It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:01 pm

Free Newsletter

8 kgs down, 35 to go

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

8 kgs down, 35 to go

Postby simony » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Need to introduce myself. Im 25, currently weigh 105kgs and have struggled with my weight since my pre teens. Like most people I have been on the roller coaster of diets and weight loss fads throughout this time, about 10weeks ago a group of us at work decided to go on a weightloss challenge together and although in the past I have lost more weight in this period of time this is the first time I actually believe Im going to do this, and I thought what better place to keep that feeling going than by being active on this board surrounded by people trying to reach the same goal of being healthy.

Re: 8 kgs down, 35 to go

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Hi Simony

There are plenty of ways you can use the forum here - join the challenges (yes, another one!), discuss food and weght-loss techniques, keep a progress blog, and so on. The website attached to the forum has a great deal of useful information such as healthly food and exercise, nutrition and how to change from unhealthy to healthy habits. Whatever you do, do things that help you stay focussed on the goal. Losing weight and becoming healthy is well worth the initial discomfort of change.

Re: 8 kgs down, 35 to go

Postby boonaz » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Hey there,

Well done, I think just getting on here and writing about your goals is sometimes the hardest step...

You have lost 8kgs soo far and that is fantastic!! I started similar to you, I weight 110kgs and allowed it to spiral out of control, I am at 98kgs and my aim is to eventually get to 70kgs, but slow and steady is the way to go.

Good luck to you and your journey and I look forward to reading!!

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous