It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:46 pm

Free Newsletter

My experience with Hypnoband

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

My experience with Hypnoband

Postby skinnyinside » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:26 am

Hi everyone,

I am 22 years old and currently weight 107kg(!!!!! :shock: ). I have a 20 month ofd daughter and put on 30 kg when i was pregnant with her which i havent shifted, i have put some on on top of that as well.

I have tried plenty of different diets, they usually last a week at most, i recently lost 5 kilos by going to the gym, but i stopped going and put it all back on. I never have the motivation to keep going. I have had success in the past (pre baby) by losing 20 kilos which took me down to 70kg.

Anywayyyyy, the reason i have joined here is because I have found something ithink finally may work! I tried to do as much research as possible on it before i decided to fork out the small fortune (for me anyway haha, im a single mum so relatively frugal) and go for it, but i didnt find many people who wanted to go into detail and share their experience about it.

I discovered something called Hypnoband, it is basically hypnosis to make your subconcious believe you have had lapband surgery and that your stomach is the size of a golf ball. I suffer from bordem and emotional eating. I love to eat and i eat WAYYYYY to much and never feel contented with my food, i would eat all day if i was allowed to.

So heres how it works.

I have four sessions in total, on the first two sessions they do a hypnosis to get you to think differently about food. On the 3rd session they do the procedure, its like having a real surgery where you have to fast the night before and then they make the room smell like a hospital and play hospital noises through the headphones etc. then a month later you have a fourht session which is a follow up.

I had my first session on saturday. It was amazing! We sat down and spoke about what my biggest issues were in realtion to food, she suggested buying a smaller plate and trying to eat more protein less carbs etc. and getting some excercise (all common sense stuff really). Then she did the hypnosis. I had to sit in the chair and put on headphones and relax. At first i thought it wasnt working, my mind kept wandering, i felt quite disappointed, then the next thing i remember was her saying she was going to count 1-5 and at 5 i would be fully awake and i was! it was like snapping awake, it was so weird. I then went to have lunch and got a sandwich and could only eat half of it before i began to feel full.

All the next day i ate super healthy but not by meaning to, its just the food i felt like eating, we have chocolates, shortbread and lollies at my counter at work at the moment and while i thought i like chocolate, i just didnt feel like one. it was very bizarre. I went grocery shopping and didnt buy a single packet of chips, bottle of soft drink or biscuits for anything.

I have a cd i ahve to listen too nightly and one to help me relax as well as i am a very anxious person. She also gave me a ping pong ball to represent the size of my stomach.

So I am planning on keeping a diary (here) of my experience with hypnoband. Sorry its so long!!
skinnyinside

Re: My experience with Hypnoband

Postby skinnyinside » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:01 am

So today is day 3 since my initial consultation. I have been listening to my cd every night and have not had any problems with sticking to a really health menu. I just don't feel like eating bad food. Or more than I should, is really bizarre!
skinnyinside

Postby skinnyinside » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:39 pm

Today I went christmas shopping with my sister, again i ate healthy foods and didnt even drool in the slightest about the foods i know i should avoid. I walked around all day so that can be my excercise.

I was going to wait to weigh myself until saturday but i couldnt help myself and I jumped on the scales. 104.8! woo hoo very exciting.

Its a good start, and it makes my end result so much closer. I really want the time to hurry up so that i can be skinny and happier with the way i look and move on with my life. i have held on to this fat for far too long and now I am releasing it.

Tonight i am just planning on having scrambled eggs for dinner, i might put some onion and tomato in them, im not overly hungry and i really cant be bothered (my baby daddy is being a jerk face :().
skinnyinside

Postby skinnyinside » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:52 pm

I forgot my CD at my sisters house so last night i didnt get to listen to it. I was really worried it would throw me off today but today seems to be ok, still eating healthily.
skinnyinside

Postby skinnyinside » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:12 pm

This forum is a bit lonely at the moment :( haha bit like my life really.

I am having a little doubt in my head today but nothing i cant beat back down, my daughter was eating pringles as a treat and i LOVEEEEEE pringles, well i know i love them, but even being able to smell theml, i didnt want to eat one of them, it is really making my head spin all these new feelings. Like not feeling like i will die if i dont eat a whole big bag of chips in 10 seconds flat, or that feeling of out of controllness (its a word :wink: ) that i always have, i used to constantly think about when i was going to eat next and what i was going to eat ie i am dying for mcdonalds, ill eat the lunch i brought to work and then eat the maccas on the way home and then later on eat some other terrible food for dinner.

I am so excited about this experience, and i hope that some people close to me one day give it a try. I know it sounds witch doctory and alot of people thing its all waving clocks and people clucking like chickens, its really not at all. Alot of it is about relaxing and just letting go. I am really looking forward to my next session. the lady i am seeing is actually a psychologist and she does cognitive behaviour therapy with me as well.
skinnyinside

Postby skinnyinside » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:51 am

I went out for dinner last night with a friend as my daughters father finally decided he wanted to spend some time with his sprout.
I had steak, its was really nice, it came with salad and mash and i ended up leaving most of the plate, we went to cold rock afterswards and oh my goodness did i enjoy some icecream, the funny thing is, i didnt feel guilty about it at all, bceuase firstly i didnt eat all of it and secondly, it seemed ok to have it because it was once and i dont know i just didnt feel like crazy about it like when i have dieted in the past. I normally would have used that to give up and say oh well ive stuffed it now, but i made the concious decision i was going to have a little icecream after our dinner out.

My therapist said that food should be enjoyed and savoured and i feel as if i did that last night. rather than shovelling it in mindlessly.

I just realised i havent had breakfast yet so i should probably have some fruit. My daughter and i went on a wwalk this morning and to the park. It was nice to get out of the house for some scheduled excercise as opposed to work being it haha.
skinnyinside

Postby miss_viva » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi Skinny,

I've just had a read over your posts and I found them quite interesting. I've actually seen the hypnoband idea on the tv/internet before and I thought it was interesting, but I wasn't sure if it was all just a load of BS or not! It's probably not something I'd try, but I've really enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your progress. It sounds like you're doing really well and I'm pleased that you're experiencing such success and positive feelings! Keep going, you're doing really well!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby skinnyinside » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi there miss_viva! thanks for reading my posts :)

I am really happy with my experience and weightloss so far and i havent even had the band "put on" yet. I had a friend who went to weightloss retreat to get it done and i thought about it for a while and then decided i wanted to try it, its not the physical things about dieting and weightloss that i couldnt master it was the in my head bit. I really look forward to getting back to feeling like me, and i also want to set a positive image for my daughter.

Once again thanks so much for reading my posts! Hope to see you around the boards :)
skinnyinside

I wish i had the resolve to wait til saturday and weigh myse

Postby skinnyinside » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:28 pm

So i just jumoed onto the scales again (i got out of the shower and they were staring at me!!!! evil scales haha :P) and i have now had a total loss of 3.4 kg since i started hypnoband.

I am sooooooo happy this, I really cannot wait to reach my goal. the sooner the better. My aim at the moment is to be as skinny as i can by my best friends Jennas wedding. I am a bridesmaid and the dress looks nice already (its a very flattering dress) but i would ultimately like to be skinnier as I will be seeing my ex boyfriend (read love of my life who was a jerk but at the time i didnt realise it and will probably always hold a candle for) for the first time in three years and I was alot slimmer when we were together.

ANyhooooooo must get ready for work.
skinnyinside

Postby skinnyinside » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:08 pm

So my official weigh in day isnt until tomorrow but once again i couldnt help myself. I really need to get rid of my scales and weigh myself at my sisters house :P.

So to date i have lost 4kg!! im stoked. I know that next week wont be as dramatic but i think i would really like to give it it a try. I havent really excercised this week so perhaps next week i can try and excercise every day haha.

I had pasta for lunch today, its the first time i have had it all week, which is a big change compared to normal, i used to have pasta nearly every day. It made me feel really tired, but it was nice :).

I have had a few fleeting moments of gee id like some chocolate or some chips but they passed as quickly as they came. I am looking forward to sunday to enjoy some roast meats :).
skinnyinside

Official weigh in day!

Postby skinnyinside » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:09 am

Official way in day today TADAAAAAAAAA.

So my start weight was 107kg.
My weight today is 102.6kg!!!!! YAY! go meeeeeeeeeee thats great i am so excited :)

Merry christmas eve all, im off to buy some last minute things.
skinnyinside

Postby skinnyinside » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:38 pm

I have decided to give myself the night off listening to my CD tonight as I didnt buy batteries haha. I am a little bit down tonight as my daighters father was supposed to come and spend time with her today and he didnt and isnt answering his phone or messages. I dont know why i am surprised to be honest as hes always been unreliable but since he ended it hes been on fire.

I am looking forward to tomorrow for the food and the family and the presents and hopefully my daughter will enjoy herself.

Merry Christmas!![list=][/list]
skinnyinside

Postby skinnyinside » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:56 pm

Christmas was good today, the food was very nice i enjoyed it heaps. I was very sensible and didnt go insane, i had someone sitting near me who was onto their third plate of food when i was still soldiering through my modestly filled plate, i didnt even end up finishing it all anyway haha, my daughter took alot of my food off my plate and i let her because i didnt want to eat it all haha, and also i got full very quickly.

SO i have decided my goal for this coming week is to lose enough weight to get me back into the 90's, Double digits YES PLEASE!!!!!!

I wish i could have such an awesome loss this coming week as the last one but i know that is probably improbable haha.

I need to listen to my CD but im so tired, im going to make myself do it i just need to build myself up.
skinnyinside

Postby miss_viva » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:50 pm

Congratulations on your loss, that was massive! You're doing really well so far, so keep it up! I'm sure you'll be back in the double digits really soon. Don't be disappointed if you don't achieve the same massive loss this week, any kind of loss is good. You did so well to lose that much, but it's a little unrealistic to expect those kinds of losses every single week. Based on what you've said though, you seem to recognise that which is a good sign! It looks like you're also down a little since your official weigh in, so congratulations for losing over the Christmas period, that's not an easy thing to do. Well done!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby skinnyinside » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Thanks for your reply miss viva:) I am looking forward to this coming week, I am hoping for 2kilos but if it doesn't happen any loss will do :)
skinnyinside

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous