It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:12 am

Free Newsletter

Hellooo =) new here, 30+ to lose

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Hellooo =) new here, 30+ to lose

Postby ZLEM » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi everyone

I am 26 years old and currently weight 98kg. 170cm tall. I want to be normal again, I will be happy with 70kg for a start and then go from there

I have been overweight (ok, "obese") for the last 7 years, after I had my first baby. Ate too much while pregnant, put on too much weight, got loads of stretchmarks and was depressed and felt hopeless so I just kept on eating.

At my heaviest I was in the 120's ( don't remember exact figure, I refused to own scales but the doctor weighed me). That was around 4 years ago. I had another baby 2 years ago, then another 8 months ago (that's all for me thanx!). I have been putting more of an effort into exercise, but my problem is food, I eat when I'm bored or depressed.

About a 2 weeks ago I bought a set of scales, for the first time in my life. I was 102.5kg. But I have recently quit smoking, and stopped breastfeeding, I am afraid I will start gaining weight again

My partner had some duromine the doctor had prescribed for him, he gave me some to try. For the first 3-4 days I was hyped up, buzzing, but best of all, I didn't want to EAT. So I ate next to nothing and dropped about 4 kg's in that short time. I went to see the doctor and asked him to prescribe me some for myself. He gave me 30 days worth of 30mg.

So ok I thought, -4 kg in 3 days feels great! But it is not healthy or sustainable, better do this properly, or I'm just gonna put the weight right back on when the pills run out..

I found an app for my phone to record calories, weight etc. According to the app I should be eating 1200 calories a day to lose 2 pounds per week. So I am now recording everything I eat, and trying to eat properly, often I would skip breakfast and then pig out later on in the day. Now I am making myself eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacking on healthy things in between. And sure enough - I put 3 of those 4 kg back on quicksmart, but that's ok with me, because I'm losing them again, just more slowly, and by eating the right food rather than starving myself.

It's been a real eye opener to look at how many calories are in things like 1 slice of white bread - most days I used to have 2 sandwiches (4 slices!) just for lunch, loaded up with cheese and ham etc. I would drink way too much fizzy drink and juice, as well as usually 2 or more energy drinks a day, just because I felt so fat and sluggish. And by recording every little thing that I eat/drink really helps me to see where I'm going wrong.

Anyway, I've got a long road ahead of me, I know pills are "bad" but I am hoping that they will help me, by not having the cravings for all the crap I usually eat, if I force myself to eat but only eat good things then maybe my body will get used to eating right, I will be able to develop healthier eating habits that I really hope I can stick to once the pills go byebye.
ZLEM

Re: Hellooo =) new here, 30+ to lose

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi ZLEM

It certainly sounds like you're approaching this with a realistic long-term view. And I like the way you recognise that the pills are a tool that will give you a short period of grace in which to build up some good habits.

Same here re the bread and cheese. Perhaps you should try a more filling wholemeal alternative and replace the cheese (single processed full fat cheese slices are about 250 Kj, which is huge for such a small piece of "food") with something less energy-dense such as boiled vegetables (carrot and broccoli mashed up together makes a nice spread).

And yes, it's a long road, but provided you just keep putting one foot in front of the other you'll eventually reach your destination.
CronicBadger

Re: Hellooo =) new here, 30+ to lose

Postby Fireball » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:49 am

Hi Zlem. It's fantastic that you've decided to do something about it now. And especillay recognising that quitting smoking could present a problem if you dont deal with it. I made that mistake and put kilos on. So good on you to aim to get on top of it.
With all the little ones as well as some extra weight on, it's no wonder you feel sluggish. Quite possibly not getting enough sleep too? You are probably aware but if not please dont underestimate the damage lack of sleep can do, to your health generally and to your weight. They now realise that a lack of sleep means we dont produce the hormone that tells us when to stop eating. So I guess with the young ones you may be at added risk.
I agree with Cronic Badher. It soouds like you are being realistic so hopefully it will go well for you. Good luck.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous