It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Blog: Plump Girl Shrinks

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Blog: Plump Girl Shrinks

Postby MissWard » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I am here because I need to make big changes. I have been overweight for most of my life. I need motivation and support. As I don’t get much from home. My highest weight I've ever been is (currently) about 120kgs since the beginning of 2011. I got down to 116kgs which was around March 2011. Then back up again. That’s not going to happen this time.

I’m 20 years young and work on a mine site in northern WA. So it can be a little had trying to stick to a diet/exercise schedule when I’m away from home for 9 days and travelling for 2 days. My job can be sometimes physically demanding but not always. I’m 175cm in height and 120kgs weight so that makes my BMI 39.63. This simply means I’m Obese.  I wear size 20 or 22 t-shirts and size 18 or 20 jeans/trousers.

Diabetes runs in my family. Not just my mother’s side of the family, my dad also has it. So this along with a few other reasons is why I would like to lose weight.

They say the most important things to have before starting any diet is to have goals and a plan. The previous times I’ve tried to lose weight, I hadn’t set many goals, other than to lose weight. I didn’t have a proper plan in place either. That may have been where went wrong.

Now I’m back at it again with goals and a plan. Stronger and more determined than anything.
My Goal(s)
1. My main goal is to lose 40kgs in 20 weeks. Start date: Today 20 December 2012. Finish date: 9 May 2013.
2. To be able to participant in the ‘HBF Run For A Reason’ 4km or 10km Fun Run on the 26th May 2013
3. To play and be active around my little baby sister and all of my nieces and nephews.
o To be fit and healthy.
o To feel comfortable to walk in to a skinny girl shop and try on a dress I like.
o To be more confident within myself.
o To feel the power of accomplishment. Knowing that I have overcome one of the biggest obstacles in my life.
o To look good in skin tight dresses.
o To be able to tell him A.W that our conversation made me more motivated than ever to be fitter. To be able to ask him this question “You were in-love with me before I was at a healthy weight, so does weight really matter?” and to be able to see the look on your face when you have to answer that and, when I show you old pictures of me. Before and after pictures.
o To be able to show that nasty, hateful woman at the Administration how good I can look. She told me that us (us as in herself and I) big chicks can never be skinny.  I’ll show her!

My plan of attack
Simple! Eat healthy, Exercise harder (harder than what I’m used to – nothing).
MEAL and EXERCISE PLAN
1. At Work:
a. Eat clean Breakfast and Dinner, Protein/Meal Replacement Shake for Lunch. Snacks Morning and afternoon: 1 piece of fruit or handful of seeds and nuts.
b. AM: Gym Session – Cardio 45 minutes to 1 hour (brisk walk).
PM: Gym Session – Weights 20 to 30 minutes and Cycling 30 minutes.

2. At Home
a. Juice Fast. Nothing but juice baby.
b. AM: 30 minute to 1 hour Walking or Cycling or both.
PM: 1 hour class at Gym.
I’ll share my recipes with you all. 

Some of my guidelines:
 Each morning drink one BIG glass of lemon juice and water before AM Exercise to kick start metabolism.
 No sugar at all.
 Aim to drink 3L of water per day, No less. Adding one more litre to that for every hour I exercise.
 Try to cut down on white bread intake. Bread is a big part of my family’s meals. It’s going to be hard breaking the habit, but I know it’s worth it.
 Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.
 Eat every 2-3 hours to keep my metabolism going throughout the day.
 No dried fruit. It’s not good for you.
 When eating nuts only stick to almonds, walnuts and Brazil nuts. NO cashews, macadamias and peanuts.
 Take fish oil tablets before every main meal.
 Take green tea tablets every day or drink some green tea every day.
 No sauces or dressings.
 No cheese, custard and ice-creams
 No take away, flavoured drinks, pasta and alcohol.
 No processed mince and sausages.

I saw on another blog that a girl treated herself to a breast lift when she reached her goal weight. Which is an absolute wonderful idea? I wish her the best of luck in her weight loss journey. So with that simple statement she made, it got me thinking about what I would like as a reward. Something that I have always wanted, something that I could easily get motivated for. And I’m thinking may be butt lift or implants LOL. Sounds funny, but I must admit. My ass is so FLAT seriously. If squats, lunges and other exercise that are meant to tighten your buttocks. Then I’m going to go under the knife, which I’m completely terrified of. Big Butt, YAY! Lol

Today I officially start my Weight Loss Journey (WLJ). Right now it’s only 10:30am. So I'll be back tomorrow morning to tell you what today was like.

Today’s Measurements:
Height: 174cm
Current Weight: 120kgs
Weight to Lose: 40kgs
BMI: 39.63 - OBESE
Waist: 111cm
Hip: 127cm
Waist to Hip Ratio Risk: HIGH
Meal Status: So Far, So Good, and So Healthy.
Exercise Status: Looking forward to tonight’s session. 
Mood Status (right now): Happy, Excited and Motivated.

Sorry that was very, very long winded. My first blog I’m just a little bit excited LOL. I promise my next blogs won’t be as long winded as this one. Promise... I will keep updating my meal and exercise choices daily. I have choosen to Weigh-in every Thursday. So next Thursday we'll see all my measurements again. :)
Welcome to my journey. I look forward to your comments or questions.
SW: 120kgs (20 Dec 2012)
GW: 75-80kgs
Time Frame: 20 weeks (9 May 2013)
MissWard

Re: Blog: Plump Girl Shrinks

Postby admin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Welcome Miss Ward and thanks for telling us a little about about yourself. Looks like you have a great plan and are clear in what you have to do so good luck.
Look forward to your next post and an update in your progress.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:56 pm

Welcome to the Forum.

To be successful in weight loss it is important to develop a healthy lifestyle that will work for you. That will mean change in your life. The best way to achieve this is slow sure changes that you can turn into good practices that will replace the bad habits of your old lifestyle.

I wish you all success on your journey to a better future. :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby MissWard » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks Sharrelle.

Thanks Kim I will be sure to try that.
MissWard

Postby MissWard » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:09 pm

I’m kind of excited. Its day TWO already!
Today’s Daily Pledge: Exercise. Must do exercise tonight!
Thought of the day: To succeed you must first improve, to improve you must first practice, to practice you must first learn, to learn you must first fail.” ~Wesley Woo

Well day one down six to go. Meal wise I didn’t get off to a bad start yesterday. Although I didn’t have a shake for lunch.
Breakfast
1 slice of Bread
2 Poached Eggs
1 x Tomato
1 handful Mushrooms
1 Glass of OJ (dammit! I have to stop that. It’s full of sugar)
Lunch
Roast beef and Salad. YUM!
Dinner
Chicken and loads of vegies. Two small potato wedges. 
Dessert
Diet lime jelly

Exercise: None.  I was so excited although out the day. Then got to the gym and it was locked. What the?! So I’m going to have to see about that tonight. Make sure something happens.

Check in tomorrow. Until goodluck on your goals. :)
MissWard

Postby Blitz » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Your meals generally looked ok. The only thing I would change is lose one of the breakie eggs and instead of the juice I would have had water with juice added to it like you would cordial. Just enough flavouring to stop it from being boring. :D

I don't know where you are based but next time the gym is shut why not try a walk? If you're in some place like Leinster it can be very pleasant.

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous