It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:58 pm

Free Newsletter

AJ on a Mission

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

AJ on a Mission

Postby weightyissue2012 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:13 pm

Hi I'm AJ, and I'm a YoYo dieter...

I've lost count of the amount of times that I have started and never finished a lifestyle/diet change! I'm nearly 25 now, so between all the shakes, pills, cheating, PT and exercise sessions, I am most certain I know my right from wrong.

My first failed attempt was when I signed up to a PT/gym and all I was told was what not to eat and drink protein shakes, now those things make me gag. Then I signed up to a high-protein diet, lets just say I was sick of eggs and chiken after the first couple of days - it became hard to stomach meat! I've tried cleansing diets, not eating, many different shakes and pills and I think I have finally learnt my lesson!

I've recently moved back home from the big smoke, now back living under the parents roof! I've got all the time in the world and hardly any excuses (damn!). I'm studying full time and kinda looking for work, but it's not really coming my way :(

Anyway, I've joined curves, but not feeling that I'm getting enough out of it, so might move to the big gym... I'm slowly changing my diet... Breakfast is pretty easy, either yoghurt and muslei or Good ol' weetbix and banana or bacon and eggs... Then I've got my inbetween "healthy" snacks, lunch of salad and a good dose of protein, dinner same again... And finish off the day with a good piece of fruit and green tea... Now, to get the exercise down pat!!!
Small steps... AND... POOF! Weight gone :)

GOALS:
9.6.12 = 110kg

MY JOURNAL: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=30064

RECIPES:
Choc-Banana Muffins: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30080
Oven Baked Muesli: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30101

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Tx7uW/
weightyissue2012

Re: AJ on a Mission

Postby skinnyinside » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:40 pm

Your plan sounds great :)

My biggest problem with weightloss was changing the way i thought about the whole caper. I forked out $600 on hypnotherapy and it was the best thing i EVER did, however since spending all that money i have found a free weightloss hypnotherapy app lol.

Good luck getting to the gym, i LOVE gym :)
skinnyinside

Postby weightyissue2012 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:08 pm

Well, it's been a pretty ordinary week (putting in midly)...

Monday, I stuck quite well to my goal of eating healthy for the day... Tuesday my sister decided to bake and I didn't resist... Wednesday, the local show was in town so went in for a good time and feed... Today, I started it well, but it ended badly :(

So, what will I do? Just pick myself up and start it all again and continue to eat healthy throughout the day... Oh and I must be at Zumba tomorrow morning at 9am!!!! It's not like I've got anything else planned for the day (other than getting on track and eating healthy).

AJ

GOALS:
9.6.12 = 110kg

RECIPES:

weightyissue2012

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:02 am

You sound a bit despondent.

Do you feel your motivation has up and went?

Think hard.

Is the pleasure/guilt worth years of avoiding being in photos, not being able to join in with friends and family at outdoor events eg backyard cricket LOL, having to go to 'big woman's clothing shops and not able to look at racks outside shops cos your too embarrassed since you know that nothing on there will fit you?

If you need any more reasons to grab that motivation back just ask me. I've been through most reasons apart, fortunately, from health ones.

Good luck x

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 93.9K
Start of challenge: 98.6
①97K: ②96.6K: ③96.3: ④95.6:⑤96.1:
⑥94.5: ⑦94.3: ⑧ 93.9: ⑨: ⑩:⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 10: NO excuses!
Retire_The_Fat

Postby weightyissue2012 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:18 am

Thanks for that... Sometimes you need that big kick up the bum, and I know you weren't trying to be mean (well I hope not).

I've been to the gym twice this week, but I think I'm going to start my morning walks again... I'm beginning to sleep to much (because I don't have a job to go to), so my days are kinda getting out of control and I need to get back into routine! So even if I have to walk by myself then I'll do that and even if it's cold! I'm sick of waiting for my family, which is why I cook the evening meal (which last night was a beautiful roast chicken with veg, absolutely nothing bad about that!) I've just got to get those snack and lunch back under control!!!!!

Grr you cravings and sugar thingo!

GOALS:
9.6.12 = 110kg

RECIPES:

weightyissue2012

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:22 am

I know you weren't trying to be mean (well I hope not).

LOL you're right I wasn't :)

Well done!

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Retire_The_Fat

Postby weightyissue2012 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:58 pm

So, I didn't go for my walk this morning. Woke up to rain and it hasn't stopped since! BUT I did get to the gym, and went with a friend so I couldn't bludge out. Did 3 gym sessions this week, so starting to get back on top of things. Then had coffee at Micky D's after, and I didn't go for any of the other stuff there, just stuck to the coffee! Since moving back from Sydney I've had maybe 3 coffees in the last 3 months!!! Onto tea now which is much much better.

We are going out for an "early" birthday dinner seeing as the whole family is home at the moment, so I am looking forward to it, especially since it is one of my fav's... Hopeing to stick to a good meal choice there, sure I can do it!

All the bad food is finally gone from the house and I'm looking forward to my salads this week, although gonna have to start cooking up some soups for the colder days. Dinner is all planned out for the week, so no excuses there. Heaps of fruit in the fridge - feeling that it's going to be one heck of a week YAY finally, so glad to have this feeling back.

Just want the rain to go away so I can start my morning walks again - tomorrow will have to make sure I do pilates so to burn off some of tonights dinner.

Ahhh - feeling so good at the moment even though I have not lost weight this week I can feel next week is going to be 100x better! :D

GOALS:
9.6.12 = 110kg

RECIPES:

weightyissue2012

Postby weightyissue2012 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:47 am

Well I think I did alright last night, had 1 slice of garlic bread for entree, plenty of water 1 glass of wine, chicken and salad for main and then shared a huge desert between 3 of us! Was a really good night, and very happy that the scales read lower today!!! WOOO HOOO...

Sun's out today, so guess that means I'll be going for that walk sometime - although need to catch up on some uni work to!

AJ

GOALS:
9.6.12 = 110kg

RECIPES:

weightyissue2012

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Well done!

Sun's out here and the Eagles are playing in 90mins so I'm off for my swim now then treadmill when I get back.
Have to be home so I can update my s-in-l who'll be away from the TV during the game! LOL

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Retire_The_Fat

Postby Elitesolitude » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:42 pm

Don't forget its like 70% cleaneating and only 30% exercise... If your not that crash on exercise... do a dance class and dont think of it as exercise or something you HAVE to do...do it more for fun 'time out of your own head!"

You did well on your dinner out!! small steps in the long run do get you there!!
My Journal! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30094

"Think about why you started!"
Elitesolitude

Postby weightyissue2012 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Got it down as my goal this week to focus on CLEAN EATING... Yep got it up on my wall nice and big so I won't forget!!

GOALS:
9.6.12 = 110kg

RECIPES:

weightyissue2012

Postby weightyissue2012 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:36 pm

Feeling good today... Started it off with a walk and yeah, it was freezing. Took the 2 dogs with me which helped me get back up the hill :p

Spent most of the morning running around town, fixing up my car CTP, Insurance and Rego!!! But that's done so I can drive my car around again. Big trip to Sydney this week, really looking forward to it,but it's full of social visits so hoping no GOING TO stick to my goal of "Clean Eating" this week - everyone knows what I am trying to do and are on board. ALthough my sister keeps making bad foods, biscuits, cakes etc - I said "NO" today :)

Finished off in town at the gym and home again - now to get started on those essays!!!!!! :(

FOOD TODAY:
B: Muslei + yoghurt and green tea
S: apple
S: double D sugar free fruit drop
L: left over beef casserole + mandarin and green tea

GOALS:
9.6.12 = 110kg

RECIPES:

weightyissue2012

Postby Elitesolitude » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Great work!!

Just check the sugar content of the museli alot of those are filled with extra sugars again in the form of sultanas ect (fructose).

Good girl for the green tea!! I need to work on that it's spose to be awsome for you!

Haha and a nice firm 'NO' to crappy food is always good...failing that you can just fib and say your gluten/lactose intolerant haha bit cheeky but saves the whole 'im on a diet' convo!
My Journal! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30094

"Think about why you started!"
Elitesolitude

Postby weightyissue2012 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Woke up this morning and it was dark as hell and raining - so didn't get my walk on, plus Sparta (my dog) was curled up beside me, it was to nice in bed :p When I did get up at 7.30am the sun was out and it was beautiful, 30 min later, gone again, so off to the gym I went!!!!

Breakfast this morning consisted of multi-grain toast and vegemite, just wast feeling anything else this morning, had my morning snack of an apple after the gym and have salad, brown rice and tuna for lunch!

I'm definately going to have to cook those soups next week!!!!

As for the museli it's my own recipe - I'll post it up in the recipe section - no fruit all good stuff, I reckon anyway!

GOALS:
9.6.12 = 110kg

RECIPES:

weightyissue2012

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Tue May 01, 2012 8:47 pm

You're going well!

I just got in and sat down here...haven't been on the treadmill today but will do it after putting the dinner on to cook.
poof,,...she's gone

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Retire_The_Fat

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous