it out even when the comfort food is calling.

Just looking for some encouragement and support because it's pretty lacking around here :(
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYY4HVE/]
[/url]

12 Week Challenge Goal 28th Febuary 2011 68.6kg

Starting weight: September '10 83kg
sizing_down

Re: Another 16kg to go.

Postby brendan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:44 am

That's a real shame when you can't get support at home. Sometimes, if you have repeatedly tried to lose weight in the past, it more difficult to make people believe that you are really serious this time.

Welcome to the forum, you will get all the support you need here.

Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby sizing_down » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:58 pm

I've just been to my godson's first birthday party. I ate chocolate mudcake. I actually feel ill and I'm surprised I haven't been sick!
Worse though I'm looking at the photos now and I look like a giant lump :oops:
15kg seems an awfully long way away right now :(
[/url]

sizing_down

Postby Metalcharm » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:21 pm

No use belting yourself up over a piece of cake. Have a nice healthy dinner and get back on track. We can't go through our lives without a little indulgence every now and then .. everything in moderation. Think abotu how goegeous that cake was and remember it becuase you won't be having another bit for a while.

You're doing a great job!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby sizing_down » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:28 pm

It was a gorgeous cake... but it really did make me feel ill. I guess I haven't eaten anything that rich in a really long time and I'm not quite so able to stomach it. That's probably not a bad thing.

It's the photos that freaked me out. When I left the house I thought I looked quite ok and even slimish... in the photos I can see exactly why my bmi still says I'm obese :cry:
Yesterday my sister told me I looked "skinny" and a few days ago my husband pointed out that I'm starting to get a waist again so I guess I was on a bit of a high. I know I'm making progress and it's not going to be easy but somehow those photos make me feel really, really bad.
I'm sure it didn't help that the weight on the scales had gone back up a bit this morning. :roll:

Tomorrow is another day.
[/url]

sizing_down

Postby Metalcharm » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:47 am

sizing_down wrote:It was a gorgeous cake... but it really did make me feel ill. I guess I haven't eaten anything that rich in a really long time and I'm not quite so able to stomach it. That's probably not a bad thing.

In the bad old days I would have cocopops every mornign for breakfast .. sometimes two bowls. :oops: Now I have fruit and yoghurt but one morning a few weeks ago I was in a rush and just grabbed a bowl and cocopos and it was really really really far too sweet., I didn't like it at all!!
Is nice to see our taste buds apprecitating the good things!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby sizing_down » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:09 pm

Guess what???

Today, for the first time in almost 5 years my BMI is below 30! I'm officially merely overweight rather than obese!
Excited much? :mrgreen:
[/url]

sizing_down

Postby äirly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:06 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby sizing_down » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:28 pm

:( well that was short lived!

Oh well. I'm back on it and I'm loving my Core Rhyths dvd. Not quite so impressed that my little monster picked half the keys off my laptop earlier and now some of them don't work properly though!
[/url]

sizing_down

Re-evaluating

Postby sizing_down » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:26 am

I've been having one of those deep and intense times of self-exaination.

I'm sick.
I've been having these funny episodes for the last 3 and a half years. No answers, no diagnosis. Every test coes back normal. I have low blood pressure but the episodes don't seem to relate to that. It's not anaemia or any other of dozens of things that I've been tested for. I've even had a 24hr holter monitor. My heart is working perfectly normally.

My quality of life is affected though. Quite significantly.
Anyway the long and short of it is that I've decided I need to stop stressing myself more over my weight loss and exercise regime and just try to get some of my other life stressors under a bit more control first because my stress levels and fatigue levels seem to exacerbate things quite a lot.

I'm going to stop counting points.
I'm going to eat 3 healthy meals a day and a light snack at morning/afternoon tea time if necessary and not eat after dinner.
I'm going to do some kind of exercise at least 3 times a week and I'm still aiming to participate in our local fun run this year.
I'm also going to aim to get more sleep- a LOT more sleep.

and I'm going to stop giving myself deadlines for weight loss. Consider my 12 week goal scrapped! my aim now is to get fitter and healthier and develop a healthier and more positive attitude to this whole saga.
[/url]

sizing_down

Postby SmittenKitten » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Good luck! I'm sure you can do it! being healthy is more important than looking a certain way. I know it might be a bit ott but I have just put a few of my experiences, tips & opinions below, if this isn't what you wanted to hear - sorry! I just wanted to let you know you are not alone and your post has been read & appreciated.

I only keep a close eye on my calories as I always over eat (a lot) when I don't count them. I also bought a cheap "small" dinner set, the plates are about 2inches smaller & the bowls hold about half as much as my old set. This is a little visual trick that helps me to stop over eating & I don't stack my food or let it go over the silver rim which runs about 1inch in from the edge of the plate. I found before I would always fill my plate or bowl buffet style!

I find if I do my exercise in the evening i sleep much better and my body now craves good food. I often feel like lean meat or vegetables & I drink a lot more water, which now actually tastes good too me! I haven't craved chocolate in weeks and I used to eat it every day!

I have an ultimate weightloss goal and I am on my way but to keep motivated I have this little plan simply lose weight every week and not gain.This way if I have a "bad" week and gain a kilo or two I know I can work my butt off the next week to hopefully lose it. In theory this means I won't get any bigger and fingers crossed will get skinnier!

I also write my weight for the week in a whiteboard marker on the fridge, this is a positive & negative reminder every time I go to the fridge to get an unnecessary snack. I used to wear a hospital bracelet (you know the ones you get when your admitted) with my weight on it so when I was out and about people could see it & ask me about it. When I weighed more I was ashamed and hated talking about it, but then I felt proud when I was swapping the card inside for a smaller number and it kept me honest as people would remember and ask how I was going.

It also means I am not on a "diet" I have made a lifestyle change. I do get funny looks or questions from friends who know my old eating habits when I turn down an iced chocolate or have a salad instead of creamy carbonara but I simply reply, "oh I'm trying to be healthy". I find if I say I'm trying to lose weight people put their own opinions on it too much or if I slip up and eat a biscuit I get slammed and feel guilty - which for me leads to sneaky secret eating which is bad!

I think having goals such as going for a walk every other night, or skipping dessert can be more attainable, especially if you have a lot of other things going on in your life. You must put your health first.

Again good luck & let me know how you go with it all!
SmittenKitten

Postby sizing_down » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:35 pm

thanks Smitten,
It is reassuring to come on here today and find a positive comment.

I'm an overeater from way back :oops: . I should probably follow your example and buy some smaller plates. I already eat and drink pretty healthily most of the time and have done for a long time. I don't do takeaway at all, I've stopped eating anything deep or shallow fried or crumbed or battered. I don't drink alcohol at all and soft drinks are an occassional thing. We don't have dessert either. Chocolate is still a weak spot, as is cheese.

I find it hard to not be in control and I really feel very out of control with all these symptoms and the endless round of doctors appointents and tests with no answer so I guess I see my weight as something I can be in control of except that I can't really because the kind of control I crave is unattainable and the goals I keep setting myself are too strict which means I'm always failing so as you can see I need a realignment of focus.
I'm in the habit of writing my weight on my calendar but the fridge door might offer a better anti-snacking incentive.

I'm also in the process of rearranging my life to make excercise at more normal times of day possible. 1am isn't really ideal as a workout time- I'm not a shift worker!

I do like your approach- it is very affirming and I think I'll pretty much borrow it wholesale while I get started on everything.
Thanks again!
[/url]

sizing_down

Postby farwaq » Tue May 31, 2011 4:54 pm

i also have to loose 20 kgs... and i am starting today, so i need all the support i can get from you all :)
farwaq

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous