Free Newsletter

I'm new and I want to lose 25kg

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: I'm new and I want to lose 25kg

Postby Roblyssa » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:50 pm

**2 week weigh in on Duromine**
Starting weight - 90.1kg (198.6lbs)
Week 1 weigh in 3/1/12 - 88.3kg (194.6lbs) - Loss of 1.8kg (4lbs)
Week 2 weigh in 10/1/12 - 88.1kg (194.2lbs) - Loss of 200g (0.4lbs)
Total Loss - 2kg (4.4lbs)

So, I didn't maintain the half kilo loss that I recorded on Sunday, but I did lose in the week so I am ok with this.

My body (I have noticed in the last 3 months) is funny like this. One week I will either gain a small amount or lose very little, and the next week I will lose a LOT. Then back to losing very little, if not gaining some, and then losing a LOT.

I am not sure why this happens, but it does and I have come to accept it.

One thing that has thrilled me quite a bit is that my fat percentage reduced by 1.8% in the week from 45.9% to 44.1%!! :D Really pleased about this.

Still not a lot of change in my clothing **sigh**. But again, happy to be well away from the 90's. Next mini goal is to get below 85kg.
Roblyssa

Postby babylove » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:25 am

Congrats on losing bf percentage. That's a much better measure than scales.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby Roblyssa » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:14 pm

Thanks Jules.

During this weight loss process, I am trying to focus on the positives. I have adopted the 'glass is half full' policy, so I am hoping next week on the scales will see a much better result, both in kilos AND body fat percentage.

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby babylove » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:45 pm

I've always noticed I have a great weigh in after my rest day, I figure this its because your muscles need lots of hydration when working out hard. Just my theory lol.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby Roblyssa » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:30 pm

I had a rest day today, but I also had a rest day Monday and weighed in Tuesday to only 200 grams.

I did take a peek at the scales this morning and I HAD NOT MOVED. Not one gram, nor any percentage either :( . I hope it's all fluid, as tonight I am suffering AWFUL lady cramps! :evil:
Roblyssa

Postby babylove » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:50 am

Weigh in on your final day of ttotm!
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby miss_viva » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:29 pm

Roblyssa wrote:I hope it's all fluid, as tonight I am suffering AWFUL lady cramps!

Aww, you poor thing. It seems quite a few of us have been cursed this week! It really messes with your head when you've been great all week, only to see the number on the scales suddenly jump up again when you haven't done anything "wrong" or eaten anything "naughty". I'm in the same boat too at the moment, and I pretty much just ignore the scales at this time. I noticed that I always "gain" about 1kg at this time and then it disappears jus as quickly as soon as TTOM is over.

I usually still weigh in regardless, but mentally deduct that extra kilo to stop myself from getting frustrated over it :lol:

I hope you're feeling better now, lady cramps are a pain! I usually don't get them at all, but this time I did for a day. Thank god that's done with now! *rant over*
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:53 pm

Thank you both.

I only ever have TTOM for 2 days (I know, I know, I'm one of the lucky ones :roll: ) which is why the pain is so awful for those first 12 hours. I just wanted to throw up so badly!!

I am just about finished now so I will weigh in tomorrow morning, but I was totally bummed to see the scales read EXACTLY the same as last Sunday - 87.8kg. Mind you, when I weighed in on Tuesday, the scales had jumped up to 88.1kg, so I guess I have lost what I gained. The fat percentage went down another 1.5%, so I suppose I should be celebrating that fact and my measurements I took almost 3 weeks ago have gone down too, although not by a lot.

But in reality, I am having a real pity party today with myself. It is SO hard to stay encouraged when people around you are dropping kilos all over the place, yet for me, in almost 3 months, I haven't even hit the 6 kilo lost mark yet :cry: , despite how hard I am trying.

To be honest, I am truly devastated by how hard it is for my body to lose weight. I have never, ever been met with anything so hard in my life, and I seriously contemplated just giving up today, accepting the fact that I am meant to be this size forever. I try so hard to support other people and celebrate their achievements, but right now, I seem to hate everyone who is thin, who can lose weight, who can reach a goal. I know this is a 'moment' and it will pass, and hey I will probably pick myself up and kick myself in the butt, but right now I just wonder why I even bother.

On a side note and completely off topic - I bought the Just Dance 1 & 2 games for the Wii and spent 5.5 hours on Saturday doing it with the kids, and another 1.5 hours this afternoon doing it and I CAN NOT MOVE. I am sore in places I never dreamed of, I can't lift my arms over my head, dress myself, nothing. It completely works you out, and it is so much fun! I love it and will continue to do it and hopefully everything else will fall into place :wink: .
Roblyssa

Postby babylove » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:39 am

That is totally hormones talking!!! Keep at it. the change to a healthy lifestyle Is something so worth doing whether you lose or not. You prob have ttotm bloating, combined with muscle gains. Next week s weigh in will be better. I know exactly what you mean , when I couldnt fall pregnant I hated al l pregnant ladies! Big hugs xx
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby Roblyssa » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Thanks Jules......you are an amazing friend to me!

When I weighed in on Monday, the day after I finished TTOM, I had GAINED 600 grams :shock:, then fell back down this morning to only be 100 grams heavier so I am NOT weighing myself again until Sunday!! PROMISE!! :lol:

Kel
Roblyssa

Postby babylove » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:33 am

Anytime! I went for my fitness assessment this week and the trainer told me to tip my meals around a bit. He said more protein, less carbs especially when I'm inactive. He said for me to look at my plate, consider my activity and ask myself what am I fueling? carbs ok if active otherwise you fuel fat stores like carbing at bedtime. He said protein is used for fuel to muscles, hair, skin, nails. Doesn't sound as good when I say it, it was a lightbulb thing when he explained it to me! Lol.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby miss_viva » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:01 pm

Aww, I'm sorry you were having a bit of a rough time lately, I hope it's passed now. It's normal to have up and down moments, this whole process can be really frustrating at times. DO NOT GIVE UP THOUGH! The way I see it, if you just keep going, the scales eventually have to move in your favour! Even if you're eating well and working out and not losing anything, at least you aren't GAINING anything. If we gave up and sat around just eating whatever we wanted and being inactive, we'd just get heavier and heavier.

Also, try to focus on the benefits that are taking place inside of your body. A healthier diet and a exercise can only help you in the long run! Consider trying on some old clothes too, sometimes I don't see results on the scale but I'll find that my clothing is getting a lot more loose. When I first started, I had this beautiful dress that I could barely slide over my knees. Every few months, I used to try it on and see if I could get it on any futher! :lol: Eventually I could get it over my hips, then I had to focus on getting it to zip up at the back. It seems like such a small thing, but seeing that dress gradually begin to fit again really motivated me, especially when the scales weren't doing much. I can now get into that dress and zip it all the way up, but I'm not quite ready to wear it in public yet ;) That will be my next "dress goal".

I'm glad you're having fun on Just Dance, how awesome is it?! I absolutely love it! I almost died the next day after I tried it too!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Thanks Jules and Miss V.

Jules, I did know that about the 'less carbs more protein' rule, and it does work a treat. This week, the past 3 nights running, I have had only a small piece of meat with nothing else.

Miss V, there is no change in my clothing either :cry: ...................YET.

I got Just Dance 3 yesterday, and I now have 5 days off! I have to run around tomorrow all day getting school books and uniforms and school shoes for the 3 kids, but the rest of the time I will be giving the Just Dance games a good flogging!

And, if the weather is ok, I will be walking too!

I see the doctor in the morning so I will report in with what he says.
Roblyssa

Postby babylove » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:35 pm

Good luck at dr appt!
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby Roblyssa » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Thanks Jules.

So I saw the doctor this morning and he had news for me. My blood tests results turned up showing an underactive Thyroid. :shock:

8 years I have had this thyroid condition that was neither under or over active, and now it becomes underactive. Part of me wanted to cry because I knew then why my body refuses to lose weight. The other part of me wanted to scream with excitement over having an answer! But deep down, I am quite devastated.

The doctor has given me a script for Thyroxin to take, which I filled today and I will start taking it tomorrow. He advised me that he would like me to go off the Duromine when I run out of tablets (6 more days) and just stick with the Thyroxin, but he did give me another script for the Duromine for another month and left it up to me to fill, if I felt like that was what I wanted to do.

I decided not to fill the Duromine script today. I am going to start the Thyroxin tomorrow, finish the Duromine tablets and then give myself a month on just the Thyroxin tablets and see how I go doing what I am doing.

The doctor informed me that the weight did have to come off and to just 'keep at it', he told me (of course) how well I was looking and weighed me again (non eventful as I was dressed and they were not my digital scales - and I promised myself I wouldn't weigh myself until Sunday :lol: ) and he wants me to go for another blood test in 2 weeks, then see him again in 3 weeks after the bloods come back.

So, until then, I will keep doing what I am doing, dig deep with determination and try and make some progress!

Thanks for reading!
Roblyssa

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous