It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:32 am

Free Newsletter

I'm new and I want to lose 25kg

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: I'm new and I want to lose 25kg

Postby skinnyinside » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:09 am

Don't be worried about being criticized, u don't need to tell anyone what your doing :) other than your boss for ur clearance. Née things are scary but this one will definitely have a happy ending :) good luck I'm sure you will smash it!!
skinnyinside

Postby xxkcxx » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:13 pm

hey guys!

Ive used duromine a few times before in the past but only ever last a week or two as things come up and i stop taking them *naughty me!* so ive started again today and need support! im on 40mgs, starting weight 118.6kgs absolute final goal weight 65kgs but will review if it happens!
Lets support each other guys! DAY 1... GO! :D
xxkcxx

Postby miss_viva » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Over in one of the other sections of the board ("true stories" I think), there's a whole thread for people that have used/are using Duromine. I'm sure if you read through some of those posts, you can find out some more information about it, and how people have felt while they've been taking it and what kind of results they've had.

I personally don't support the use of weightloss drugs, but I think that is a decision that everyone should make for themselves. Don't worry about other people criticising you, you do what YOU feel is necessary and best for your own health. Listen to your doctor and yourself/your body and I'm sure you'll do what is best for you.

Good luck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby wants2loseWEIGHT » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi there! Just want to greet every one a Happy New Year! Hope you all had a blast this past holidays. I wish you all the best this coming year and good luck to all of us in our journey. :D
To lose weight is to change your lifestyle to a healthy one - Marga

01/11/2011 = 102 kg
06/02/2012 = 93 kg
26/03/2012=91 kg
16/04/2012=88.4 kg
01/05/2012=85.1 kg
17/06/2012=78.1 kg
01/07/2012=76 kg
22/07/2012=72.5 kg
20/08/2012=68.5 kg
03/09/2012=67.8 kg
30/09/2012=66.1 kg
30/10/2012=64.9 kg
30/11/2012=62.1 kg
09/12/2012=62.2 kg
23/12/2012=61.9 kg
05/01/2013=62 kg
24/02/2013=59.9 kg
wants2loseWEIGHT

Postby Roblyssa » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:42 am

xxkcxx wrote:hey guys!

Ive used duromine a few times before in the past but only ever last a week or two as things come up and i stop taking them *naughty me!* so ive started again today and need support! im on 40mgs, starting weight 118.6kgs absolute final goal weight 65kgs but will review if it happens!
Lets support each other guys! DAY 1... GO! :D

Hey!

I started Duromine the day you did, starting weight 90.1kg, goal weight 68kg. I would love to follow your journey with you too! Please keep me posted!

miss_viva wrote:Over in one of the other sections of the board ("true stories" I think), there's a whole thread for people that have used/are using Duromine. I'm sure if you read through some of those posts, you can find out some more information about it, and how people have felt while they've been taking it and what kind of results they've had.

I personally don't support the use of weightloss drugs, but I think that is a decision that everyone should make for themselves. Don't worry about other people criticising you, you do what YOU feel is necessary and best for your own health. Listen to your doctor and yourself/your body and I'm sure you'll do what is best for you.

Good luck!

Miss V, I read through a lot of that post (because it is like 56 pages long or something) which is what scared me the most I think.

I am like you in not believing that there is a magic pill for weight loss, but I believe if you are sick, you take meds. If you are depressed, you need anti depressants (believe me, without anti-d's, I would be dead). Medically, I need to a) lose weight and b) take the pills. My thyroid is physically stopping me from losing weight, despite my efforts with my intake and output.

Thanks everyone for the support. I've been on Duromine for 6 days now and I feel fabulous! Not one side effect to note, except maybe getting a lot less sleep than usual, which has not bothered me as I am never tired through the day. But that settled down after 4 days and I feel great. In the 6 days, I have lost 1.1kg on them, so I hope to continue down that path towards my goal. I will see the doctor again in 2 more week to see what he says about going forward.

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby Roblyssa » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:06 pm

**1 week weigh in on Duromine**
Starting weight - 90.1kg (198.6lbs)
Today's weight - 88.3kg (194.6lbs)
Loss of 1.8kg (4lbs)

I am so thrilled with this loss, especially after Christmas and New Year. The Duromine is still giving me no trouble at all. I have resorted back to being tired at a good time at night and wanting to sleep that little bit longer in the morning, but I am still refreshed and clear thinking through the day.

If anything, my keenness to exercise has diminished a fair bit and I am having to really push myself to get out there and do my exercise. I do feel better after I have done it, but my excitement to get out there is very low now.

And on a side note - I jogged tonight on the treadmill for 2.5 minutes and then 2 minutes between walks....and I felt calm and relaxed :mrgreen: . When I used to jog on the treadmill, I would push myself so much that I would panic and feel like I was drowning. My heart would constrict and my breathing would become laboured but tonight, the only part hurting was my legs and I pushed myself without going overboard. And it felt really good! I hope to build up on these times until I can run a few miles at a time!

I am looking forward to weighing in next week to see if the the trend continues. I am hoping this isn't a fluke....beginners luck. :?

Thanks for reading.
Roblyssa

Postby miss_viva » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:31 pm

Congratulations on your loss, 1.8kgs is an excellent loss!

I'm glad you're not experiencing any side effects from the medication. My previous post was not intended to put you down or criticise your decision, I was simply saying it's not something that I'd choose to do, but obviously everyone is entitled to make their own choices about their bodies! Everyone here uses different methods to lose weight - you just have to find the one that works best for you and stick with it :)

Keep up the good work on the treadmill, I'm sure you'll be running marathons in no time! If you don't feel too motivated to exercise, maybe you could mix it up a little and try something new? Sometimes a change in routine can increase motivation.

Good luck for this week :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:42 pm

I know V, no ill feelings were felt toward you or anyone else here :) .

And after reading about the Just Dance on the Kinnect, I REALLY WANT ONE!! :cry:
Roblyssa

Postby miss_viva » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:45 pm

I really want one too! I've been going to a friend's place and a few of us are meeting there and using it together. If I had my own, I'd probably use it quite regularly. Maybe I'll get one when I reach my mini 75kg goal as a way to keep me motivated :) How's everything going for you this week?
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Good for you Miss V!!

Yeah, not too bad this week. It isn't official weigh in day yet (Tuesday I will weigh in for Week 2 on Duromine weight) but I did weigh in this morning (as I am in a challenge to lose 10lbs in January) and I have lost 0.5kg since Tuesday morning, so 5 days. I am really looking forward to my weigh in on Tuesday, but for now, I have lost 5.6kg all up.

**Slowly** but surely getting there now (with the help of the Duromine.......I didn't move for the 7 weeks before starting that). And I am really thrilled to be honest!!

No more 90's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Roblyssa

Postby babylove » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:15 pm

well done gotta be happy with that!
Look forward to following your progress.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby miss_viva » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Yes! Kiss those 90s goodbye! You're doing fantastically, keep going! It doesn't matter how long this whole process takes, as long as we get there in the end. Just keep trying, and you're on the right track as long as your weight is going down :) Looking forward to seeing how you go on Tuesday when you weigh in officially!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks Jules, great to have you on board!!

Miss V, thank's for your never-ending support! I love that you care so much, I will be sure to update tomorrow. I hope, if nothing else, that I have maintained the 500 grams I have already lost in the week. I'll be happy with that! :mrgreen:

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby babylove » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:55 pm

as i read these posts i sometimes think how do they know they lost 200g or 500g..lol. i need to get us some digital scales around here !!!

you have done awesome to get out of the nineties! duromine sounds interesting. ive never heard of it before.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby miss_viva » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:33 pm

You're welcome and thank you too!

It's much easier to do this if you've got a few other people out there supporting you, encouraging you, and kicking your ass when necessary. Congratulations on maintaining the 500gm loss, and I look forward to seeing the official result later on :)

babylove wrote:How do they know they lost 200g or 500g..lol. i need to get us some digital scales around here !!!

Yup, digital scales are the answer. They are really useful and I find them generally more accurate. (That said, I need to get a new set at the moment, as mine are quite old now and they're starting to give me a few different readings, depending on how the scale is positioned on the bathroom floor. :lol: ) You should consider investing in a set!
[/url]

miss_viva

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous