It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:41 pm

Free Newsletter

New :) any tips or advice please <3

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

New :) any tips or advice please <3

Postby Tea85 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:36 am

Hi everyone!! My name is Tegan and I'm new to this forum :) I have been reading through your post and have gotten lots of good info :) I weigh in at 86 kgs and would like to lose 20-26 kgs. I have been walking 30minutes to a hour daily for the last two weeks and changed to a healthier diet. My new daily diet consists of -

Breakfest - bowl of just right w/ full cream milk
Banana
Small cup juice

Lunch. - 2 x criskist topped with Philly low fat cream cheese chicken or ham and an assortment of salad.
- 600 ml Pepsi Max ( I know but I changed from coke and cut from 2 lts a day! )

Snacks. - banana or apple or small tub of yoghurt

Dinner. - whatever meat I'm cooking for my family plus salad.

Water - 3 x 600ml a day (trying to increase)

Ive been eating to this plan for 7 days now do far so good. I'm not hungry nor craving.
I hope to reach my goal weight (60-65kg) by September 2013 (my birthday) is this realistic and healthy??

Any tips or advice???

I look forward to hear from you guys

Tegan xx
Tea85

Re: New :) any tips or advice please <3

Postby Blitz » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:30 am

Tegan

Put the cola can down now and walk away :wink: ...seriously I know it's hard but as one who used to gulp this stuff down by the bucket load, my advise to you is get it off your daily menu. It won't take long before your body adjusts and you'll find that it won't taste as good as it use to.

Your food intake looks to me to be reasonable. Maybe some protein for breakfast to fuel your exercise and just make sure your meat portion at dinner isn't too big.

You may want to try favouring your water with a bit of lemon or orange juice to help increase your water intake. Water by itself can be bland to those unuse to drinking it regularly.

Trying some other forms of exercise can help stop the body getting use to your daily walks. I
recommend that you try swimming which will use muscles that you aren't working out in your walks. Keep mixing up your exercise in length and indensity for maxium results.

Your goal is achievable but it will depend on how badly you want it. Don't focus too much on your end goal. Break it down into smaller numbers which you can use as stepping stones to where you want to finish. The real battle for weight loss happens in your head. Every reason you can think of why you want to lose weight (whether major or mundane) will put you closer to success.

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg (in 60 weeks)
Now: Keeping it off for life!
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Tea85 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Thank you :)

Today is my first full day with no coke :( I have a massive headache but I know it will wear off soon enough. My disire to shift the weight is all I keep thinking about!! Lol

By protein at breakfest what do you mean?? Sorry if this is a silly question but this is new for me.
Tea85

Postby admin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi Tegan
well done for no coke....you will have headaches for a day or two but will go and you will feel so much better.If you can keep it up you need to pat yourself on the back.
Protein, I have attached a link which might help explain protein and weightloss. Have an egg on toast. Low fat milk and yoghurt as well.

Here are your 2 links to read up on

http://health.ninemsn.com.au/naturalthe ... eight-loss
http://www.wellnessresources.com/tips/a ... ight_loss/

Good luck
admin
Site Admin

Postby Tea85 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:16 pm

Thank you very much xxx
Tea85

Postby Tea85 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:25 am

Super proud of me today!! It's overcast, cold and showering off and on but I still went for my 30 minute walk this morning :) lucky for me I didn't get soaked the rain held off during my walk.

Also still no coke for me :)

I weighed this morning 84.5 kgs so lost 1.5 kgs in 10 days. Is this good? I don't want to lose weight to fast but not sure what's a good amount per week to aim for.
Tea85

Postby Blitz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Any amount you lose is good! :D Steady losses are the way to go. They keep you motivated.
Keep up the good work.

Regards
Kim
Blitz

Postby Tea85 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Thanks Blitz :)

I am now eating two boiled eggs cut up on a slice of toast for breakie which I am enjoying much more then just right! Thank u :)
Tea85

Postby Tea85 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:48 pm

I started a thigh, bum and tummy toning workout to add to my daily walk yesterday. I'm am so sore today it sucks. I could barely walk this morning and really had to push through the ache in my thighs. Should I do this extra workout everyday even tho I'm aching or let my body rest and on do it every 2nd day?? The work out is not particularly hard or long but I'm using muscles I havent used properly in years lol.
Tea85

Postby Tea85 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:50 pm

I don't want to do more damage then good!!
Tea85

Postby Blitz » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:29 am

That's not damage, that's muscle growth. I know it feels bad but celebrate what it is doing for your weight loss.

Moving through the discomfort will wear it away. I've often found that after 5 or so minutes of exercise the soreness not only leaves but I actually feel stronger than the day before. If that is too hard maybe rest a day from your new exercises or only do half the amount until your body gets use to it. You will be surprised by how quick your body will recover.

When I first started using the exercise bike, 4 minutes it would kill me (and yes I could hardly walk the next day). Now I can do 40 minute sessions without lasting affect (just buckets of sweat!), burning around 500 cals each time. Lately I've been doing two of the sessions with a short break inbetween. When I first started out, there was no way I thought I could do that. It will be the same with you. The healthier and more fit you become the easier it will be...you will actually enjoy it! :shock:

Regards
Kim
Blitz

Postby Tea85 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:38 am

Thanks Blitz

My hubby gave me the same advice, keep going keep pushing through soreness is a good sign. There is a big difference between being sore and being in pain.

So I shall keep going!

Tegan xxx
Tea85

Postby Tea85 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:10 am

I have decided to make a pledge to myself and my kids-- I will "play" outside with them for at least 30 minutes every afternoon!

I know it's not technically "exercise" however I want to add more fun physical activity to my day. Yesterday we played a game of backyard footy and today we are going bowling :)
Tea85

Postby Blitz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:10 am

Tegan

Any movement is exercise. But more importantly you are discovering one of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. You are no longer content to be at the sidelines looking on while those that you love are participating in life.

My wife on the weekends use to take our daughter down to the local park or go for a walk. Just before they walk out the door they would ask one more time if I would join them. Laying on the couch worn out from carrying my massive bulk for half the day I'ld tell them that I was too tired to go with them. When they left I felt a real heel. I could see the disappointment on their faces. Now it is so different. I'm the one leading the charge for these walks. As we walk; we talk and play games and tell stories. These are the memories my daughter will have always and the true gold of our lives.

Now this vista is opening to you. Makes all the effort to lose weight worth it, eh? :lol:

Regards
Kim
Blitz

Postby Tea85 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:45 am

Having a new outlook and making an effort for them is making it worth it for me blitz. They deserve a mum who will play with them. The boys already join me in my daily walks, it's nice to have that half an hour just to chat with no distractions. I'm really kicking myself for letting so many years go by :(
Tea85

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous