It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Free Newsletter

51kg to Lose! Eep!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

51kg to Lose! Eep!

Postby Talien » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:40 pm

This section of the forum seems fairly quiet, but I too am another one who needs to lose quite a bit.
I need to lose for my health, and for fitness mostly. And I'd love to be a size 14 again. Or 12. Not a 10 though, I don't think I want to lose that much. First I want to get to 85 kg and see how I feel. I'm happy to go as far as 60kg, but I think that's as low as I could go. I don't know though I've not been that little since I was about 9!

Anyways so far I am doing a water aerobics class once a week. I just got my license (I was able to previously due to medical reasons) and so I'm hoping to also join a gym. Probably my university gym for the next year and a half. I have big feet so I'm finding it difficult locating some runners that are comfortable and cheap. I did find a pair, they weren't cheap so I promised myself that if I quit smoking I could buy them. I haven't had a smoke in over 3 weeks so after I pay to get my wisdom teeth out and the rego for my new car, I'll be getting those runners :D

I want a magic fix but I know I'm not going to get it.
2011 has been such an amazing year, my partner got a really good job, I quit smoking and finished my undergrad degree. If I can make it even better by losing as much weight as possible then it will be the best year of my life :D

I feel really hypocritical though. I have a bag of freckles in my work bag, as well as a can of softdrink at my desk. I told myself I would start as of the 1st of May. And I will. Until then I'm not going to go nuts, I'm just going to be easter-conscious. I want this to be a lifestyle change, so I need to be honest with myself, realistic and I need to be forgiving BUT still determined!

Here's to a long-lived lifestyle change, one small change a day, one day at a time.
*~*~* BMR: 8,155 *~*~* 5,500kj Food Plan *~*~* Aim: 70kg *~*~*
Starting Weight: 117.6kg
Weekly Weigh-in: Monday 2/5: 117.6; Monday 9/5: 116.6

Re: 51kg to Lose! Eep!

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi Talien

51 kilos is certainly doable. I've lost 50 kilos in the past 18 months - the first 5 months were just a gradual change to low-GI foods and increased exercise and the final 13 I was actively focused on losing weight.

It may help by marking off each 10 kgs lost and noting down the changes felt - lighter, happier, more energy, etc. Each step like that can encourage the next.

There's an easy way to fix the guilt hypocrisy, and that's by changing right now rather than putting it off until May 1. Delaying positive actions like that really should be discouraged, since practicing immediate action can reduce "putting things off" in other aspects of a person's life.

If you are munching on a bicky right now then stop and bin it. Pour the soft-drink down the toilet where it belongs! Don't think of it as a waste of money because you wasted your money as soon as you bought the junk food, you can't waste money twice, but you CAN make things worse by actually eating the stuff. :-)

You're absolutely spot-on about the forgiveness bit, too. Everyone will fall off the wagon to some degree, but there's no harm done as long as a person gets back on the wagon and brushes both dust and guilt off.

" day at a time".

Re: 51kg to Lose! Eep!

Postby Sassyt » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:44 pm

Well said CronicBadger. I could not have said it better myself!
You can do this Talien. Just do it!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous