It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:39 am

Free Newsletter

I'm ready to become half the woman I am today!!!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

I'm ready to become half the woman I am today!!!

Postby alotolose » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:48 am

I am twice the woman I used to be and not in the good way!

I have been over weight for the last 18 years and after waiting 8 years to conceive, one miscarriage, one gorgeous child born with special needs, one four year legal case, the death of our precious second child, the sale of our home, a trip around oz, another gorgeous baby, another gorgeous baby born by a horrendeous c-section and another 2 house moves, ALL within 5 years, I am tired and very fat!!!

On Saturday I woke up and I can't tell you why it was different to every other New Year's Day or Monday that I was going to start a diet, but it just was. Something had changed and I have motivation and will power, I am ready!

On Saturday I weighed in at 136.7kg and it is daunting and I am ashamed I let it get this far. (To those of you out there that have just crept on 10 - 20kgs, lose it sensibly NOW before the stretch marks, sore joints, gall bladder problems..........and it just all seems too hard)

Today I weigh 132.7kg. I have lost 4 kg in 3 days. I have a long way to go but it is a start!

Re: I'm ready to become half the woman I am today!!!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:17 am

Good luck, Alotolose! I'm sorry to hear about the difficult five years you had. I think it's great that your mind has shifted to being in a good place of motivation and will-power. It sounds like you are starting with an incredibly positive outlook. Good on you! I really hope you find all the support you need here to help you on your journey.

Postby sizing_down » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:10 am

Hello Alotolose,
I wanted to extend my deepest sympathy to you for the loss of your precious baby. Your 5 difficult years is very similar in many ways to my last 5 years. Our eldest was born following a miscarriage and was severely disabled due to a birth trauma. She died 3 and a half years ago as a result of the brain injury. I had a very complicated pregnancy and delivery with our 2nd and as a result would do almost anything to avoid another cesarian. He has had many health problems and they have been a great source of stress.
I am currently dealing with the sleep deprivation of baby number 3.

We finally bought our own home when number 2 was about 3 months old. Prior to that we had spent about 2 years living in various relatives spare rooms and moving from city to city depending on my husband's work and my health care needs. We are approaching 2 years in this house.

I have ongoing health problems but no diagnosis or explanation of my syptoms and I've had one volley of tests after another for the last 3 years.
After baby no 2 I weighed over 100kg. I lost about 20k of that before having baby no 3 but I'm aiming for 60kg which is in the top end of my healthy weight range. We'd love another baby but I feel a great need to be fit and healthy and a good weight before getting pregnant again!

I'd like to congratulate you on that first step. You've made a great start.
This weight loss thing really is just a matter of keeping on placing one foot in front of the other even when it is all just too overwhelming. I'm sure you know all about that from your other experiences.

May this be the beginning of a very rewarding journey for you.

12 Week Challenge Goal 28th Febuary 2011 68.6kg

Starting weight: September '10 83kg

Postby KaydeeJayde » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:41 pm

Wow, it sounds like you've had a big few years. I'm so sorry about your baby.

Congratulations about making the decision to change. I did the same thing, woke up and decided something needed to change! I hope very much that you achieve what you're aiming to.

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous