It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:04 pm

Free Newsletter

Newbie Alert - at least 20kg to drop!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie Alert - at least 20kg to drop!

Postby rachL2012 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:00 am

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading bits and pieces on here on lots of boards but decided I had to make myself accountable and tell my story! I'm 28, Aussie but living OS and at the biggest I've been. I've never been a skinny girl, always battled with my weight but I've never let it get this far and I'm pretty cranky at myself! I blame an injury, I had a ACL reconstruction (knee) last year and this stopped me from playing sport, going to the gym, pretty much everything for a year. I COULD have been more active but I used it as an excuse! Anyway now I have to be serious about this all and have at least 20kg to drop. Probably more but 20 to start with! I've never been lighter than 75 so I can't imagine it being possible (even though I know it really is!)

I think I'm reasonably knowledgeable about nutrition and know how to get the weight off, so I'm doing my own thing - counting calories with app to make sure I don't sneak any oreos without making myself accountable and have decreased portion sizes. I love food. Thankfully I love fruit and veggies but unfortunately I love all naughty things too. Don't drink any soft drinks etc, drink at least 2 litres of water a day and my latest 'mind trick' is to drink green tea whenever I get bored and look for food.

Exercise wise I am going to the gym 4 - 5 times a week. RPM is my fave but also combat and pilates. Trying to do different classes so I don't get bored. Working myself towards pump, I hate pump, but I know I need to do some weights to tone muscles to help metabolism improve.

I'm getting frustrated because although this time I know I'm trying to get the weight off the right way (excerise and good food...) other times I've dropped weight I've used extreme/fad diets like Celebrity Slim, Optifast, no carbs, raw food, blah blah, and the weight just DROPS off me, 2 or more kg's per week. But, as expected, I always gain it quickly again. So I have to remind myself that this is the better way but so tempted just for a little kick start, dropping carbs or using shakes......?? Have others done this?

I decided at NY (as everyone does) that this is the year. But I'm annoyed at myself that in 3 months I've only dropped 3 kgs. But, I don't think I've been serious enough about it so the real starts now!

rachL2012

Re: Newbie Alert - at least 20kg to drop!

Postby skinnyinside » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You will drop the weight in not time and it will be sustainable if its not from a fad diet :). I look forward to seeing your progress :).

That really sucks about your knee, great that your able to get back into it now :).

Where abouts overseas are you living? when you said oreos i thought maybe USA lol :P
skinnyinside

Re: Newbie Alert - at least 20kg to drop!

Postby rachL2012 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 am

I'm in Malaysia - which makes it a bit hard since there are so many delicious (but oily!) local foods - rota chanai, kolok mee, laksa, nasi goreng...oh the list goes on. I eat rice everyday which I know is terrible but I've cut my portion size in half. And, surprisingly, it's enough food! I'm such a goldfish, I'll eat it if it's in front of my but I really don't need it!

Anyway, another 2kgs gone! :) Hooray!
rachL2012

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous