It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Time to shrink!

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Time to shrink!

Postby finallydoingitforme » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Hello hello!
I thought I would start my own little thread and introduce myself. I am a 24 year old woman who weighs just over 100kgs. I am currently not too sure of my exact weight as I am trying not to weigh in until Monday morning. This is most definitely not my first attempt to lose the weight. I usually make it down to about 93kgs and then end up giving up. I have an amazing husband, but sometimes he can be the one who sabbotages my efforts (he doesn't mean to).

So, what is going to be different this time?
I am going to exercise in the morning before work every day.
No processed food - I'm going to eat only clean, whole foods.
More water - I usually drink about a litre of water a day. I am going to boost this up to at least 2, even 3!
I am going to eat breakfast every day.
I am going to be very strict on portion size.

I need you guys to keep me on track!
SW: 101.3kgs
CW: 92.8kgs
GW: 60kgs
finallydoingitforme

Re: Time to shrink!

Postby Blitz » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:08 pm

Welcome and I hope that you will have a successful weight loss journey.

You have good solid ideas to get to your goals. :D Of course the devil is in how to make all that work in your lifestyle. The real battle of weight loss happens not on a plate or in a gym but rather between the ears! :shock: Each of our journeys is unique but still there is an awful lot of common ground that we can share to help each other along the way. Use this forum well and it will reward you by helping you achieve your dreams. :D

Wishing you a better future
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby finallydoingitforme » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Thanks for your support Kim!

This morning I had a really good talk to my husband. In the past he has sabotaged me, but we talked about why this morning. He has only ever known me as a 'big' girl, and was afraid if I lost the weight I would want more than him. So sweet! I love him with all of my heart. I really feel that we are going to be able to do this together this time.

This afternoon we did the fridge clean out, filled with foods, worked on a meal plan and got organised. I'm so excited!
finallydoingitforme

Postby Metalcharm » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:20 pm

The plan I did was very similar to yours and for me if was effective and it has been long term. Get your husband to hold you accountable - get him to be tough on you and question you why you might not have done your exercise or perhaps why you made a bad food choice.

Good luck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby finallydoingitforme » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:25 pm

Thanks Metal Charm!

You are one of my inspirations! I was reading your story this morning.

I am so ready to do this. 2013 is going to be my year. Hopefully I will be able to swap into the uni course which will refocus my long term career, we will pay off our first home loan completely (yay!) and i am going to work my butt off to get in shape and look amazing!
finallydoingitforme

Postby finallydoingitforme » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:07 am

I have just got to work after my first morning of waking and walking at 5am. I am not sure how much distance I covered, but I walked to music that had a tempo of 126 beats per minute (yay for being a musician!), for 45 minutes. I find if i listen to faster paced music I need to walk in time to the beat and it keeps my pace up.

So, how am I feeling? Hot, tired and a little dehydrated, but I am content knowing that I can do this. I had a terrible night of sleep as I kept waking up thinking that I had missed my alarm!

Could I do this every day? Hell yes!

So, my food for the day consists of:
Breakfast
1/2 cup muesli
1/4 cup 98% fat free strawberry yoghurt
1 x cappuccino with one sugar

Lunch
Salad consisting of 2 sticks of celery, half a carrot, 1 tomato dressed with lemon juice
1 piece of bread
50g beef

Dinner
100g steak
Salad Salad consisting of 2 sticks of celery, half a carrot, 1 tomato dressed with lemon juice

Snacks
1 cup chopped nectarine
1 cup of tea with a splash of mike and one sugar.

On top of this, I am guzzling down the water, so aiming for 3 litres today!
finallydoingitforme

Postby Blitz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:10 pm

Good start, the only thing I'd do different is lose the sugar in the tea and cappucino and maybe find something more appealling than celery sticks! :wink:

You may find your muscles may be a bit sore tomorrow don't worry that will soon wear off as your body gets use to the exercise...just think of the weight you will be shifting.

Good work
Kim
Blitz

Postby finallydoingitforme » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:03 am

I am full of energy this morning! Once again, I was up at 5am for a walk. It was a lot cooler than yesterday (we even had a few drops of rain). I jumped on the scales this morning and weighed in at 100kg. That was super exciting! I feel amazing, and it is already starting to pay off. I am super excited to continue this journey.

Thanks for the advice Kim! I would ditch the sugar, but I actually really love celery! The sugar has only been added to keep my diet balanced, otherwise I am not eating enough calories :( Although I am re working my food plan next weekend to cut out the sugar and bread. They are the only refined things in my diet at the moment, and will soon be gone!

I also guzzled water yesterday like a maniac! I feel so good for it though!
finallydoingitforme

Postby ~Tasha~ » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:30 pm

snap on the 100kg I to weigh it and i'm determined to get back down to my size 14 clothes that I was in when I was 16

you are doing a great job keep it up :)

I weigh in for the 1st time friday i'm a little anxious :)
~Tasha~

Postby Blitz » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:42 pm

Try an apple or sultanas if you are looking for some natural sugars.

You like celery? You must be a natural dieter! :lol: Each to his own. I can't stand yoghurt yet it's the cornerstone of a lot of people's healthy breakfast. We all have to work it out for ourselves and find a healthy lifestyle that works for us. :D

You have made a real good start. Keep it up and the results will be there for you.

Kim
Blitz

Postby finallydoingitforme » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:16 am

I am learning to love yoghurt - but believe me, it is a battle! I have never really been a fan of dairy foods!

This morning we stepped up the intensity and started jogging for 30 seconds, walking for 90. I am exhausted, but feel amazingly motivated - even though I jumped on the scale this morning and weighed in at 100.2kgs. I know this slight gain is my body realising that I lost a lot of weight in the first 24 hours.
finallydoingitforme

Postby Blitz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:09 pm

It could also be muscle gain which will stoke up your metabolism for some good weight loss in the future. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby finallydoingitforme » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:20 am

I am tired today, but still got up and did my walk! My eating has been perfect, but today I am cutting bread and sugar out of my diet! This means I am no longer eating any processed foods at all!

Oh, and I weighed in at 99.9kgs this morning. A good 300gm loss!
finallydoingitforme

Postby finallydoingitforme » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:20 am

Woooo! I have officially lost 2kgs! I weighed in this morning at 99.3kgs :)

I am still loving the feeling of eating healthy. Hubby and I are now thinking about buying a volleyball / tennis rackets / soccer ball and making the most of the late afternoons and beautiful weather. I am getting quite excited. I am super motivated at the moment.
finallydoingitforme

Postby carole86 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:45 pm

Woohoo!! Congrats finallydoingitforme, well done! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtBRNlo/]Image
carole86

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous