It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:51 am

Free Newsletter

27.1kg to lose!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

27.1kg to lose!

Postby ganymede » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:46 pm

I currently weigh 87.1kg and I am wanting to get down to 60kg as soon as possible. I have started the Optifast meal replacement plan in which I have a shake for breakfast (and a cup of tea), a cup of vegetables for lunch and a shake and the same for dinner (sometimes adding 1/4 cup of soy sauce to spice things up a bit). Surprisingly I am coping really well after my first week. I no longer feel weak and lacking energy and I only ever feel really hungry before my shake in the morning and a bit peckish at night.

Is it ludicrous to hope that I will lose 27kg by June? Fast methods have always worked well for me as I've done it before. I also feel that because I am coping with eating less I have started to realise the amount that we really need to eat to survive and to stick to healthy foods and only have a treat every once in awhile, not every weekend... :S

Shell
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Re: 27.1kg to lose!

Postby brendan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi Ganymede

I reckon you can do it - you seem to have the motivation and drive to achieve it ... so why not.

See how you go over the next few weeks, you might need to tweak the regimen from time to time. :)

All the best
Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby ganymede » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:52 am

Thanks Brendan! I'm still going strong and have lost another 1.3kg this week bringing me down to 85.8kg with 25.8kg left to lose! :)
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby dearne » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:21 pm

i think going by your food you may end up at some stage needing some variety, because otherwise you will get used to everything and then thats when binges happen (been there done that!)
Dearne
dearne

Postby ganymede » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:50 pm

Already doing the variety thing whilst still sticking to my guns :) It's working very well so far! Down to 84.55kg today, woohoo!! Hoping to lose a few more kilos before I go on holidays at the end of next week, that's bound to = some indulgence :P Hopefully not too much though :)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby dearne » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:55 am

holidays also = more exercise! especially while seeing sights and sounds...
Dearne
dearne

Postby Emlu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:30 am

Hello,
Great to hear you're on your way!!
Yes I think it's definitely possible, Ive done that amount in 3/4 months before, from the same weight you are now too.
Unfortunately I'm back to 80ish now, so I'm on a very similar journey to you!
Is there something special in June? :)
I have my wedding anniversary then, but I was just basically aiming for a few months anyway. I think though I'll go for a holiday somewhere warm to wear a bikini lol!

Nice to meet you,
Em
ImageImage
Emlu

Postby ganymede » Tue May 03, 2011 10:57 pm

Emlu wrote:Hello,
Great to hear you're on your way!!
Yes I think it's definitely possible, Ive done that amount in 3/4 months before, from the same weight you are now too.
Unfortunately I'm back to 80ish now, so I'm on a very similar journey to you!
Is there something special in June? :)
I have my wedding anniversary then, but I was just basically aiming for a few months anyway. I think though I'll go for a holiday somewhere warm to wear a bikini lol!

Nice to meet you,
Em

Hi Em,

Sorry for the extraordinarily late reply!

May I ask how you achieved your goal in that amount of time?? And June was just a goal, no particular special event in mind except being happy and slim :) And I have failed soooo bad since my holidays! But I am back to the drawing board and really really want to stick to it this time. Luckily for me I have until around October to lose the weight and organise a healthy eating plan so I don't go off the rails for our next holiday :| sometimes it is hard, especially when you are stopping in places with lots of restaurants and you don't have the proper facilities to cook a healthy and nutritious meal but I suppose I should have just really put my foot down and put in the effort.

Anyway, the point is that I still really need to lose this weight and I find the shakes work for me, I love the progress I make when I am on them and once I get back into the swing of things and stay focused, I don't even find I get that hungry (and mainly only at night after a long day's work). Sometimes I have to tweak my eating, especially for weekends when my partner and I get up before dawn to head to the coast to do photography, I'm ravenous by 5am LOL so that requires some healthy snacking to curb the hunger :P

I have also decided that chopping up fresh vegetables rather than having frozen vegetables will make things a lot easier as I absolutely LOVE vegetables and have a lot of problems eating meat and fresh are far better than frozen, that's for sure! A little soy sauce and I've cooked up a delicious low fat stir fry! I also made a batch of cauliflower soup this weekend which is pretty much just stock, cauliflower, celery, onion, shallots, herbs and seasoning which means I can still have my shake as well as enjoying one of my favourite dishes! Woot!

All in all I am feeling more motivated again and am sick of myself not caring as this is the only body I have and I want to be fit and healthy so I can enjoy bush walking with my partner without DYING!! And so when I have to walk back up a million stairs at the beach after photography my lungs don't feel like they are on fire and so my legs don't start shaking. So I can wear smaller sizes and feel great everyday of the week, even in my work uniform! So that people that I love can be proud of my achievements and so I can inspire others to do the same. AND so I can wear a bikini and not feel like a whale :P
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby farwaq » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:51 am

i am greatly motivated by your posts. i want to reach 58 kgs and want to do that with in 3/4 months max. i am currently at 80.7 kgs. lets see who reaches to the goal first :).
farwaq

Postby ganymede » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:53 pm

Welcome farwaq! Race you there!!! :mrgreen:
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:42 pm

It's a great feeling being able to say, I now only have 17.7kg to lose! Still a journey ahead of me but I am so happy with my progress!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Shitake » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:18 pm

How are you going? I have had the same amount of weight to loose. I have currently lost 25kgs over a period of 12 months. It has been a slow process but what you achieve in the finish is well worth it! Good luck! :)
Shitake

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous