It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:06 pm

Free Newsletter

I NEED to do this, i just dont know how :~(

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

I NEED to do this, i just dont know how :~(

Postby heffy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:19 pm

hi everyone, i am feeling so down and sorry for myself, i have put myself into this rut that i just cant seem to get out of. I weighed myself tonight 127.4kg. the heaviest i have ever been in, in my life. I did start of last year dieting and exersizing as i was 123kg and now i am just back to what i was doing before plus even more weight. Its hard to walk, its hard to bend its hard to do anything. The diet world is so confusing i just dont know what i should be doing. Eat this, don't eat that, yes you can, no you cant!!!
I NEED to lose weight, apparently my BMI is now 52. I am only 34 years old, how did that happen?
I will do what i need to do, i am just so confused at what that is. If anyone can help support me or encourange me/motivate me anything. I am so desperate, i feel like i am going to die :(

Re: I NEED to do this, i just dont know how :~(

Postby brendan » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:00 pm

First of all welcome, you have come to the right place.

I would suggest going to your local GP first, get a thorough check up. It's important to know whether there is a physical reason for the weight. There's probably a good chance it is emotional, but rule out the physical first.

Next throw out the "D" word otherwise we might have wash your mouth out with soap :lol: :lol: :lol:

When you have seen your doctor report back and we'll see what we can do for you.

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic

Postby Skinny Mandy Moo » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:41 pm

Hi there,
Dont stress! You will find plenty of help and support here. I am in my the same boat, I weigh the most I ever had in my life at around 107kg and I hate myself for it. However take each day as it comes, one day at a time, one kg at a time. Best way to start is to think natural, eat fruit, veg, lean meat and chicken. Just start but changing small things and work your way and in no time you will be onm track to eatting healthy without even thinking about it. Then think exercise, maybe start with doing 10 minute intervals twice and day and work your way up. You will get there! This will be your year, all you have to do is start!

Skinny Mandy Moo

Postby Metalcharm » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:34 am

aww Heffy {hugs} to you.
I like Brendan's advice of getting a checkup but in the mean time try and do simple things. Cut out the crappy snacks and surround yourself with fresh food. Eating healthy isn't about starving - you can eat heaps and be full but you have to know what kinds of foods to eat.

How confusing is it when you are just starting out when there's all kinds of things telling you to eat protein, don't eat carbs and all that. WTF? I wanted ot know the actual foods .. I had no idea what foods were in what. I'd suggest getting your doctor to point you towards a dietician to help get a plan in action but in the meantime you know that some of the foods you eat are bad for you .. try and replace them with a healthier option. Fruit and veg and other things along those lines and you'll be on the way to a smaller happier you!

Postby MissSonia » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:18 pm

Try using it's really helpful in working out how many calories you should be having, and it also has options to create your daily menu - full of REAL food!

Postby heffy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Thanks guys, i went to the Dr last year and was on a weight care plan ( unforseen circumstances at home forced me to stop going to the gym)
I have had everything checked, all bloods everything. I do have PCOS which does not help my cause.
I have a new gym lined up which has a free creche which i am going to sign up as a family so we can all go whenever we want to.

I had to go out all day today to the shops, i was there from breakfast till after lunch. now i know there is nothing really healthy u can have there but i did stop and "try" and pick something healthier. for breakfast i got a k'bab ( ok it was more like brunchtime) chicken, tomato, lettuce & bbq sauce. then for "late" lunch i had a 6inch chicken teriaki sub ( normally i would just get one of those $5 bargins from Hungry Jacks)

I have a treadmill at home... what i dont understand is, WHY i just stare at it. i want to do this, i really do, but WHY dont i turn it on and use it!!!

Postby kimbali » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:04 pm

I agree with Miss Sonia, Calorie King has been my godsend. It's so easy to use! I' used it last year with my last lame attempt at losing weight, and have returned to it again this time too, you just punch in what food you want to look up and it brings up the the nutritional breakdown. I don't know what other methods people are using, but i'm counting calories and creating an honest food diary this time. I kicked the evil soft drink, and replaced it with water (this was difficult, coke was my water before i know just one can has 161 calories it's almost a turnoff!!!) Salads are now a feature, and I now have a job where I can come home for something healthy for lunch, instead of a measly half hour over the other side of town, which meant i bought takeaway ALL the time. But personally i think the most important thing is not cutting EVERYTHING out altogether...for me that is an ultimate fail straight away, as soon as my brain thinks i can't have that, it wants it. So far so good though, i haven't had any huge sugar cravings (by some miracle!) Honestly, take it one day at a time....I was amazed, at the end of my first week i'd kicked 2.7kg....i never expected that much since I was far too lazy to drag my ass off the lounge. That is my next major mission! Small steps are the key, i think if you make a few small changes you'll be amazed at how much better and in control you feel!

Postby tryhard » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:14 pm

I think the first step and most difficult step is to just start. I'm no good at dieting, calorie counting, weighing food, counting points, I've tried all of those things and I think it added to an already unhealthy relationship with food and just made me focus on it even more. I needed something that does not take a lot of thought, time, and something I thought I could follow for the long term.

Then I got some advice from an unlikely place, a stock market forum would you believe, but I followed it just to try something new. So I was told - as long as it grew on or in the earth, flew, walked or swam, then you can eat it. An easy principle I thought. I'm not always perfect, but it is always something that I keep in the back of my mind, I've now been working on this rule for 2 years and have lost 17kg.

For me my weight will be a life long struggle. I'm still 10 kg from my ideal weight, but I know that I really need to find the time to exercise as I won't loose anymore without taking it up another notch.

Good luck with your journey.

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous