It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:50 pm

Free Newsletter

I'm new and I want to lose 25kg

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

I'm new and I want to lose 25kg

Postby Roblyssa » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi Everyone, I suppose I have found my board!

I have 25 kilos to lose and I have lost almost 4kg of that so far.

I have done this so many times that I am now preparing myself and looking for the support I need to continue on my journey and maintain the end result!

So I wish everyone well on this board with their journeys!
Roblyssa

Re: I'm new and I want to lose 25kg

Postby mitchymitch » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:56 am

Hey roblyssa,
I wish you luck on your journey and If you need any help of advice please dont hesitate to ask
My BFL Challenge M, 23, 186cm
Started 18/10/10
-----------------------------
SW: 98.8kgs
CW: 86.5kgs (27/11/11)
GW: 83Kgs By 1/1/12
Wight Loss So Far: 12.5kgs
BF% - ~9%
mitchymitch

Postby Roblyssa » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:36 pm

Thank you, and good luck with your weight loss goal too!!

~Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby miss_viva » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi Kellie and welcome :)

Best of luck with your weightloss plans. The best thing you can do is just to stick with it and try and stay motivated. Posting on this board really helps to keep you accountable! It's a little quiet at the moment, but I'm sure we'll see a lot more people posting/joining soon as they try and stick to their New Year's resolutions. What does your weightloss/exercise plan involve?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi there

I try and walk 5 days a week, 30 minutes, 3km. Time is very limited for me as I work full time and have 3 young kids to tend to outside my work hours.

My eating, I am trying to follow the weight watchers points plan. Most nights I have salad and a small piece of meat for dinner. Lunch is usually a chicken and salad roll. Breakfast is a cup of coffee and a bowl of porridge. Snacks are low point snacks (yoghurt, fruit, muesli bar etc)....anything that is 3 points or less.

No alcohol. Water - 1 - 3 Litres per day. Coffee - 1 cup. Tea - 1 cup per day if any at all (most days I don't have Tea). Coke Zero - no more than one glass per day if any at all. Juice, Milk - Nil.

ANY advice is most welcome!
Roblyssa

Postby miss_viva » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:54 pm

Hey Kellie :)

Your diet looks pretty good to me, but by no means do I claim to know anything about nutrition. It seems like you've got a good balance of food groups though, and it's fairly similar to what I would eat on a regular day. I think the type of plan you follow doesn't necessarily matter, as long as it's something that's healthy and that you feel you can stick to for the long-term. Keep up the good work :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:00 pm

Thanks Miss Viva, I hope it sees me shedding some kilos very soon!

I am very frustrated with it all right now after a big gain last week. I will go on, I refuse to give up, for there is never gain without pain.

Thank you for your encouragement, all the best for your goal too!

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby miss_viva » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Congratulations on your loss of 1.2kgs and your return to the 80s! :D Keep up the great work!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:24 pm

Awww thanks Miss V!! I am very happy to be back into the 80's, but also half skeptical as the minute I got here last time, I bounced right back up (without doing anything different from any other week!)

I am hoping I can continue to see these results week after week!

Thanks for your support!

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby miss_viva » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:43 am

Oh yeah, I know that feeling! Last time I hit the 70s, I pretty much bounced straight back into the 80s as well. I was so close to being back in there a couple of weeks ago, and now I'm hovering around the 81ish mark. It's like a brief glimmer of hope, isn't it?! It sounds like you're on the right track at the moment, so just keep sticking with it and I'm sure you'll see some lower 80s numbers soon :) You should think about joining us over in Personal Progress, this part of the board seems a little dead lately. It used to be a lot more active here. Thanks for your support too - this board is a really nice and friendly place, and it's nice interacting with other people on here!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:05 pm

I'll check it out Miss V......didn't realise you were a GC girl either!

I live in Redbank Plains, about 50 minutes away :D
Roblyssa

Postby miss_viva » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Hey Kellie,

How's everything going for you this week? :) Yup, I'm a GC girl, I love it down here! There seem to be quite a few members on here from the GC and Brisbane and everywhere in between!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Loss of 300gm which has really bummed me out, given I walked 26km across the entire week last week!

I am going to go and speak to the doctor to see why my body just will not lose weight!

I'm so bummed :(

I weighed myself again this morning and I gained 500gm since my weigh in Saturday (when I lost the 300gm). That chucks me right back into the 90's!! :( :( :(
Roblyssa

Postby miss_viva » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Ah, I so know how you feel. It sucks when you have a really good week and then you don't lose much or have a gain. The best thing you can do is just put it behind you and keep going! Are you making sure that you're eating enough for your body to sustain all of the exercise that you've started doing? Perhaps you're not consuming enough calories now and your body has gone into survival mode and is trying desperately to cling onto what fat it has. You could try having a few extra healthy snacks, like yogurt and nuts etc.

Also, it's completely natural for your weight to fluctuate day to day. Try not to focus too much on the daily scale readings. I know it's easier said than done, and to be honest, I'm a compulsive scale checker! I often weigh myself up to 3-4 times a day to see how I'm going. However, I weigh in "officially" once a week and that's the only result that I really judge myself on. If I have a loss during one of my unofficial weigh ins, I use that to motivate myself to keep going. However, if the scale shows a gain, I just shrug it off and think "well, that one didn't count, it wasn't official!" and then I just make sure that I'm eating as well as I possibly can be. Funny how the mind works, isn't it?! :lol:

Usually after I have my official weigh in on Sunday, I usually make Sunday my cheat meal day and go out and have sushi. It's not uncommon for my weight to bounce back up the next day, but it generally settles again by the next official weigh in. TTOM can really mess with your head and the scales too, it's quite normal to notice a gain around that time, as your body naturally retains fluid.

You're doing really well so far and I'm sure you'll be back in the 80s again soon. Keep going! Did you end up going to talk to a doctor for their advice?
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Did you end up going to talk to a doctor for their advice?

I did Miss V, and he sent me for some bloods (to check my thyroid again) and he gave me a script for Duromine...

Now, I have read A LOT on Duromine, and while I filled the script last week, I haven't started taking it yet.

I am scared of the critisism I will get for taking a 'cheat, speed' pill for weight loss that I didn't even ask for. My dr (whom I trust to no end) informed me that the Duromine would do the same for me as Thyroxin would for my thyroid in the way of weight loss, and even though I am infact eating enough for my weight and exercise level, I am retaining the weight. He is going to monitor me on it very closely, I think I will start it tomorrow morning and see how I go. I need an authorisation letter from him for work as I can be randomly drug tested at any time at work, but other than that, I am concerned about side affects I may suffer.

I don't want to be at work with headaches or nausea, and apparently you don't sleep for a week on them and need to drink 5L of water a day on them as your mouth is so dry (which won't hurt me at all :lol: ).

New things scare me, and to be honest, I am scared. But I am going to keep a daily online diary of every single thing I feel.
Roblyssa

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous