It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:19 am

Free Newsletter

40kgs to lose... i CAN do this

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

40kgs to lose... i CAN do this

Postby Skinnyminny » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi everyone :)
My name is Jaimie and I am obese... It is actually a huge feat for me to admit that, because for so long I have been sitting here in my little food filled bubble, choosing not to believe that I am actually the size I am. To be honest, I didn't own a pair of scales until about a year ago because I was so far in denial about my problem. I used to make fun of my sister - who is also obese - and think nothing of how ironic my comments were...

I am just over 100kgs (currently 101.6) and I am ready to make a change!

Here is a little background info for all of you out there... I am 22 years old, and live in the Northern Territory. I have been married for just over 3 months to the love of my life. My husband is very supportive, but there is only so much a thin person can understand about weightloss... To be honest, he has no idea of the emotions we go through when we are over weight, let alone the emotional rollercoaster I am about to jump on when it comes to weight loss. I have two gorgeous kitties - Cino and Latte (bet you wouldn't have guessed that I love my coffee, and used to be a barista)! I work at a desk job which I absolutely loathe, but it is helping us set up our live and enabling me to learn the skills I need to be able to achieve my dream career.

So why am I overweight? Because I don't respect myself enough to worry about what I eat! I have never been a confident person, and I have always hidden behind the kilos because that way I wouldn't have to let anyone in. Everyone just looks at me and see's that I am ugly and lazy and they walk away and don't bother me. Yes, the weight is a comfort tool, but not anymore!

I am currently a size 20, and want to lose 40 kilograms so I weigh 60kgs, and feel like a million bucks! I have started aqua aerobics (4 afternoons a week), I have bought smaller plates, I have given up softdrink and potato, and I have cut back my bread intake...

So here and now, for all of you to read, I am beginning my journey to a skinnier, healthier Jaimie!

I want you all to keep me accountable! Lets do this! Let's make the world a lighter place :D

A diet is the penalty we pay for exceeding the feed limit
Skinnyminny

Re: 40kgs to lose... i CAN do this

Postby Skinnyminny » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:51 pm

And here is a pic of me now... pre weightloss :)
Attachments
Jaimie Gross.jpg
Jaimie Gross.jpg (33.7 KiB) Viewed 4235 times

Skinnyminny

Postby bjam » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:17 pm

well done for taking the steps you have toward a new lifestyle!

I just joined this site too and have found all the stories and people to be extremely helpful and motivational - I found a couple of online tools that were also very good (or have been so far, 1 1/2wks in lol) if you wanted to have a look google myfitnesspal (you enter foods and exercise and it works everything out for you!) and also weighitup (free eating plans and recipes - really tasty and easy to stick to)

good luck! I look forward to hearing how you are going :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6WMitp/]
[/url]
bjam

Postby Skinnyminny » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:23 am

Good morning internet world :)

So we begin our journey together (although secretly I started 3 weeks ago - and have already gone from 104.8kgs to 100.7)... That is right! 100.7kgs this morning and feeling wonderful. :D

So, this morning I have started the day as I always do - with a skinny cappucino, 1 equal (Yay for non sugar sweetness!!!). I know it is bad, but i am trying to get used to eating in the morning, and I figure that if I begin with something I like then I am able to switch to something a little healthier once my stomach and brain get used to me having something in my tummy this early.

So, today I am not very prepared at all. I have a drawer full of sultanas and dried apples for snacks (which I know I need to start eating), but lunch is kind of up in the air. Usually I go for a small roast beef and veg, but I am sick of that... maybe I should get an egg salad hmmm... sounds yummy!

Anyway, I should be doing my boring job instead of sitting here typing this... so have an amazing day people... will report back soon!

J

Skinnyminny

Postby Metalcharm » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi Jaimie - you've made such a great start! You've got a really great attitude with will help you to keep on going :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Skinnyminny » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:51 pm

So.. it seems rather quiet on these boards, but this thread is more of a place for me to get my thoughts and fears off my chest throughout this journey. I am also blogging, but my husband reads it religiously, so here I am a little more anonymous!

Yesterday I made the decision to pick up the phone and call Jenny Craig. It took heaps of courage to convince myself to do it, but I am feeling awesome about it now! Today is day one of my program and I feel so full!!! I was warned by a friend that it will take a week or so to adjust to eating so much food, but I will definitely see results. I was a typical scaredy cat and was worried about not liking the food... well today, for the first time in 22 years, I have had macaroni and cheese for lunch - and loved every bite! It is so tasty!

I was a bit naughty last night and didn't go walking like I was supposed to - I went to Jenny Craig instead!

For all of you out there who are considering whether to spend the money or not - do it, but only if you are a million percent committed to losing the weight. It is a lot of money to throw away on a fad, and you need to be prepared to trust the consultants... but I assure you that you will get there!

Skinnyminny

Postby strippingback » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Go for it!!!! Jenny Craig - I have memories of that when I was 14....arghghh the things my body has been through.
I'm new to this whole forum thing, so not sure how it all really works, but I would love to help support people on this amazing journey we are all going on.
Admitting you are obese is half the problem I think....especially when you become so good at convincing yourself you are ok with you weight.
I'm not going to weight myself till Friday morning, I'm too scared at the moment. What if I'm trying this hard and it doesn't work??
Keep us updated on jenny Craig, I know someone doing it at the moment and they are having great results.
strippingback

Postby Skinnyminny » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:47 am

Thanks hun :)

Well today is day 2 of being best friends with Jenny Craig, and I am loving it. This morning I walked into work with this huuuuuuuuge lunchbox filled with food - and felt like quite the super star. There is something quite smug knowing that you can eat all of this and still lose weight! I will admit, today I have a piece of toast with marj; grapes; apple; orange; youghurt (99%fat free and less than 1% sugar); a JC breakfast bar; and of course, a JC Broccoli and Cheese baked potato!The potato really excites me - I haven't eaten potato for a meal in about 4 weeks!

I was a little bit naughty and jumped on the scales this morning. I have lost about a kilogram, which feels awesome. Tonight my gorgeous hubby is going to have to take the battery out of the scales at home :lol:

I did a 3km power walk last night :) felt amazing.

Well, work is calling me unfortunately...

J x

Skinnyminny

Postby Fallonw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:09 pm

My aim is also to lose 40kg.

I started August 2010 and have lost 29kg since then.

I am hoping to lose the other 11kg by August 2011.

I havn't done much exercise whilst trying to lose weight but I have been trying to eat the right foods.

The reason I lost control of my diet was because I fell pregnant in 2008. I ended up eating more and more whilst pregnant.

When I gave birth in June 2009 I was 85kg (Compared to the 58kg before I fell pregnant). I then gained another 10kg and kept losing that and gaining it back. August 2010 I decided enough was enough. I weighed in at 95kg and told myself that I was going to lose 40kg before August 2011.

I want to tone as well as lose weight but I don't know what exercises I should use to tone the areas that I want to.
Fallonw

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous