It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Free Newsletter

I need to lose 50kg

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

I need to lose 50kg

Postby Melly21 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi!

Far out - I say I need to lose 50kg and it seems so daunting, which it is, and I feel overwhelmed and already wanting to give up, but I can't give up. I am sick of not being happy, of not being healthy and not living a life that I want to live. I am so angry at myself and I don't want to be angry any more.

I am going to try and take it 1 hour at a time, 1kg at a time.

Coke is going to be hardest thing for me to give up. :/

I just hope I can find a support group here :)
If you don't start today, in a year you will wish you had.

First MG: 130cm
Melly21

Re: I need to lose 50kg

Postby Skinny Mandy Moo » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi there,
I know how you feel, I need to lose a bit over 40kgs....hardest part is I lost 15kg last year and gained it back plus some! I find the easiest way to get through it is to break it down, 10kg at a time. Instead of "giving up" coke maybe you can replace it with something else? I wouldnt recommend just giving it up all together all at once unless you have awesome will power. Just cut back, or try diet coke or even better I replace soft drink with diet cordial mixed with soad water, doesnt taste awesome but its better then plain water all the time and your cutting all the sugar etc. Good luck with your journey! Hopefully 2011 will be our year :)
THIS IS NOT A DIET. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Skinny Mandy Moo

Postby Melly21 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:27 pm

I did the same thing I lost about 14cm off my waist and then put it all back on in the last 6 months of last year, it was crazy!

Oh yeah I have been drinking the diet stuff for a while now, but I still want to try and cut down on it for a while lol I will definitely try the cordial and soda water! I used to have that as a kid all the time.

I think 2011 will be our year! I just need supportive people who understand what I am going through, and by the looks of it I have found that here :)

Melly21

Postby Metalcharm » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:13 pm

Good luck, Melly! The sooner you start the sooner you'll get to your goal. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby MissSonia » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:50 pm

I've got a lot of weight to lose too, so I'll keep you company on this scary ride :wink:
MissSonia

Postby laurenmcnaught » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:11 am

Hi,

I'm also in the same boat and need to lose 50 (possibly 55) kgs and am finding pretty daunting. Hopefully we can keep each other motivated and up to date with our progress?

Lauren :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5xQnfq/]
[/url]
laurenmcnaught

Postby Wondermum » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:49 am

Hi Lauren I need to lose 37 kilos .....type 2 diabetes diagnosed in 2010....so we can take the journey together!!!
Wondermum

Postby Melly21 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:09 am

Thanks a lot guys :) It's great to see so much support!

I will gladly be a support system for anyone who needs it for whatever reason. I would be happy to have someone to talk to day to day, especially on those down days, they come right out of nowhere and it annoys the you know what out of me.

Right now I am just about to get changed and go do half an hour on the bike, then have some fruit for brekky.

I was never too sure is it better to eat before or after exercise?

Thanks again for all the replies it makes me feel like I can actually do this, so if anyone wants to be "weight-loss buddies" send me a PM I guess or post in here because I can use all the support I can get :)

Melly21

Postby 2bhealthy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:09 am

Melly21 wrote:
I am going to try and take it 1 hour at a time, 1kg at a time.

That is the best way, and you need to accept that you are going to fall off the wagon once in a while, but the focus is getting back on. You can do this with determination, set small goals for yourself and don't focus so much on the number 50, but focus on how you look in the mirror and how you feel overall in regards to your health. I am finding that even though I have only lost 5 kgs so far, I am looking better, my skin is looking better and I have SOOOOOO much more energy. This to me is more important that just looking at a number.

Good Luck, and I hope we see you around the boards :D
Like an onion I am just going to keep peeling off the layers

2bhealthy

Postby Melly21 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:28 am

I just did half an hour on the bike! Yaya!

I was so tired and my legs felt like jelly but after I had a shower I felt so refreshed and awake, my legs still feel like jelly but that's to be expected. I am liking this feeling.

Now to go watch some other people play sport, come on Aussie boys you can win this test match! lol

Melly21

Postby kimbali » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:30 pm

I'll gladly join you on your journey too....i just joined the forum, my bf as much as i love him, is completely useless in this situation and i need that extra support. If I see him make one more milkshake loaded with ice cream i'm sure i'll kill him! :D

I also have about 50kg to lose, though I haven't quite figured out that goal yet. I started out at 113.4, and happily kicked 2.7 in my first week. Stoked! But given that I am a small 153cm, i'm considered morbidly obese! I'd just be happy to get to the weight I was when I was 17, 67kg. Still overweight for my height according to that stupid table, but screw it...lol, it wasn't designed for me!

So I'll happily cop orders from any of you guys to make me get off my couch, coz the exercise will be my biggest problem, i'm lazy and i hate it! And I'm with you on the coke issue, i've just ditched it and it was my water. And yeah, it was hard, but something snapped in my head and told me to toughen up. Hoping that the motivation is going to continue this time, i've realised I'm never going to be tiny, i'm just not built to be petite, but for crying out loud, i don't gotta be this damned big!!! For some reason though I feel stronger this time, I think i've just had it. I'm sick of getting bigger....i like the clothes at crossroads god damn it, and I'm not gonna outgrow em! :D

So Good Luck, I'm totally with you on this one!
kimbali

Postby jade79 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:58 pm

wow its good to see some people on here that are going thru what im going thru.
I have about 44kgs to loose and im scared shittless i dont know if i can do it :(
I have huge issues with food (and coke) - i dont drink, i dont smoke or do drugs so thats always been my excuse to be able to eat as much junk and drink as much coke as i want.
I would be grateful if we can chat and support each other thru this especially seeing we are all restarting fresh about now.
I dont have alot of support my husband trys but i have tried to loose weight so many times now its just like he knows im not going to do it so why bother.
just gotta keep on trying

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wdZLdZb/]
[/url]
jade79

Postby kimbali » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi Jade, I'll back u! Lol, we're all in it for the same reason, so why not give each other a hand wherever we can?
I think my problems come from being thrown on diets as a teenager by my mum...i still feel if she'd left it to me i'd have figured it out for myself! So the moment i moved out of home I saw it as an opportunity to do what I wanted, which, lol, really hasn't worked in my favour! And I've made plenty of half hearted attempts since then in an attempt to shift kilos, but the only thing that ever worked was after i left my ex i didn't eat for like a month. NOT recommended!!! Lol!
But I'm so determined this time. I don't know why....maybe the fact that my 10 year school reunion should be this year, maybe coz i wanna have kids, and doubt very much that anything works because of my weight! It helps to find that one excuse that is going to keep you going I guess.
So I guess my tip is to start small, going all out has never worked for me, if I want something and i'm not supposed to have it it makes me so much more determined to have it. Don't diet! Just change some things that you know you can change, and when you see the results I think you'll find that motivation to change more! Well, thats what I reckon anyway!
kimbali

Postby thinkingthinner » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi ladies

is anyone here using meal replacement as part of their diet.... BAD WORD... its not a diet... its a CHANGE OF LIFE
thinkingthinner

Postby motivated » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:05 am

:) I have 70 to lose to get to 70 which is a size 12 for me. And that is the first time I have told anyone. I have had injury from a previous MVA giving me alot of grief when it comes to excercise. The repeated injuries along with the 4-6wks off excercise got too much and I completely gave up. I will support you if you support me!! Thats how it goes isnt it?
motivated

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous