Moderator: Moderators

23years old and 30kg to lose! Day 1

Postby eskimovm » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Veronica
Weight 95kg
Height 167cm
Age 23

I changed contraceptive pills in 2009 from Yasmine to Levelen and have successfully gained 20kg in 2 years. :oops:

I used to be a size 10 and am now a size 16.

I am very educated on food and what it takes to lose weight (energy in, energy out) but am finding that I eat high calorie foods and my body likes to be re fuelled by eating in portions of 6 meals a day. So how did I get this fat? easily apparently, by ignoring the reflection in the mirror, focusing on other positive attributes and eating what makes me happy (chocolate, chips, desert, pizza..beer doesn't help my new gut either) I can eat when i'm full, i'm like a machine.

My doctor thinks that the change to emotional eating could be related to the contraceptive change back in 2009. So he's given me a prescription for Yasmine and also discussed the possibility of Duromine. I have done a lot of research on that too.

So here I am, struggling with my emotional and physical battle to shed 30kg off my poor body.

Wish me luck!

Also, when I was leaving my doctors office I asked him how much weight he'd like me to lose before coming back in 4 weeks and he said 6kg. That's 1.5kg a week, is that doable without being on Duromine?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP2u9g4/]
[/url]
eskimovm

Re: 23years old and 30kg to lose! Day 1

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:44 pm

It is certainly doable and all without the possibility of the side effects of duromine!

Go for the whole unprocessed foods in smaller portions as much as possible and move more. Dedicate yourself to it and the 6kg at this stage will be a snap.

i only said it recently in a post but I'll say it again.

Do it now!

You don't want to get to 40 and wonder what could have been.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby byebyefat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Maybe we can journey together through this?
im 23, 91.5kg, wanting to loose around 40kg,
lost 3 so far
its day 4.

let me know what works for you, like meals and exercise plan?
certain times of the day to eat not eat?
byebyefat

Postby skye021 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:13 pm

Im in the same boat as you. Early 20's put on about 16kg over the past 2 years and didnt notice greatly till the damage was done. Im on Levelen (have been for 4 years) but never put on weight from it. Im definitely an emotional eater as well!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtWP5f2/]
[/url]
skye021

Postby annaham » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Hey Eskimomv, just wondering how you are going without the duromine? I saw it has been 3 weeks since you posted. Hope it is all going well :)
I'm about the same age as you guys (25) and have a baby, so in a bit of a different boat; lack of contraceptives did this to me! Haha :P I would have been in the mid 90s at some point, I remember weighing myself and being 92kg (a couple of months ago), that's about when the natural weight loss from breastfeeding kind of stopped for me I suppose. When I decided 'right, that's it' I was at 88.6kg. So there you go.

Week 1 to 10: -5.6kg

Week 11: -0.2kg
Week 12: -0.1kg
Week 13: -0.6kg
Week 14: -0.5kg
Week 15: +0.1kg
annaham

Postby boonaz » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:45 pm

Hey all, I'm in the same boat... I am 24, female and when I started I weighed 110kgs.

I was on the implanon and with my going out patterns, and junk food as hang over food, I quickly gained about 34kgs since about Nov 2007 - I had no idea that was even the case until I went to the doctor and he said 'what the hell have you done to yourself??' - Wake up call indeed!!!!

I would love to join you guys and maybe inspire each other, especially when it gets to those tough moments... Good luck with your journeys and cant wait to read your stories!! :)
boonaz

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous