It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:41 am

Free Newsletter

I'm new and I want to lose 25kg

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: I'm new and I want to lose 25kg

Postby SugarandSpice » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:45 pm

Well I suppose the good news is that you now have an answer...

I have had my thyroid tested so many times it is ridiculous. I have had a large goitre all my life and every time I would go to a Dr - they would point it out and send me for tests....which always come back normal. Doesn't happen any more as I am now too fat for anyone to see the goitre.

Good luck with the thyroxin.

You are doing such a great job!!

Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby Roblyssa » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:41 am

Thanks Vicki.

For 8 or so years I have had a multi-nodular goitre so for it to revert to under active was a real shock to me!

Too bad it couldn't have swung the other way and become over active :lol: .

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby SugarandSpice » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:12 am

Me too!!! Just had another ultrasound a few weeks ago - nodules keep getting bigger, but thyroid remain normal apparently??? I sometimes wish my results would come back and say there is something wrong as at least that would explain some things..... There are 2 lots of blood tests, but to be eligible to have the 2nd set (which is way more thorough in checking all of the thyroid hormones) you have to have a slightly abnormal 1st result.

Anyway, hopefully the thyroxin will help regulate your metabolism and your weight loss will improve.

Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby babylove » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:15 am

Oh wow. Part of me is relieved to hear there's a reason your hard work hasn't been paying off as it should. Then the rest of me its sorry to learn you have thyroid problems. I hope now you end up feeling better and reaching your goals. Your motivation was never under question! Xx
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby Roblyssa » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:39 am

Thanks Jules and Vicki.

Weigh in this morning and again I have mixed feelings (although I DID expect the result I got).

My exercise has been minimal this week due to being so busy getting kids school books, shoes, uniforms, meeting the teachers, my Daughter's 10th birthday etc etc. Excuses I know, but it is what it is, I'm admitting it, I was very slack this week.

So the scales this morning read 85.7kg. I was thrilled, a loss of 2.2kg, but the fat percentage went right up 1.7% to 45.9% again! So I know the bulk of the loss is fluid and muscle :? .

Things I'm proud of this week: 1) I did not have ANY chocolate mudcake that my daughter had for her birthday and 2) My husbank wanted pizza, ribs, lasagne and garlic bread for dinner last night, so I went out and got it for him and didn't eat any of it - at all!

Thanks for your support everyone xoxo.
Roblyssa

Postby SugarandSpice » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:01 pm

Congrats

And can I say I am VERY impressed at your strength!!! Resisting Pizza, lasagne, garlic bread and ribs - not to mention mud cake????

Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby Roblyssa » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:18 pm

The lasagne nearly broke me, OMG I love lasagne from an italian place!! And the mudcake, well, I surprised myself!! I do love my mudcake!

Thanks Vicki!!

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby babylove » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:41 am

That's awesome willpower! This week has ben so hectic for us too trying to get my son to school, daughter to kindy, then rounds of swimming, dancing, tennis. On top of that hubby said to go to the gym at night dinner had to be cooked before I go. Argh!!!
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby miss_viva » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:10 pm

Great job resisting all of those tempting things! I probably would have caved and had a little. Congratulations :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:22 pm

Thanks my lady friends!!

Weigh in tomorrow morning, little bit excited, lots nervous!! It has been a hit and miss week for me too, I've been sick and haven't exercised like I normally would.

I'll check in tomorrow!

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby babylove » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:45 pm

Good luck tomorrow
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby Roblyssa » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:21 pm

Thanks Jules!

Weighed in to a little loss of 300 grams, BUT IT'S A LOSS!! I have an underactive Thyroid and low blood pressure, so I'm really happy. If I lose a little (or a lot) EVERY week, then sooner or later I HAVE to reach my goal.

With the little exercise I did through the week, I am really pleased. I am starting to 'look' different to my own eye, which speaks volumes seeing as I am the last to 'see' my own progress. I will take more photos soon and I am going to do my measurements on the weekend again.

Thanks ladies for your support!

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby miss_viva » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Roblyssa wrote:I am starting to 'look' different to my own eye, which speaks volumes seeing as I am the last to 'see' my own progress.

That's fantastic, congratulations! Well done on your loss too, every little bit helps and you're moving in the right direction. I think being able to see a difference in yourself is one of the most motivating things, so keep working hard! Good luck for this week :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Thanks everyone.

Weighed in this morning, again a loss of only 300 grams, but this comes with not an ounce of exercise. With my blood pressure being as low as it has been, mixed with the panic attacks I have been having, I haven't felt up to exercising.

I bought a Polar F7 HRM today and can't wait to start using it tomorrow, so tomorrow I will be BACK into it. I will expect a rise on the scales this week due to building muscle back up from what I lost when I wasn't exercising, but I know that it will have to come off down the track. Plus, TTOM must be due shortly because I am a rotten b!tch to everyone right now, so I would be heavier from that... :evil:

Thanks for your support everyone!

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby babylove » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:29 am

Awesome, a loss with no extra exercise...congrats!
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous